Pure phosphorus (P) fertilizer or supplement?

Ok so this has been driving me a bit crazy lol. I’m working on a new nutrient solution for flowering, and I’ve got something put together using things I already have that’s pretty much perfect but I need more P.

The only option I’ve found so far is Nature’s Nectar phosphorous which looks ok, but will be far more costly per crop than all my other nutes combined…there are also ferts called ‘super phosphates’ or ‘triple phosphates’ that are pure P but I can’t find any in Canada and will have to pay like $100 to ship from the USA.

Can anyone point me towards a cheap, readily available pure P (phosphorous) fertilizer or supplement that’s available in Canada (or can be shipped here cheaply)?

2 Likes

Banana skin with can sugar un a bottle for 24 hours add water then feed

2 Likes

Interesting. What’s the P concentration, and is it readily available? I know most organic sources aren’t…

Where do small Canadian farmers go to get the p they need ?

2 Likes

I’d love to know lol. I remember reading threads about people mixing their own salts on the old OG. I assumed I’d be able to find something dirt cheap no problem, but alas its not so.

There’s something called MPK (mono- potassium phosphate) that people use, but the potassium is too high for my purposes.

1 Like

says 13.99 for 2kg

2 Likes

High concentration too (45)

1 Like

Wow awesome that looks like a winner. How the hell did you find that so quickly lol… thanks

i googled “treble super phosphate site:*.ca” - what are your N and K sources? this seems way cheaper than anything else, i might have to do this too lmao

3 Likes

I use this ( elixir high p )on my mums one week before I take cuts to preload the cuts with high p to promote rooting in new cuts
I like it as it is a complete feed and has everything else that’s needed too ( iron zinc etc , also it is low in n so that aids faster rooting too
Maybe you can find similar : )

2 Likes
4 Likes

IIRCC bonemeal or a meat and bonemeal has high P … not sure if this soil/ soilless mix your in but probably wouldn’t work for hydro.

1 Like

Making Banana Peel Fertilizer

This post contains links that will, at no extra cost to you, earn money for our site if you happen to click and shop through them. You are not at all obligated to do so, but we appreciate it if you do. Click here to read our affiliate disclosures.

Here’s the basic recipe:

banana peels
quart mason jars
plastic mason jar lids
water

Add one banana peel to each quart jar.

Fill jars with water and seal.

Allow to sit for about a week before using on your potassium loving plants.

4 Likes

Lots of good recommendations here!
This is what I have been using:

Most Canadian hydroponics stores carry it. It cost more but you don’t use very much.

Cheers
G

3 Likes

Bananas are high in K (potassium) not P (phosphorous).

8 Likes

If you’re adding it to liquid, and you need to adjust pH down, phosphoric acid is a source of P.

Triple Super Phosphate is definitely the cheapest and easiest route, though.

3 Likes

I definately did not read it correctly lol smoke one this morning

7 Likes

You got the first letter right! :joy:

9 Likes

Looks good, but I only want the P. The other stuff would be too much for my blend.

@Tinytuttle also good, but too slow to break down. Most P in bone meal isn’t available to the plant until after months of breaking down

@GMan I saw that stuff in my searches. It has some available phosphate, but most isn’t and needs to be broken down over time. I’d try it but would be worried P would build up too much in my coco over time

@vernal I do use phosphoric for ph down, it adds a few ppm of P but not enough. It’s definitely looking like super phosphate is my best bet

@Goodgrace87 lol I still get them confused. Why the heck is potassium K… just confusing. I’ll keep the banana peels for smoking haha

5 Likes

I tend to flip back to my days of aquarium keeping and PMDD for nutrients.

For small quantities of phosphate that are known food safe - we used fleet brand enema - straight up k2po4 (or was it kh2po4?). Don’t get the stuff with salt/saline.

3 Likes