Barefoot And Blazed's Benevolent Buds

If you believe ILGM, they list 10-12 weeks for Red Headed Stranger to flower. I’d think that would vary depending if the pheno leans towards the Haze parent or the William’s Wonder. A buddy of mine ran Williams Wonder for a long time and we always really enjoyed the smoke. His plants would stay relatively compact but still provide nice yields. I have no idea what to expect from this clone I received since I haven’t seen it grown before.

5 Likes

That’s basically what I imagined. Add it to my morning Java. :grin:

Blessings…

:cowboy_hat_face::chile:

2 Likes

Wow! Those are some snow covered buds. :smiley: :+1:

3 Likes

Yeah you can make hard candies with oil too. Just gotta use lecithin to emulsify just like with the gummies, and probably best to use corn syrup solids in place of liquid corn syrup so the candies are less likely to sweat at room temp which they’re prone to doing with the coconut oil in em

3 Likes

Ahhh! Good information. Can you find corn syrup solids in the grocery store? Thanks!

Blessings…

2 Likes

Wow @BarefootAndBlazed your grow and edibles are freaking ON POINT :point_right::fire::v:

Lookin’ good! Keep up the amazing work! :heart:

2 Likes

I’ve never seen em, I’d probably just order online. Amazon or something. Just found out about that trick recently, I’d never heard of corn syrup solids before that. Sorry @BarefootAndBlazed for sidetracking the thread

2 Likes

Nor have I. Probably easy to find online. Thanks!

2 Likes

A few updates… We’ll start with the bad:
To deal with excess humidity I was leaving the flower tent door open during the day. There were a few occasions where I didn’t get it closed until after lights-out and that caused some herm issues. The four plants near harvest were unaffected, but some of the next crop (1 Orange Goji, 4 Gelato Hashplant) that had been under 12/12 for 4 weeks had problems. I feared I would need to trash them all. In the end only one ended up in the bin, but the others lost significant branches since I didn’t want to take any chances. I won’t get anywhere close to what I expected but I salvaged enough to prevent any gaps in supply.

I harvested one GG4 x Black Domina plant last weekend. It hung whole all week until I trimmed the fan leaves Friday. It was dry enough for me to trim today:

I chopped the Purple Poison Cookies this weekend and plan to trim it next weekend.

I’ll need to make some infrastructure changes soon to help with smell and humidity. If anyone has good advice for exhaust ventilation from a basement, feel free to add a comment to the thread I started here.

19 Likes

Nice haul my friend

2 Likes

Can you pipe it into a sewer line?

1 Like

Nice chocolate skill

2 Likes

Two weeks? Dang!

I harvested Purple Poison Cookies, GG4 x Black Domina, and Gelato Hashplant. The GHP was the one that was all colas, seven of them to be exact. I trimmed that one tonight and couldn’t help but take too many pictures.

Pre-trim

Fan leaves removed

Trimmed

My girlfriend has a magnification device with LED lights she uses for cross-stitching. Since she wasn’t around yesterday I used it for trimming. It worked really well! Some pics through that lens:

20 Likes

On 4/20 I started a new project by popping a pack of Bodhi Cobra Lips. 7 out of 11 came up without intervention. One definitely didn’t make it. I adjusted the remaining three today to see if we can get them to sprout. The goal is to find a nice mom to clone.

It feels good to put some of the seeds I have amassed to use!!!

10 Likes

I committed herbicide.

My veg tent was out of control. I had too many plants and they were demanding too much of my time. I had a crappy batch of soil (could have been that my measurements were off, but I also used a generic peat from a farm store that I’d rather blame) and the plants weren’t happy. That allowed the mite population to thrive, so drastic measures were needed.

I took cuttings so I could more easily clean and preserve the genetics, then trashed almost all of the plants in veg and bleached everything. I also cleaned out my Octopots so I can get back to once per week watering.

Currently I have two Octopots with young Red Headed Stranger plants (Tom Hill’s Haze x William’s Wonder), 3 one-gallon pots (RHS, BC Mango, Genius 13), and those seven Cobra Lips seedlings

I also started three Mephisto autos: Creme De La Chem, Double Grape, and Walter White. They have sprouted in Solo cups and will eventually go into Octopots. Some fast growing plants will ensure I have no gap in harvests. Last time I grew Walter White it was 73 days from seed to harvest and I got 5oz off one plant!

My flower tent has three Gelato Hashplant and one Orange Goji a couple weeks from harvest. Those all lost branches due to a light leak herm issue, but what remains will produce nice flowers. I have 5 other plants that have only been under 12/12 a few weeks. They suffered from the crappy soil mix but should be OK in the end. There are a few strains I’ve never flowered before: PuTang, Chemdog, The New, plus more GelatoHP and Orange Goji.

This week I received a TON of Jordan Of The Islands strains in seed form. Look for an appearance by those in the future!

16 Likes

That was some amazing bud your labor of love produced. Now they can return the :green_heart:!

4 Likes

Whoa @BarefootAndBlazed! Those forearm buds remind me of Sativas from the 70s. Great work! RESPECT brother.

4 Likes

It feels like I’ve been neglecting this thread, but there hasn’t been a whole lot to report. After purging the veg tent and harvesting a few from flower it’s taking a bit for things to get back up to speed.

Autoflowers: I was surprised but the Creme De La Chem seedling damped off and died. I guess I can still claim 100% germination rate on all the Mephisto beans I’ve planted, but it’s too bad that one didn’t mature. The Double Grape is twice the size of the Walter White but they’re both looking healthy and happy in their Octopots at 3 weeks old.

MISC: I chopped some Orange Goji and Gelato Hashplant which will hang whole until trimming time next weekend, plus I made two kinds of edibles: chocolate chip cookies and strawberry gummies. These gummies didn’t turn out as nicely as the last batch I made (lemon). They were sweating for days - even sitting under a ceiling fan on high for 48 hours - and they were still wet. I tried a dusting of corn starch with no success. These gummies will only work if kept refrigerated… Oh well, at least they are still effective.

Orange Goji: I’ve had a bad run getting cuttings to root. I did OK going directly into my soil mix, but that bad batch tanked my success rate. I started cloning in “water only”, which was just so-so, but did produce this Orange Goji that I planted into an Octopot once it had enough roots. It usually takes a 2 to 2.5 weeks for the roots to grow down through the column of soil and reach the nutrient reservoir. After a bit, I started photographing it daily to show the difference in growth once the roots grow low enough to drink.
11 days since transplanting to the Octopot:

15 days

17 days

19 days

21 days (today)

So that leads me to the big news: I’m setting up an EZ Clone machine today. I actually bought this cloner over a year ago as used from the local hydro store, but had never scrubbed it or acquired the additional parts I needed until now. It has 30 sites (5x6) and 17 spray nozzles. I’m filling it with 75% RO water and 25% tap, adjusted for pH. I picked up Clonex gel and nutrients. I’ll be pleased if I get half the performance I’ve read about from this type of device.

I needed to get this cloner going because of the timing with my pheno hunt. All 7 of the Bodhi Cobra Lips seedlings are remarkably similar. None are showing sex yet, but it’s time to top them and take clones. Besides the Cobra Lips and Orange Goji, the veg tent also contains a Red Headed Stranger, Genius 13, and BC Mango that all need cloned.

10 Likes

That’s crazy growth once they hit the rez!

2 Likes

I’m a fan, I have a ‘9 holer’.
Watch the power cord exit for dribbley leaks… I fiddled with it for a week, hanging the cord higher so the drips wouldn’t happen etc.
Finally I figured it out, twiddle with the spray heads so the blind spots line up with the cord exit, problem solved… :crazy_face:

Also, the company is great!
I had a ‘duff’ pump & my local guy (that sold it to me) wouldn’t do anything. So finally, I called them direct and they send out new pump… from the US to Canada… No hassles!! :exploding_head:

I haven’t lost a clone yet.

If you get bored, check out their Pro cloner rack.
Some nice engineering in that.

Cheers
G

5 Likes