basics of breeding cannabis? Im trying to do a seed run of serious seeds chronic for a local club

I figure I can just put regs in a tent, grow until they drop pollen, and dust every week for 2 weeks

then when they’re done, sift through the bad seeds and sell the good seeds

then with the first line I can find a good specimen and breed until its stable (?)

2 Likes

Well I’m not sure about selling them until you’ve actually worked the line or crossed it to something else. It’s just me but it seems wrong to do a simple open pollination of someone else’s work and sell it, even though that’s how a lot of the seed market works.

If it was me id at least work it a few generations to make it somewhat unique before I’d be ok selling it.

7 Likes

i don’t want to shy you away from your grow/seed idea, but I’d like to let you know that the first pack of seeds i ever purchased was serious seed’s chronic. It was by far the weakest marijuana i had ever grown, but worse than that it was the weakest marijuana I’ve ever smoked. you might want to be sure you have something good before you put in the time and effort to breed with it.

6 Likes

Nah it gets wayyy deeper than that. But sure just to make seeds that will work. So you are talking sibling breeding ? The seeds should be legit long as no intersex occurs.
I would select the best male and cull the rest of the males. Then seperate seeds per female.
Me personally i just take clones off the females and hit the clones after ive flowered out and tested the mother plant.

2 Likes

Yeah, i was hoping to hell somebody said it before me.
Weak ass tea right there.
Smelled of celery tasted a bit sour.
Breeding purposes only cuz its such a big producer. But find something overbearing to throw into it.

You could always get Simones blessings to repro and distribute like I did with his ak47.
Gave me sole explicit rights.
I think alot of it was he didn’t think i had what I said i did.

4 Likes

If your making seeds to sell to the medical community, you really need to make sure your doing some work. Otherwise, do them the favor and point them towards Mark. Less than $1 per seed (when you count freebies he always throws in) for good genetics.

1 Like

Chronic should be a pretty stable strain at this point, so if you make seeds from a random male and female they should be pretty similar to the original seeds.

As far as potency maybe the genetics have changed or something. I knew a guy who had a chronic cut like 15 years ago it made huge football nugs that tasted like grape gum and was pretty potent.

1 Like

It does make huge buds for sure

1 Like

You can find some good stuff with Chronic seeds. I have one selected cut with nice taste. It’s not the tastier one but chronic can be good and not only big.

Like said by mates here, if you want to make good seeds, or at least try to, select a male or 2 and the best female. And then do F2 with those cuts.:wink:

3 Likes