Banned stretch reducing flowering supplements (PGR)

a lil confused, its sold as a product for ornamental plants so Im not sure why they would list cannabis as one of its uses

would you use it on marijuana?

Here is my understanding, there are a variety of problems with Paclobutrazol, one of which being environmental persistence along with potential liver toxicity in mammals:
http://www.mass.gov/eea/docs/agr/pesticides/rightofway/docs/paclobutrazol-review-jan-2012.pdf

It is used sometimes (in some countries) for food crop production although it has also been banned by other countries and in some US states for use on food crops. The EPA list this as moderately toxic and notes "this substance has not undergone a complete evaluation and determination under US EPA’s IRIS program for evidence of human carcinogenic potential”.

Personally, I would not use a product containing Paclobutrazol on crops meant for ingestion (until there is better research available).

1 Like

If I was growing some land race sativa’s I might consider, from what I understand you only need 1 application

1 Like

I see this is an old thread. I am looking for some information on this subject. I have reason to believe that my medicine has been poisoned by paclo. Buds came out rock solid with no flavor. Caused dizziness to people that smoked it and even one person was claiming that they were coughing blood.

Found this article in my research. Along with this. https://www.oregon.gov/ODA/programs/Pesticides/Documents/CannabisPesticideAdvisories/VandeUber.pdf

I was using Pyyro K on my meds. Very serious issue. Can’t get into more details on public forum, but curious if anyone knows more about this.

This stuffs good 2 go right?

2 Likes

Listed as:
Gravity paclobutrazol Conventional chemical pgr 76738-62-1 125601

If this is the same stuff, it will have an effect but it is not suggested to use on anything but ornamentals…

http://www.cdpr.ca.gov/docs/risk/rcd/paclobut.pdf
http://www.mass.gov/eea/docs/agr/pesticides/rightofway/docs/paclobutrazol-review-jan-2012.pdf

1 Like

Being sarcastic bud gravity is infamous for being banned about 10 years ago or so.

2 Likes

Sounds like there may be more to it. Someone spray the plants with pesticides?

If it’s serious, send a sample to a lab for analysis.

1 Like

Well my post was flagged as spam saying it was an ad. That couldn’t be further from the truth.

1 Like

I have. I already know what it was. This site won’t allow me to post the link.

1 Like

Ok. Have fun guys!

I am dealing with the CDFA and serious health issues with medical patients, one of which almost died in the hospital as result of exposure to banned chemicals hidden in fertilizers. Serious stuff. I don’t have time for games or sarcasm.

Peace out!

Ok. So you are saying the only thing found was paclobutrazol? And it was causing severe side-effects including coughing up blood?

The reason I was wondering if there was anything else on the product is because I haven’t heard of such a severe side effect due to paclobutrazol by itself. Studies tend to note the potential for long term problems at the dose found in the plant. However, they also note that it is not well studied for inhalation after combustion. So there could be something there. I defer to others to comment on this effect…

Rapidly and extensively absorbed after oral administration, paclobutrazol is of moderate acute toxicity
by the oral and inhalation routes and of low acute toxicity by the dermal route. Paclobutrazol is mildly
irritating to skin and eyes and is not a skin sensitiser. The proposed classification for acute toxicity is
Xn; R20/22 ‘Harmful by inhalation and if swallowed’. In repeat dose toxicity studies, the target organ
is the liver for all species (rats, dogs and mice), showing clinical chemistry changes, increased weight
and some histopathological findings (increased incidences of hydropic and fatty changes, including
hepatocyte steatosis). Based on the available studies, paclobutrazol is considered as unlikely to be
genotoxic or carcinogenic to humans. The relevant NOAELs in long-term studies are 2.2 mg/kg
bw/day for the rat, and 14 mg/kg bw/day for the mouse. In the rat multigeneration reproduction study,
no adverse effect on fertility or reproductive performance was seen up to the top dose of 117 mg/kg
bw/day (in males). In the rat developmental toxicity studies, an occurrence of cleft palates triggered
the proposal for classification as Repro. Cat. 3, R63 ‘Possible risk of harm to the unborn child’. In
rabbits, no developmental toxicity was observed up to maternally toxic dose levels. The relevant
maternal NOAELs are 100 mg/kg bw/day for the rat and 75 mg/kg bw/day for the rabbit; the relevant
developmental NOAELs are 10 mg/kg bw/day for the rat and 125 mg/kg bw/day for the rabbit (top
dose).

Acute Toxicity means adverse effects of a substance that result either from a single exposure or from multiple exposures in a short period of time.

Category: Pesticides
Toxic classification: poisoning
Acute toxicity: Oral-Rat LD50: 1300 mg/kg; Oral-mouse LD50: 490 mg/kg

H302 Harmful if swallowed Acute toxicity,oral Category 4 Warning P264, P270, P301+P312, P330, P501
H312 Harmful in contact with skin Acute toxicity,dermal Category 4 Warning P280,P302+P352, P312, P322, P363,P501
H333 May be harmful if inhaled Acute toxicity,inhalation Category 5 P304+P312
H361 Suspected of damaging fertility or the unborn child Reproductive toxicity Category 2 Warning P201, P202, P281, P308+P313, P405,P501
1 Like

I do not believe any sarcasm was directed at you, specifically. If it were, you’d see the reply information in the post directed back to you. Unless I’m missing something…

Ok. So here’s the deal. I have been growing weed for 25 years. I was “experimenting” with a new product.
The product we were experimenting with was a product made by someone that is mentioned in this thread as being notorious for “hiding” these ingredients in his products. We did not know that this was the case. The buds were dense with no flavor, a side effect of paclo. I used this product heavily. We did not know we were smoking paclo and who knows what else. The smoke made people feel “dizzy” including my 83 year old father, who fell down, broke his wrist, passed out and almost died. He spent two weeks in the hospital. We have done some research and have found that this product was banned in Oregon and Washington already. I can’t post the link as it keeps getting deleted which is making me wonder who is doing that? This is a very serious issue.

Is this the link?

Hopefully someone here will have some additional information as to the side effects you’ve experienced.

You may have a cause for action against the manufacturer but that would be a matter that an attorney should handle. Same thing if the state is coming after you. Along that line, you’ve mentioned that someone was coughing blood as a result of smoking these plants, is that the case? If so, it isn’t clear if you’ve had a lab analysis done, this would be kind-of important to establish what may have caused the side-effects. Otherwise, you are only making an educated guess (e.g. the “who knows what else”). Also, how was this administered? Smoke, vaped, oil, etc? Any other possible point of contamination?

1 Like

You posted the same link multiple times. The system flagged you. It’s all good now.

4 Likes

I have retained an attorney.

New product
Diablo-StuntMonster-1L_4f4eeedd-793d-47fe-af12-2677ac21e980_500x500 Diablo-Nutrients-Stunt-Monster-Growth-Regulators

Language used is similar to the multiple banned products shown in this thread. This one seems to be somehow registered, “Registration Number # 2017133A Fertilizers
Act.”
Searching this number directs me to a rooting gel…

I had to go through many sellers to find one who mention PGR in the product description…

Thoughts?

1 Like

The SDS says it contains cytokinins, specifically kinetin. It looks like this comes from kelp, which afaik is safe to use.

2 Likes