BarefootAndBlazed 2023

Howdy! Thanks for stopping by! Those are curtain hooks. Cheap and effective!

Push the pointy part up and into the fabric bag, near the top. The hook will remain on the outside where you can attach your plant restraints. I like to use the garden wire with soft rubber exterior.

Good luck with your Octopot grow! I sure love mine.

I started trimming the NL x Super Skunk this evening. That project might consume most of my free time between now and my flight on Saturday!

And I smoked some of my Cavity Crush recently. It is very nice herb if you don’t have plans :laughing: I was couchlocked.

13 Likes

Thank you!! Much appreciated!

I’m really excited to see how things go. my seedlings are almost 2 weeks old since they were planted. Im prepping for what i need in veg while im waiting for their roots to hit the res. :slight_smile:

That cavity kush looks delicious! :drooling_face:

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up on this journal, excited to see how the Choc Thai x consumption turns out

3 Likes

Not a ton to report but it has been a while so here is an update.
I went to Denver last weekend and had a blast. We went to Meow Wolf and saw a concert at Red Rocks. I go to TONS of concerts, easily over 1000 in my lifetime, but had never been to Red Rocks which is arguably the greatest music venue on the planet. It lived up to the hype! It’s quite an experience driving up into the mountains, then hiking a significant distance at elevation (over 6000’ above sea level) into the venue.
View from the Upper South lot (I’d hate to walk from the lower lots!), looking at the venue.

Facing the stage. You have a great view of Denver looking to the right, especially at night. Jason Bonham (a drummer and son of Led Zeppelin drummer Jon Bonham) was the opener with a set of LZ tunes to honor his dad. He had a talented band and it was fun to hear those classics.

Looking back from my seat in row 21. There are 70 rows with a total capacity around 9000.

The headliner was Gov’t Mule, a blues rock band. They spun out of the Allman Brothers Band in the mid-1990s. I’ve been seeing them since 1997, but this summer they are doing “The Dark Side of the Mule”. They start with a half dozen Mule tunes, then play a bunch of Pink Floyd songs. For the Floyd material they are joined by multi-instrumentalist and singer Jackie Greene, legendary saxophonist Ron Holloway, and two backup singers. The latter added their voices to many tunes, but became one the show highlights for their solos in The Great Gig In The Sky. The band also brought a tremendous light show complete with a laser array. They lit up the the rock walls of the venue. It was a real feast for the eyes!

Here is someone else’s video from the show. Skip to 1 minute in for the lasers.
https://youtu.be/dLBtoGjMPQQ

Meow Wolf is an artist collective from Santa Fe. They have several immersive installations now. Denver was the third after the original and Las Vegas, and another recently opened in the DFW, TX area. It is a very psychedelic experience. I would love to go back with a headful of shrooms or LSD! Words fail to capture the experience and I’m not sure pics can even do it justice. Everywhere you look is something fascinating. There are secret corridors, plus a storyline to follow. We spent hours there!

But who likes looking at someone else’s vacation pictures? You’re here for the weed, right? :smiley:
Not a lot has changed. The plants did fine unattended for 72 hours. I moved the next three plants into the flower tent upon my return. The two Consumption x Chocolate Thai are filling out. The lanky one will form nice golf ball buds instead of large colas, but the other will produce baseball bats! The lanky plant had a bunch of yellow leaves and I’m starting to see some light orange color in the pistils…

But check out these flowers!!

22 Likes

Looks like a blast. Plants look fantasic!

4 Likes

Nice! You have great taste in music! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::metal:

Mule is the shit, and Otiel has been inspiring me for a looong time as a bass player myself. Looks like it was a sweet show!

Edit: im an idiot… otiel never played with GM… but… otiel and friends and the mule did do a tour. And it was awesome. Ha…

4 Likes

You’re in MN, right? I had two 7 year stints living in the Twin Cities. I went to college in St. Paul and stuck around a few years before leaving, but then returned several years later. I saw so many concerts at The Cabooze and First Ave in the 1990s… I’ve seen Oteil in the Allman Brothers, Dead & Co, Tedeschi Trucks Band, and The Peacemakers. He’s so good!!!
When Gov’t Mule’s original bassist, Allen Woody, died in August 2000, the band toured with a rotating cast of bass players. I saw that tour in Nashville with Dave Schools from Widespread Panic on bass (and legendary keyboardist Chuck Leavell who has played with EVERYBODY!). I don’t think Oteil was part of it, but this tour prompted the film Rising Low. Phish bassist, Mike Gordon, was behind the camera and they delved into the world of the low end, interviewing many fantastic bass players. I think it’s on YouTube for free streaming.
Cast includes: Flea, Les Claypool, Mike Gordon, Roger Glover (Deep Purple), Bootsy Collins, Billy Cox (Jimi Hendrix), Jack Bruce (Cream), John Entwistle (The Who), and Phil Lesh (Grateful Dead).

4 Likes

Very cool! Both awesome places and I definitely wondered what it would be like to be on shrooms or Uncle Sid walking around in there. Haha

2 Likes

Yep! I got into the world of the jam music scene in the early 2000s. My former band practically lived at the caboose like 2007ish I think. Sooo many good bands!

3 Likes

I saw him open for The Cult when I was like 15, back in 1991, I think? Gawd, I’m old… haha. I don’t even know why I went to that show (probably just to eat some acid), I wasn’t a fan of the Cult, Bonham or Dangerous Toys (the second act) at all.

Looks like a fun time, though! I’ve never seen a show at Red Rock, but I’ve seen lots of pics; it is for sure a really beautiful venue.

The plants look okay, too haha.

3 Likes

We hit Day 60 for the Consumption x Chocolate Thai which means we get to look at trichome pictures!

The verdict? Let it ride! Not much longer though.

I completely missed what I was trying to capture - easy to do with manual focus on the macro lens, plus hand-holding the camera, not to mention strong fans blowing the subject around :rofl: - but I kinda like this “accidental” image

I snapped a shot of Lemon Wookie V2 at Day 21 since it sits in the front of the tent and was literally in my face while I tried to photograph the Consumption x Chocolate Thai.

It’s hard to make out the double serration of the fan leaves, but that really stands out when you’re looking down at it.

18 Likes

I always love those macro pics :kissing_heart:, never tired of looking at beautiful plant pics, nice job done … beer3|nullxnull

4 Likes

Looking awesome! :drooling_face:

3 Likes

I posted these wider shots of Consumption x Chocolate Thai in the AK Bean Brains thread but figured they should live here too:
Tall and lanky. The yo-yos are working overtime!

Compact with big colas

I got some Saint’s Crossing seeds wet today for my next round of plants. That strain takes one of Bodhi’s oldest crosses, St. Stephen - fka Stevie Wonder - and pairs it with his 88G13HP stud. As Bodhi tells it, “[St. Stephen is] an F1 hybrid of some of my favorite plants I was working with around 2005 in Santa Cruz(Bubba Kush x Blueberry x Trainwreck x Sensi star). The male used is Bodhi’s 88G13HP cut, found from stock from NDNGuy.
Pink bubblegum and eucalyptus, black berry soda, makes you feel like a saint…”.

Sounds like a 9 weeker. I’m guessing these will be the first plants I harvest in 2024.

15 Likes

That Stevie Wonder is very good weed. Or at least the couple batches I got of it in, like, 2014 were. It was good enough for me to text the dude I knew at the dispensary I was going to back then to tell him to hold me another half-ounce, which I rarely did. Very gooey, very positive and happy high. I’m stoked to see how the Saint’s Crossing plants turn out for you.

I miss those days, before the conglomerates took over and you’d search the local dispensary menus online everyday because everybody had the most random one-off type stuff. Back then, pretty much anybody could drop off a pound or two and then you’d never see it again. That Stevie Wonder was there for a week and then it was gone haha.

Those plants look good, too haha.

4 Likes

Wow man! All your plants look great! That JOTI Blueberry looks exceptionally good and right up my alley. I love fruity blueberry scents. I may have to pick some up. The Sour Diesel looks great too!

4 Likes

I like your labeling system!

1 Like

I’m slacking on updates in this thread. I have posted pertinent pics in other threads but let’s catch up, shall we?

I chopped both Consumption x Chocolate Thai plants. #2, the more compact one with the 5 large colas, yielded 10oz, while #1 set my new personal record for biggest harvest with 14oz (400g). It took me 8 days to trim it all between my full time job and other life stuff. I can’t wait to taste it after the cure!

Clearing out those two monsters made plenty of room for the next round in flower: two more Consumption x Chocolate Thai (one clone of each phenotype) and a Lemon Wookie V2 from Bodhi (on the right).

8 days later

I’m trying these green tomato cages I found on Amazon. They “fit” in an Octopot with just a little bending. Hopefully they can withstand the weight of a cannabis plant. I like that it keeps the unit self-contained. No yoyo wires in the way if you need to rotate or move the bases around. They are modular so you can try different shapes and heights…

CxCT #1

CxCT #2

Lemon Wookie V2

I had seen pics of this sort of thing but it’s the first time it has happened in my garden

I have four Saint’s Crossing seedlings. They aren’t the greatest looking at the moment but I think they’ll come around. I’ll wait until next week before sending leaf samples to the lab for sex testing.

20 Likes

Eagerly awaiting the smoke report on those bad bitches!

3 Likes

Nice dog! And the weed looks okay, too… haha. Those are definitely impressive yields. Gotta be the octopots, right? Or a combination of the octopots and the genetics? Either way, yeah, that’s impressive.

That’s happened a few times on some plants I’ve grown, weirds me out every time I see it haha.

3 Likes