Where are thou Pineapple?

Hey guys!

Curious if anyone knows where to find Pineapple these days. I used to get this strain from a buddy who grew it outdoors in the Santa Cruz mountains. This was not Pineapple Express or Pineapple Chunk - just Pineapple. It really smelled strongly of pineapple with a hint of cheese-y/skunk as well. Very very nice, uplifting, anxiolytic hybrid smoke. Similar high to the best Cheese cut I used to get but, maybe a bit more psychedelic. Anyone else ever smoked or grown Pineapple?

11 Likes

Platinum Pineapple from Soak’n Beanz

5 Likes

this looks pretty interesting! Have you grow it out? I suspect i may have been smoking the “old pineapple” as the weed I remember certainly didn’t have any OG in it that I could tell.

1 Like

Dynasty has a pineapple strain I forget the name but I grew it out and it was pineapple terps and a nice sativa high.

Green bodhi has some golden pineapple hybrids which sounds like the cut you are seeking. He is a controversial character but I think he has some solid old cuts. I bought some but haven’t grown them out yet.
Good luck🤙🏽

2 Likes

This looks really promising. Appreciate you pointing it out!

3 Likes

highlighter’s apollo - a11 x f13xa11 - had some very strong pineapple smells ~week 4. it’s more of a spiked fruit punch now.

4 Likes

sounds very tasty!

1 Like

Been reading some more and some people seem to think their’s a pheno of Ed Rosenthal Super Bud that was known as “Pineapple” anybody ever grown ERSB?

1 Like

I think you’re lioking for Pineapple Punch by Flying Dutchman. VERY pineapply, super happy, elated and inspired head but can be racy or psychedelic at high doses. Skunk- dominant genetics. Awesome rare strain.
Imho, Pineapple Punch was a better high and flavor than ERSB “pineapple”.
If you want a diff. option, Green Bodhi’s Golden Pineapple is closer in effect to what you want. (It’s a C99 cross).
But Flying Dutchman PP is my top pic! Most EU seedbanks will have it. Not sure about US.

1 Like

Never tried it, but you can read a short write up about it here:

2 Likes

have yet to try it but dynastys pineapple fields is suppose to be straight up like breaking open a fruit

2 Likes

I’ve had ERSB from a serve I used to order from, I don’t remember too much about it other than it was distinctly old school flavor, maybe some pineapple? Good bud still

2 Likes

Gonna pop these in a few days… hoping to find some Pineapple/Pina Colada that us supposedly in here!

Never heard of a strain thats just called Pineapple though.

2 Likes

In my vast searching for Pineapple, the best I have found is Professor P (Dynasty Genetics) Pineapple Fields. So I second or third that nomination.

7 Likes

Man, I think this is probably what it was reading about PP’s lineage etc. It definitely struck me as having skunk in the genetics (was very similar to cheese in a lot of ways)

Edit: bummer looks like PP is sold out / discontinued :cry:

2 Likes

https://whitebuffaloseedcollective.com/product/island-pilgrim/

White Buffalo Seed Collective has a Jamaican Pineapple Skunk they use in crosses you might be interested in as well. Not sure if they have done a pure release.

2 Likes

The strain below your first post, Platinum Pineapple was remade by @Heritagefarms (Rebellion Seeds), and he’s a member here.

I haven’t grown it yet, but he might be able to answer some questions. I think he’s busy during days, but he’ll stop by.

6 Likes

The platinum pineapple on the @soaknbenas site is made with the old school pineapple plant that used to float around California. From what I understand that pineapple plant was found in a pack of sagamarthas 60/40 strain. Those packs on that site also include some somas lavender as a freebie.

10 Likes

I’m smoking @Heritagefarms platinum pineapple right now-

It’s really nice-
Smells like sweet pineapple, and has a fantastic high…

My yield was a little disappointing, but I let it fade early.

I’m impressed, so I’m planning to run the rest of my beans later this year.

I’ll be sure to keep nitrogen up longer into the bulking phase next time, and see if I can improve the yield…

8 Likes

Thanks. I may do mine this summer. It’s been eating at me for a while. That PP and the Lavender. You make yours sound nice.

4 Likes