BarefootAndBlazed 2023

Trichome check at Day 52 from flip

Blueberry (average harvest date has been around day 60, so it’s close!).

Sour Diesel (11 weeks seems to be the sweet spot, so it still has some time)

This weekend I’ll get my cloner up and running, prep some Octopots for the upcoming seedlings (Consumption x Chocolate Thai), and move the NL5/1 x Super Skunk into the flower tent.

I hope everyone in the US has an enjoyable holiday weekend - and that the folks up north had a great Victoria Day!

13 Likes

so beautiful,have a nice weekend :clap:

2 Likes

Haven’t been posting much, so here is a big update!

I’ve seen a couple of concerts recently. “Here Come The Mummies” was fantastic. I had watched videos, but that doesn’t prepare you for the awesomeness of nine talented musicians playing tight funk grooves with a big horn section… while dressed as the undead.

Quite a different scene for Billy Strings. He plays bluegrass with a great band featuring traditional instrumentation for the genre: mandolin, banjo, fiddle, guitar, and upright bass - no drums. I can’t believe he Sold Out an arena (Chaifetz Arena, part of St. Louis University with a capacity over 10,000!) playing bluegrass, but he deserves it. He’s that good at picking, has a great voice, and hired a top notch band…

But you’re probably here for the herb :grin:

The Super Lemon Haze is fine smoke. I might have a higher opinion of it if I weren’t so enamored with the Lemon Wookie V2 that preceded it. Plus, losing a bunch to bud rot makes me reconsider keeping it around…

I trimmed the Pure Blueberry. Super easy trim job. Buds look great. I should have vegged longer for more yield, but I was running it alongside the Sour Diesel. I finally got the timing down on that one - it only needs two weeks veg time. Any longer and it will grow up into my lights.
Sour Diesel still needs another couple weeks

NL 5/1 x Super Skunk from AK Bean Brains will follow the Sour Diesel

Following that will be two more from AK Bean Brains, both Consumption x Chocolate Thai

I need to get my cloner running this week. Gotta get another Lemon Wookie going at the rate I’m consuming the last harvest!

11 Likes

Nice plants and looks like you saw a couple of great concerts. Bluegrass may not be my jam, but Billy Strings is something else.

3 Likes

As a drummer, I’m compelled to mention that I disagree with this approach haha. No drums? You gotta have drums!

Plants look good, too haha.

4 Likes

And more cowbell.

3 Likes

I’ve topped the Consumption x Chocolate Thai plants and taken cuttings that are now in my cloner. I’ll clean up the lowers and apply LST this weekend. They’ll move into the flower tent a week or two after that.

The NL x Super Skunk is enjoying being the only plant in the flower tent and soaking up all the light!
She has been in there 3.5 weeks at this point. I have averaged harvests around 7.5 weeks with this strain. It’s a nice change from the Sour Diesel I just chopped at day 78.

Sour Diesel is hang drying. I’ll start trimming this weekend. Here is an untrimmed lower bud.

16 Likes

plants looks nice :+1:

2 Likes

Following this thread. I have 8ish consumption x choc thai in my veg tent with 10ish DLA 9 from Bohdi.

Half the Consumption x Choc Thai have a weird varigation. The non variegated plants are thriving though!

3 Likes

I posted this over in the AK Bean Brains thread but wanted to log it here as well.

The Consumption x Chocolate Thai have adapted well to being topped (two weeks ago) and having LST applied (one week ago). Looks like they can go into the flower tent this weekend.

I trimmed Sour Diesel last weekend. The results completely filled an 8oz Grove bag, though I haven’t officially weighed it. You could use it as a pillow! My gf and two guests who stopped by at different times while I was trimming all commented that they could smell the Diesel outside of the house!

NL x Super Skunk is starting to stack nicely. It’s fairly sticky and has a lovely pine with a hint of citrus aroma.

17 Likes

One of the two Consumption x Chocolate Thai is getting bigger than the other.

Also, its leaves have more pronounced serration, so I’m guessing this one favors the Chocolate Thai parent.

NL x Super Skunk now has some color to the pistils

16 Likes

Veg tent:
Recently transplanted two Consumption x Chocolate Thai cuts and a Lemon Wookie V2. Freshly spritzed since their roots have yet to reach the reservoir.

Moms are a little scruffy

Flower tent:
Both Consumption x Chocolate Thai plants have grown, but one considerably more than the other!

NL x Super Skunk - couple more weeks to go. Amazing fresh citrus pine aromas!

16 Likes

ooh, where’s the NL x SuperSkunk from?

3 Likes

AK Bean Brains :grinning: same as the Consumption x Chocolate Thai

Technically, NL5/1 x Super Skunk.

4 Likes

Oh that’s right! I think just the shorter notation threw me off there :sweat_smile:

She looks like a nice mix of the nl5 and super skunk from here :face_with_monocle:

From the 1990 Seed Bank Catalog ^^

3 Likes

I ran that one before, it was some very nice weed, looking forward to a smoke report on that one, looks great! :+1:

3 Likes

It’s Day 53 of 12/12 for the NL x Super Skunk so I broke out the macro lens to check the trichomes. She finishes faster than most everything else I grow, but I’m not seeing any amber yet…

For fun, here is the Consumption x Chocolate Thai at Day 17:

16 Likes

Chop day for the Northern Lights 5x1 Super Skunk @ 64 days from flip.

My two Consumption x Chocolate Thai have settled and are starting to stack at four weeks. Pheno 1 is a giant bush. Pheno 2 looks like it will remain more contained yet still throw baseball bats.

#1 on the left

#1 is more lanky

Full tent, prior to chop.

I’m going to let the two Consumption x Chocolate Thai stretch out and have the tent to themselves for a couple of weeks before moving the next round into flower. That’ll be another pair of the same CxCT phenos, and another Lemon Wookie V2 (Bodhi Seeds).

20 Likes

That NLSS looks pretty yummy. Very nice @BarefootAndBlazed

4 Likes

Hey @BarefootAndBlazed , awesome looking grows!

quick question for you. what are the metal clips/hooks in the side of the sleeve that you are using for lst? i think i know what they are, but cant remember what they are usually used for. genius idea!

ive just started my first grow in octopots and have been thinking about ways to do lst without messing up the sleeve too much. its clear your lst method is definitely working! :laughing:

thanks!

1 Like