Patiomat Basement Grow Log - 2x4 Perpetual

Hey Og,

Long, long, long time lurker here. Been meaning to share, for a bit now, but only finally kicking shit into gear. I was introduced to this plant in 2008 in the NW suburbs of Chicago at the age of 20. It has been a huge part of my life since, in lieu of loads of beasters, mids, and a sprinkling of kind bud from the few hippies I was wise to friend. (Orange Crush, Chem 91 / Chem D, Black Domina, Hawgs Breath, to name a few). I can finally realize my dream of cultivating all the strains (or similar to) I have lost hours upon hours of thought to. Here we go.

I am running two 2x4 flowering tents in 1/2g or 1 g pots in a perpetual grow with a veg area and I am just now getting results that I am really happy with. Currently operating in female pheno hunt mode; looking for smell, taste and potency; pressing flower to rosin and saving some tops to smoke and vape.

Currently have two 2x4 tents in flower mode, loaded with:

(F22)

Banana Kush F10 - Jaws

Fruity Pebbles OG F4 - Jaws

2x Weave Match - Cannarado

Mango OG - Clone Only - Ben something or other on strainly

A Complete MONSTER Ass x Miles Ahead - Bad Dawg Freebie

DLA4 #7 Clone - Bodhi

(F12)

2x Skunk Mug - El Aleph

2x Lilac Diesel - Ethos

2x Tres Star Dawg x Runaway Bribe - Bad Dawg Freebie

Giesel Bx1 - Giesel x Bluperskunk - Riot Seeds

Blue Destroyer - Goat and Monkey

Just flowered out and cured a pack of Bodhi DLA4 (Deep Alchemy 4) and am ready to provide a smoke / rosin report. I am super stoked on a couple of the female phenos.

#1: A bit moth balls and pepper funk, sweetness on the back end. The nose doesn’t really translate into the flavor. Mostly off-sweet taste. 7/10 potency, leaning toward calming high. Culled.

#2: Slightly off orange flavored and some deep earthy notes. 6/10 potency, not smooth smoke. Smell didn’t translate to taste. Culled.

#3: Rank. funk, garlic, pepper, onion, foot funk, Extremely pungent. Smooth, barely sweet flavor accented by all the rankness mentioned above. 8/10 potency. Keeper. Skunkoid looks

#5: Sweet Berry with some backend toejam. Very loud. Flavor only translates half way to the taste profile. 8/10 potency. Great structure. Amazed that #3 and #5 are from the same pack. Likely Keeper.

#6: Pretty bland, just a mild berry like smell that doesn’t translate to taste. 6/10 potency. Culled.

#7: Sour smell for the first two weeks of cure that went away. Smells of feint citrus sour and slight sugar sweet. 8/10 potency.

I will update the log each weekend and I am excited to share my findings with the community.

• Patiomat

*edited for duplicate text submitted at 2AM

23 Likes

Hey Patiomat, Welcome back!
Your set up looks nice. I do a perpetual myself, cycling in a few plant at a time, to the 3 small flowering areas.
I ran in tents for many years and still have one.
But last year, I just needed a change, and got tired of crawling in and out of my tents.
I joined team Panda film, and simply made walls, and hung them, to be light tight.

You have a very decent list of genetics, and I’m also running Jaws FruityPebbles OG F4 I got as a freebi, from buying Jaws Hawaiian Bud. The pair of FPOG F4’s 1 is a small squat plant, bulky, but wee.
The sister to her, is a BEAST of a plant. Stout, very hardy, close to their culling, maybe 3-4 weeks out.
I love his work.
The HB’s, are delicious looking as well!
All the best to your endeavors!!
I spent 5-6 years in the Chicago area, getting out there in 1977, living in Blue Island and then in Westmont. Once my kids were born, my wife at the time, wanted to bring them back here to PA, as she felt it safer here, whatever that means.
I’m more of a believer, living life is dangerous, anywhere you are. Hell it’s a life sentence, and no one gets out alive. Live it where ever you are!!
Take care, webe

4 Likes

@PatioMat welcome out of the shadows my friend. Very nice, very detailed intro :facepunch:t2: and you had me at the first two @JAWS strains! I currently have some FPOG and Legion OG in Veg, I have Soylent green and Blackberry Soda in flower (in fact both are very close to finished ) and he is also a very good friend of mine and one I call my brother, he has talent, an eye for good match ups and is skilled as a grower as well, plus he’s been doing this a LONG time like myself. I’m down for the show here and have hit watching so I’ll be around your thread 100% again welcome (kind of) and I’m looking forward to the show :v:t3:

4 Likes

@webeblzr theres a few others as well as myself running FPOG right now. Will be very cool to see the expressions everyone gets as well as the unique phenos and the styles of the growers and their mediums. I’m gonna make an FPOG thread.

3 Likes

Alright. Done Jaws Fruity Pebbles OG

3 Likes

I’m have had my eye on Soylent Green for a while now… I bet a hell of a male could be found there. If you’ve got a log, I will find it for that one! I will post up some results on the FPOG thread you created.

3 Likes

NW Suburbs are pretty safe and cost of living is decent. This is home.

I foresee joining team Panda after this round of tent zippers decide to fail. I can’t wait to have an actual flowering room that I can walk around in. My 2x4’s are elevated about 2’ above the ground, which was a huge difference, and I am not even old and sore yet!

2 Likes

Welcome back!

1 Like

Howdy! I enjoyed reading your smoke report, excited to see the progression of these plants amigo. Best of luck.

2 Likes

Yo OG,

Weekly check in on the Patiomat Perpetual. In breaking news, one of the El Aleph Skunk Mugs decided genetically to be male and thus curse himself to the bin. Aside from that, everything else is chugging along.

Veg:

10/12 on a pack of capulator Mac & Cheese in the dome

3 CSI Lemon Party S1 (One is a runt)

2 CSI Chem D S1

3 CSI Chem 91 Fallen Soldiers

& Clones

Flower:

ASS x Miles Ahead (Bad Dawg Freebie @GLG) is taking over the tent. Smelly funky sweet

Mango OG (Clone) - Frosting up nicely for only day 27!

FPOG F4 (Jaws) - Is starting to smell like juicy fruit gum already

Banana OG F10 (Jaws) - Smelling a bit like sweet artificial banana flavors

Blue Destroyer (Goat and Monkey) - This hybrid is Blue Dream x (TK x Chem D) and the Chem D aromas are already in full display. Foot funk and week old dirty gym clothes

Hope all is well in OG gardens across the lands.

-PatioMat

12 Likes

Lots of epicness in there! Looking forward to all of these!

1 Like

Had a little seedbank race this week. GLG vs CSI. Sent out money via USPS priority mail from Northern Illinois for both on Friday 6/23. CSI arrived Thursday 6/29 and hooked it up:

@Great_lakes_Genetics arrived on Friday 6/30 just bursting with freebies. Jeff also offered to replace a pack of Snuggle Funk that went 2/11!

Super pumped to look through the High Lonesome Appy hybrids!

Yes that is an upcoming pheno hunt of Cheetos F2.

Any notes on what to look for @santero ?

5 Likes

Happy 4th, fellow Americans,

Today in the garden:

My first encounter with thrips continues.

About 2-3 months ago, I must have dragged in thrips from somewhere (my job is out in the field and brush somedays) Before flowering each of my tents, I treated with micro-nized sulfur and a week of Homemade Lost Coast Plant Therapy . All looked well. Until I noticed thrips in my veg about ten days ago. Certain plants were isolated and the whole veg resumed heavy IPM. However, all my tents are in the same room, and as pathetic as thrips are, they certainly can find away to hang around. The must have been in the soil somewhat, but I also found a Ficus in a room over with a decent population.

Also, my clone area showed some spider mite issues the last two weeks or so (most likely from an infested yew bush growing near my living room window). A few were spotted in the north tent this week. Leaves were plucked.

SO, I am torn between treating my flowering areas at D35 & D25 with homemade lost coast plant therapy or just riding it out. I am leaning in towards treating, as I plan to stay perpetual.

Any suggestions welcome, OG!

On to the show:

South Tent
(Front: Weave Match #1, FPOG F4; Back: Banana Kush F10, Mango OG, ENTIRE HALF OF TENT ASS x Miles Ahead)

Ass x Miles Ahead - D35

Banana Kush F10 - D35

FPOG F4 - D35

Mango OG - D35

North Tent
(Front: DLA4 #7 Clone, Blue Destroyer, Weave Match #2, Tres Dawg X Run Away Bride; Back: Skunk Mug, Giesel Bx1, Lilac Diesel #1, Lilac Diesel #2)

Weave Match #2 - D25

Blue Destroyer - D25

Veg

On to my tacos and beers, bowls and bongs.

Cheers!

9 Likes

Weekly update in the underground garden:

Firstly, the thrips are pathetic against my healthy, strong plants. Only two of my group are really attracting the few i have seen, Weave Match and FPOG. Everyone is too loaded with silica to be an easy meal. Also, to my delight, I may have misdiagnosed mites! I havent gotten a visual yet and no further leaf symptoms. Ass x Miles is probably suffering from some bounded roots, but should hopefully make it without too much drama. The breeders blessed me with some hella healthy plants this round.

South Tent F41 everything on 7” risers (front is Weave Match #2, FPOG l, back is Banana Kush and Mango OG) except that beast on the right, a freebie stunner (ASS x Miles Ahead) from @greatlakesgenetics

North Tent F31 Three on the right on risers ( Weave Match, DLA4 Clone, Tres Dawg x Run Away Bride) on the left front is Goat and Monkey Blue Destroyer, back row is Lilac D #2, Giesel Bx1, Lilac D #1 and Skunk Mug

ASS x Miles Ahead which is less hungry than the FPOG and appears to be yielding three times as much!

FPOG

Weave Match #2

Banana Kush

Mango OG

Very pretty, almost symmetrical calyx formation on this Giesel BX1

East Tent F1 (in no order, CSI Chem D S1x2, Lemon Party S1x2, Chem 91 Fallen Soldiers x3, Clones: Chem 4, Bruce Banner #3, NYSD (somas?) Tropical Runtz)

Heres to peace. Heres to love. Let’s let this herb heal every stressor modern society forces upon us.

12 Likes

Nice lineup man! Great reports on DLA4 - have seen some great examples of that one. The kashmir is well regarded and heard it’s relatively dominant which is nice vs the g13hp.
Cool to see the lemon party s1s, looking forward to trying those out… csi’s description makes them seem super pungent.

1 Like

Everything looks great!

1 Like

I would love to try other lines with the Kashmir 22 in it. I researched to try and figure out more info on the region from which this was sourced, but all I found was a line called Azad. I am guessing Bodhi simply made a selection from his pop of those beans.

I have only grown two of the G13hp hybrids (this and Snuggle Funk), and in both, it seemed the G13hp was taking the back seat on the flavor and smell department. The Snuggle Funk I am just getting into now. From my experience with Black Domina and it’s hybrids, the mother definitely is shining through nicely. The flowers have a lovely front end funk with a solid black pepper back with notes of alliums. The flower rosin bypasses the funky bits and really captures the peppery flavors! Really delicious stuff!

4 Likes

Nice to hear on the snugglefunks! I want to try an OG x g13hp soon as those crosses are well regarded. Yea bodhi selected a male and female from the kashmir line… 22 was the female. Havent tried anything with it quite yet, i think he describes the aromas as 3ps - pine, pickles, pink bubblegum.

2 Likes

Damn, I love Cannabis

2 Likes

My current grow is CSI beans. Lemon party s1, mendo purp×katsu bubba Kush and sour diesel×warhead. The SD cross out of 2 1 had a defect/mutation but I’m flowering anyways. The rest are nice very plants any issue was on my part so far I’ve been happy with the CSI gear.