The dirty secret of California’s legal weed

This article is rather devastating to the California industry. Some brands have insane levels of pesticides. I’ve used a couple of these brands myself that tested VERY high in stuff that may cause a host of problems. The brand I could literally feel was fucking me up as I was using it was west coast cure. I’ve also bought PHAT PANDA flower in the past which had the most next to Stiizy which I know people who buy their edibles and they are the #1 brand in California.

There is a table at the bottom of the article which lists many brands and how they favored.

Combine this with the article recently on over half of the testing labs being shut down and it is hard to have faith in legal cannabis without great oversight from neutral parties.

40 Likes

Glad to see some awareness on this - I’ve had to cut out government weed completely because of the strange headaches and ‘hangover/drunk’ feelings I get.

Google Eagle20 - symptoms of exposure are brutal… yet many licensed grow facilities will use this spray IN FLOWER!

Ps - they are doing the same thing to our food.

20 Likes

They test for eagle 20 I thought!

2 Likes

Total sleaze balls!
They deserve to be put out of business, that is unconscionable.

Cheers
G

20 Likes

This is why I grow my own.

31 Likes

A near hospital visit here from dispo cannabis, in canada though. Fucking garbage.

7 Likes

1. Opened mylar bags of illegal Chinese-label fumigants scatter the floor of a cannabis greenhouse in Siskiyou County. Lab tests identified 10 pesticides in the unbranded product, two potentially fatal if inhaled. (California Water Boards) 2. A Chinese fumigant containing isoprocarb, not approved for use in the United States, recovered from the Siskiyou County cannabis farm. (Integral Ecology Research Center) 3. Blue- and green-labeled unbranded pesticides sit on the top shelf, among other chemicals, at the farm. The Chinese-language products have prompted health warnings for law enforcement, but not cannabis consumers. (California Water Boards)

Excellent. Health warnings for law enforcement, but not cannabis consumers. :roll_eyes: Seems slightly backwards if they’re theoretically supposed to be serving the community…

11 Likes

I discover so much chems now with the legal market ^^

Just found this on Eagle20 :neutral_face: Juste cianide heated damned, they are really playing hard.

6 Likes

Right? Dispensaries are so shady. Forget about overgrowing the government. It’s time to overgrow the boof dispensaries giving us literal poison!

In AZ, Grow Sciences markets themselves as the highest “quality” cannabis. Guess what? They spray their shit with poison like everyone else and their buds taste like cardboard.

Here they are getting caught and the owner is just playing dumb. Screw all these guys.

11 Likes

Not gonna name names. But it’s worse than people think. I was trying to buy legal trim in Central/Noerthern Cali in 2018-19, and literally spent almost 3k in testing, to have 0 farms pass pesticide testing. Like clockwork, every single farm tried to somehow blame us. And wed retest and get the exact same results out of SC Labs. Ironically not long after that, SC Labs deleted our almost 10 year old acct, with hundreds of tests. So I cant even access it anymore. Ive tried and tried to contact them about it, and just get the runaround with no answers as to why. I wish I could show folks the test from the biggest nursery/grow in Monterey County at the time failing for Roundup. Having the testing is pretty damning evidence. Most were failing with myclo and paclo though, and usually more than 1 thing.

31 Likes

It’s a god damn conspiracy I tell ya!

6 Likes

You know ‘why’…protecting their client base…follow the money.
Growing clean cannabis is hard, being a cheating doosh is not only easier it’s more profitable.
I have never trusted dispensary weed.

10 Likes

This only works for big producers. The big producers simply tell the lab that they’ll take all their testing somewhere that’ll give them what they want.

Small producers don’t have the clout :rofl::rofl:

9 Likes

Is this paving the way for pharma takeover?

“You people can’t be trusted & we’re taking it away! :roll_eyes:

:evergreen_tree:

8 Likes

I think you are EXACTLY correct. We can not play by the government rules because they designe every rule to make themselves and their friends rich by creating a monopoly. We ( as a community) need to address this and take DIRECT action. Using politics and voting has and is failing us. We need to put marijuana plants everywhere so that the government can not regulate it. That shit needs to be growing wild on the lawn of every courthouse on this planet. Overgrow the World !!!

9 Likes

yeah, that won’t hurt the genetics at all…

5 Likes

This is why “legalizing” recreational weed but keeping the home cultivation of weed illegal is NOT legalization of weed, it is legalization of corporate murder.

20 Likes

Amen to this, plants limitations are even an iniquitous “fuck you” sent.

10 Likes

That’s why I got my medical license here in canada @Fuel

This 4 plant limit per household? Fuck that

10 Likes

6 plants here in California. We can just grow 20lb monsters.

12 Likes