BarefootAndBlazed 2023

You’re the perfect combination of great grower and photographer Arriba|nullxnull, those fading colours are amazing… beer3|nullxnull

4 Likes

Watching intently, man! Ole @BeagleZ got a nice pheno from Saints Crossing recently. Tasted very limey! It was so nice I picked up a pack during my last seed grab. Good luck homie!

5 Likes

Thank you all for the very kind words. I just try to stay out of the plant’s way :innocent:

The flower tent is at day 68. My last Lemon Wookie V2 was chopped on day 74 and still had a ton of new white pistils. I think we’re on pace for the same this time around. The two Consumption x Chocolate Thai were taken in sections between days 65-75 last time but this crop seems a bit behind. Still plenty of new pistils, which wasn’t the case when I grew them from seed. I thought I could spread out the harvest but they might all come ready at the same time. That will mess with the humidity levels in my drying space and provide a LOT to trim all at once. I guess I know what I’ll be doing the first half of November! :rofl:

The Saints Crossing seeds were planted September 4th then transplanted into the Octopot on October 7th. I tried a stem rub but it’s just a vegetal matter smell at this point.

As a reminder, Saints Crossing is from Bodhi. It is a cross of St. Stephen (fka Stevie Wonder) and his 88G13HP stud. St. Stephen is a mix of Bubba Kush x Blueberry x Trainwreck x Sensi Star. I’ve grown Blueberry and Trainwreck before, and have a pack of Sensi Star (from JOTI) to run someday, but have no experience growing Bubba. I once smoked a Bubba cross which left a very nice impression. It will be interesting to see what comes of these three. They already have significant differences. I’ve got my eye on #1 with the wide-lobed leaves.

9 Likes

I had access to that Stevie Wonder for a little bit like nine years ago, it was very good weed. Super-gooey nugs and a really great, happy, pleasant, positive high with no lethargic comedown, either, which is important to me. I never think of it as being one of my favorite Bodhi strains (probably because I didn’t grow it), but it’s definitely up there on the list. I’m stoked to see how that cross turns out for you. Plants look good, anyway haha.

5 Likes

Wow! Almost a month since my last post!

It took a hair over two weeks to trim that last harvest. I got 11oz from the Lemon Wookie V2. Only 7 & 9oz from the two Consumption x Chocolate Thai which is probably half of what it should have been. I threw out many ounces due to bud rot. The thickest tops were all affected. My drying situation was less than ideal - I didn’t have a good plan for drying so much plant material at once. If only I had staggered the harvest better… Oh well. It’s still way more weed than I need.

Consumption x Chocolate Thai (you can kind of see the 266g reading on the scale)

Today I reset the flower tent and moved in two Octopots with Saints Crossing plants. Special guest appearance by Boo the cat!

Here they were in the veg tent yesterday. I posted these in the Bodhi thread

HUGE fan leaves!!!

The cloner has cuts of the three Saints Crossing girls, plus my two Blueberry phenos and Cavity Crush.

15 Likes

Oh, fuck that, then! Those plants suck!

Just kidding. That’s a LOT of weed. Have you sampled that Chocolate Thai cross yet? How’re you liking it? I got some straight Chocolate Thai once, although who knows if it was legit? I liked it, had a pretty “dreamy but functional” high haha.

4 Likes

I just trimmed my first round from clones, but I’ve been puffing on the initial batch from seed for a while. I’m liking it a lot! It has been my go-to since I first sampled it. It’s the one I reach for first before the 20+ other options I have available

Both phenotypes possess strong potency. The Chocolate Thai leaner smells more like coffee than chocolate to me, but it’s a really pleasing aroma. The buzz is more spacey and in your head. The Consumption leaner is more “indica” in effects and smells of burnt earth with faint citrus notes.

10 Likes

There hasn’t been much happening of note in the garden, though I got a bunch done today.

Saints Crossing are 4 weeks into flower and starting to stack.
Pic from 10 days ago

My moms were looking pretty ratty so I cloned everything and started them anew. At present I have 3 phenotypes of Saints Crossing, 2 of Pure Blueberry, Cavity Crush, and Lemon Wookie V2.

I took multiple cuttings of each so I have extras I will give away locally. I thought about starting some in Octopots but the timing isn’t right… so instead I started new seeds! :sweat_smile: I put down a couple of @BIGJ 's Sundae Smash (fems) and some of the Chem91 x Sour Bubble from Tony Green. 2023 doesn’t have much time left, but I’m looking forward to what 2024 shall bring!

12 Likes

Oh boy. I’ll be watching, haven’t passed many of those around. Be nice to see them grown out. Lol. Mendo purps wreck (Humboldt) x ice cream cake #5.(@TestOfOath ) :+1::+1::v:

2 Likes

This was the last tester of sundae smash I grew , she turned out really good , she leaned towards icc, color and bud structure and oh boy did she have a phenomenal buzz. she definitely packed a punch. 45 min of lala land, staring off into space , wandering into a room and not knowing why… forgetful dumbfounded :joy::rofl: eventually gain your bearings back and enjoy a nice stone . My brother in law has grown it twice and not been quite as potent but I attribute that to the weak lights he (200 watts ) has and the fact he was using hanging baskets for pots​:joy::rofl:. I hope you find a nice icc leaner like in the pick my friend, :+1::+1::v:

8 Likes

Thanks for popping in and sharing the info! I acquired the Sundae Smash as part of a trade last year and the timing is finally right to give her a shot.

4 Likes

No problem. Hopefully you find a good one. I plan to work it a bit later when I get free from some current projects .maybe some f2 -f3’s. Happy growing my friend any questions give me a shout. :+1::+1::v:

1 Like

Have you tried this yet? Interested to see what you think, I think I’ve only read one report on that one. Beautiful & very happy looking plants as well!

3 Likes

This is my first time around with Saints Crossing. I have three girls grown from seed. Two are in Octopots in flower, but one is still in a 3 gallon pot in veg and destined for my friend’s tent. She had some life stuff so I’ve been holding on to it while things settle. I just rooted cuttings of all three as mothers in case one is a standout.

4 Likes

Unfortunately, the two Sundae Smash seeds did not sprout… but fortunately I have more! Planted two more tonight. I was 3 for 4 with Chem91 x Sour Bubble. The new moms are in the background in 1 gallon fabric pots.

Here are a bunch of Saints Crossing pics at 4 weeks of 12/12

Gotta throw in a cat pic

This one is showing purple and has a berry smell

15 Likes

Looking beautiful in there @BarefootAndBlazed

2 Likes

I need to prep my camera for holiday pictures of family instead of cannabis plants, but figured I should take some snaps of the Saints Crossing plants while I still had the macro lens attached. This is Day 40 from flip.

15 Likes

Gorgeous pictures. Serious gardening setup. Is this what happens when you get bit by the growing bug? Better warn my wife now. :rofl:

Amazing. Merry Christmas!

3 Likes

Thank you for the kind words.

I started growing a few years back when my state went medical. I checked out a few forums around that time and this place felt like home. Seeing the success of Octopots and the forward growing nutrient plan pioneered by @Jetdro, @ifish, etc., set me down this path. COVID quarantine allowed me plenty of time to spend with the plants, and the gardening bug bit hard! I let my seed acquisitions get out of hand, so now I’m trying to work through all I have before spending money on more.

I sent leaf snips to the lab last week. With crazy holiday shipping I figure they will receive the samples next week. I should hear back how many of the three Chem91 x Sour Bubble are girls by the end of the week or just after the New Year.

A few of the Saints Crossing from earlier this week

15 Likes

New year, new thread

1 Like