Beans 4 St. Jude

Happy New Year OG! I hope everyone is happy, healthy, and ready to celebrate including another successful year for Beans 4 St. Jude made possible mostly by members’ interest here. So, a big thanks for the platform to share and all those along for the ride that have donated.

Let’s break down some numbers with an end of year recap, and add some new beans to the list…

In 2023, Beans 4 St. Jude

• Sent out 223 packs of seeds, not including freebies, giveaways, donations
  • Raised $3,605 for St. Jude for an average donation of $16.17 per pack

Since starting in late 2021, Beans 4 St. Jude

• Sent out 357 packs of seeds, not including freebies etc.
  • Raised $6,370 for St. Jude for an average donation of $17.84 per pack

I think we can crank it up some more in 2024 also :wink:

Meanwhile, updated seed list… Additions include Irene/T1000 (IT), Gas Stank, and Kush; all crossed with skullcap from Karma Genetics.

For the IT crosses (she is in fact “It”, just killer plants out of this line), you can pick either the open pollination using all plants, the kush leaning (#1), or urkle leaning (#5) selection. Pics a few posts up. All of the plants were nice. The #5 urkle leaning is really nice and dark purple. And the #1 is out of this world, white and purple from all that frost…

Let’s kick off 2024 with a skullcap promo… Stay tuned for a bunch more skullcap crosses with the second pollination tent slated to come down next week, and a promo special near the end of January… But in case you can’t wait, everything listed is still available in the updated list (see post below).

Good vibes all,
LD
Beans 4 St. Jude

22 Likes

I’m going to need that ITSkull1 and KushSkull :skull:

5 Likes

We all need some irene in our lives…

#1 - kush leaning

#5 - urkle leaning

31 Likes

Updated seed list below. We’ve got some more skullcap crosses to add to the list (Peyote Purple, 100k, Don Mega x Red Runtz, Bubblehead, and the good old OG Chem)…

Also introducing the Krazy for Karma February Special starting now through the month of February. The usual, donate $50 for two packs, and get a third pack of your choice free. But wait!! We’ll also throw in a fourth pack of mixed Irene/T1000 x Skullcap to celebrate our friend Karma Genetics’ work in true Krazy for Karma fashion.

Holler with questions or hit me with the donations screenshots. Pending donations and winners from the last biggest donor contest are going out this weekend. Thanks everyone for your support and patience.

Always something new on the horizon…

Next chuck on deck is Dank Dough by Archive, (Gelato 41 x Dosidos) x (Zkittlez x Dosidos), plus always hunting some fems on the side for nice moms… We’ve got some Ghost x Cookies from CSI, a couple Orange Cheddar (Cheese/ChemD x Orange Cookies) from cannarado, Rainbow Driver from archive, some wedding fritter from CSI, a lone casper og from archive, and hoping we get a few obama x runtz from CSI to pop :wink:

Also hoping our kush pollen is still viable in the freezer for a second round of pollinations with some new cuts… The Don Mega Red Runtz, Irene crosses, 100k, should be some fire if still viable. I’ve had frozen pollen work 2 years after collection, but it really starts to drop steadily in viability after 1 year then off a cliff after 2…

15 Likes

Very nice! I’ll try and make a donation later today.

3 Likes

Fuck man. You grow some good looking cannabis, and it’s hard to choose a pack(s)!

DM sent. Donation donated.

With that added Irene/T1000 x skullcap freebie… you can send me whatever! Keep the fire coming

4 Likes

All donations thru 1.21.24 have been packed and mailed, thanks everyone.

For the mixed Irene/T1000 x Skullcap, the freebie is the mixed pack with phenos 3, 4, and 6… My selections were 1 for kush leaning, and 5 for urkle leaning. Everything from the Irene/T1000 was fire, which is why we open pollinated, but the 1 and 5 crosses are kept separate and need to be specifically requested in addition to the mixed freebie if you want those seeds. Just fyi

7 Likes

So many interesting additions, was just trying some of the bubble head x violeta (pictured below, tastes and hits great, zoom in for trichomes), while checking on my og chem x gg4 (looks / smells great) before looking at this post, the og chem x violeta is a great idea

10 Likes

Any pine on the bh x violeta? Bubblehead is super frosty, nice structure, stinky, killer plant, and wanted the violeta to add some color and sweetness to the profile.

The violeta had an awesome sweet grape bubblegum profile on my favorites, but many more with the straight PCK pine that doesn’t hit my palate. We used 3 males for the violeta pollinations, but one was sterile (huge sacks, didn’t drop a spec of pollen) and I’m hoping at least one of the two viable males was that grape bubblegum.

10 Likes

Definitely pine on it but the overall profile is hard to pin down. Has some lavender, mint, with a heavy pine cleaning spray backing. Reminds me a lot of fabulouso brand cleaning spray.

2 Likes

@LouDog420 I thought you said the mental floss seeds were old and might not germinate :joy::laughing:

Was hoping for one, so dropped five… long story short, they all popped fantastically and I’m super stoked on these!

11 Likes

Do you have a journal for those? I have a couple packs I haven’t tried out yet, I’d like to follow along

3 Likes

I do not, but I’ll periodically post pics over in the jtr thread. If I remember, I’ll tag you when I update

3 Likes

Awesome thanks!

2 Likes

What kind of pots are those? Never seen them

3 Likes

They look like 3D printed ones I’ve seen before, cool style for sure.

4 Likes

Yeah very cool

1 Like

Firstcav is correct. I printed some pretty small ones and liked them so much I scaled it up as big as I can go.

4 Likes

Nice, they look like they work great

1 Like

Older but still some life apparently!

Watch for intersex with the floss, I usually give everyone that disclaimer before they get that one as their pick. A full pack was open pollinated for preservation.

Definitely cool pots, and might need to hit you about some more printed flip washers, maybe some good old barter beans for 3d prints :wink:

4 Likes