Basic everyday shit you can find around the house to add to your plants

I don’t care what way you grow, if you leave kitchen scraps on your grow, you will get bugs.

3 Likes

I’m not sure why anybody would leave raw kitchen scraps around there plants or in there soil. Those things can make great compost or teas but will creat issues of some kind during there decomposition. Now pure coffee grinds that’s different story and ive never had any issue with them attracting anything but earthworms.

4 Likes

Tried 1" of coffee grounds as a mulch layer. Boy that went awry.

1 Like

I normally only use them outdoors, my indoor plants get roots organic and some oily can every once in awhile.

1 Like

What you are doing is not quite the same as just dumping leftover vegetable soup on your plants;) What you are doing is closer to running an organic chemistry lab to produce things with actual nutritional value :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Bookmarked this a while back…i suggest everyone does the same. Fuckin’ gold, right here…

5 Likes

I understand why the urine is good(came up alot when I was looking to see about how turtles would do living in a aeroponics environment ) . But what is the hair good for?

3 Likes

If you have left over rice let it spoil a couple of days add water to it… it’s kind of like a bokashi but it’s a Korean style of farming.

Oh yeah and some coffee grounds… make sure to bury under a layer of soil. Don’t let it sit on top… also try to get some worms so they can eat all that shit up. Any left over vegetables/ fruits NO citrus nothing too acidic… I bury in my garden.

2 Likes

This is from the book, Teaming with Nutrients:
Human hair (N-P-K 18-0-0)
“Wow, talk about a lot of nitrogen! For every 7 pounds of hair, there is around 1 pound of nitrogen. Here is a natural fertilizer that exceeds the normal percentage for organic fertilizers, with a nitrogen content closer to a chemical lawn food. You wont find this bagged and on the market, but you can get it fo free. Hair, fortunately for those of you who still have yours, is not readily soluble and does not readily decay, so the high nitrogen content doesn’t harm the soil food web. In fact, hair is a very slow-release source of nitrogen, lasting 1-2 years.”

5 Likes

Adding coffee grounds into the medium isn’t so much for the slow release nitrogen, as it is for the carbon content the plant needs. With coffee, there’s not a lot of N, but there is a lot of carbon and it should be mixed in, not top dressed.

Urine has been used as a fertilizer for centuries, however, it’s a hot fertilizer and must be diluted 10:1 with water or the nitrogen level will likely kill your plants.

An aspirin disolved in a gallon of water and fed to your plants helps boost their immune response and makes their epidermis thicker and harder to penetrate by insects that feed on plant sap. Aspirin water is similar to willow water and may be used as a rooting agent.

3 Likes

I think we got baited But its worth the meatloaf flavoured pudding comment… my depends is maxing out…casserole…LMAO Lots of good serious info too.

4 Likes

Hair has lots of nitrogen.

1 Like

Dont forget the milk… milk makes the magic happen

1 Like

The vast majority of the carbon a plant uses for growth comes from the CO2 in the air.

2 Likes

Can I use multiple people’s :poop: and second question please after two months of fermenting do I need let it cool before using it as a dry rub for ribs?

3 Likes

Outdoors hair is good to keep deer away from plants

2 Likes

Do you only use one spice when you make any other dish? You can… but variety is the spice of life.

The heat helps the dry rub soak in

2 Likes

Dude…I dont think your lying. I hope your lying. LMFAO!

2 Likes

Look friend if you wanna spend a dollar to save a dime, fermented this and that’s, human hair, piss, milk, dissolved eggshells, blood, whatever, top dressed composted fermented bokashi extract LAB worm tea juice FPJ, feel free. It’s there and it sorta works and in theory it’s cheap?

But it is so, so much easier to just buy a $20 tub of Veg&Bloom

IDK how much your time is worth.

To me it seems like the “esoteric” side of growing is a hobby unto itself. I just like growing great plants and not working very hard to do it. Maybe I don’t get it.

2 Likes