Beans 4 St. Jude

oh hell yeah , bring the casey back!

i still got a bunch of the SBCJ seeds, i will try popping them all after summer and see what still comes up… they getting quite old by now!

best vibes on these that popped!

4 Likes

I saw that too…
Please bring Casey back for real!!!

1 Like

i really love the spirit of this thread.

4 Likes

I feel you @sardinebags …love the name bud

2 Likes

Violeta f2 grown by a nice fellow

30 Likes

A nice bubblehead x bosscotti :slight_smile:

unfortunatelly this one got stupidcropped lol and now has 2 heads

10 Likes

Still unbelievable flowers brother

hey bro can you elaborate on the violeta?! purple plants are always beautiful, but usually i have a hard time really enjoying them, smoking wise… what them terps on this one like? how many days they go, effect etc :slight_smile: been close a few times to pulling the trigger on them… i think i actually a few seeds of them, but they didnt pop…

2 Likes

I thought I saw this asked already but maybe it was a different thread. Has anyone received their 420 promo beans? Lou had told me he would post here when they went out and I thought I remember him saying some weeks back that he was gonna try to get beans out but I’ve yet to receive anything. Not in any rush but was wondering since it’s been close to 2 months now.

3 Likes

2 months is a bit crazy good things are worth the wait they say

2 Likes

Sorry all, beans haven’t been sent out. I’ve been swamped and have two garbage bags of flowers loaded with beans to shuck. 420 sale brought in a lot more donations than anticipated.

I’ll still post up here when they go out. Thanks for everyone’s patience.

LD

14 Likes

Just harvested some OGChem x Bosscotti and about to chop these Bubblehead x Bosscottis down too… They could def gone another week or two, especially the ogchems… but vacation is vacation :smiley:

so I will try to reveg the lowers by putting these outside and hoping for the best. The bubblehead crosses are really fantastic and dank! all females are potential keepers by the look, we shall see how they smoke! some really nice smells, from chem to sour, onions, chemical thinner, funk

Ogchems not so stinky, and they def a little slower! but overall they stack hard and have huge nugs!
Heres a OGchem x bosscotti!

I will snap some shots of the bbh x boss tonight

thanks LD! ur da man broda! def wanna run some more of these bubblehead ones!

no issues with herms at all on these lines! very stable genetics, they all grew without any major problems, even though I had a shitty start on the 4" starting pots, they bounced back when I repotted them to 1 gal bags, and they stayed mostly happy until the finish line. I only top dressed once in week 2 or 3, and week 6 heavy on the worm castings… they actually came out way better than I expected, and the smoke is looking mighty fire! a+++ cant wait to get my 420 order!

peace!

9 Likes

Thanks for sharing your pics, friends.

The OG Chem hasn’t been the same since LEDs hit. She just grows differently, insane yield but lost some of the extra that made her special. I’ve had the cut since 2014 but considering letting her go cause she’s just not the same under LED compared to HID. Your pic, BigL, demonstrates the issue well, it’s like she ups her biomass under LED but keeps the same amount of resin she would have had with less biomass and just spreads it out thinner.

Photo dump at day 43

Ghost x Forum Cookies from CSI, very clearly ghost and cookie types
GHC 4

GHC 3

GHC 1

GHC 2

Dank Dough from Archive, Gelato x Dosidos/Z… I have a type… I think these males are going to throw down. Hit the DD to some heaters already and intend to make some f2s with a few of the nicer girls
DD 7

DD 11

DD 2

Wedding Cake x Apple Fritter from CSI
WF 2

WF 1

Obama Kush x Ruthless Runtz from CSI
OR 2

OR 3

19 Likes

Other selections

Bubblehead

Don Mega x Red Runtz

Irene x T1000

Peyote Purple

U762

21 Likes

Looks and sounds like smells lean towards the BM. NYCO has wider leaves and the straight orange grapefruit.

Haven’t had a lot of these grown out, so appreciate the run down. When I ran the pack of blueberry muffin from Rebel, I ended up with all males except for one female that was kinda runty, so I never got to experience the flower properly.

9 Likes

Thank you for sharing all the pictures and information… Much appreciated and AMAZING pics

2 Likes

I’m curious about your no edit comment @lambchopedd . Is that something people do?. Like weed isn’t cool as is?

1 Like

amazing work LouD, as always! quality pictures! Cant wait for the new packs! We gonna cure cancer with all these fire broda! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Very interesting observation about the quality difference between LED and HPS with that one clone.

Could it be she doesn’t like as much light? I feel some folks are Blasting their LEDs and I’ve found overall quality can suffer a lot, especially compared to HPS.

Most LEDs will go 1000 ppfd and beyond at the top of the canopy and I think some plants show optimal quality at way lower than that. I run my LEDs at around 70% usually, aiming for something like 700-750ppfd at the top of the canopy. I think this helps some strains, especially oldschool OG and Chem type stuff that maybe doesn’t love a tonne of light, bring the yield and quality more inline HPS (lower yield, higher quality)

Those are just some thoughts. I don’t have a tonne of data to back them up or anything. Just something I’ve noticed over a few grows.

But then again maybe its as you say and she just doesn’t do well under the LED spectrum. Heck I’ve even found big differences in expression in some of my clones from one brand of LED to another.

4 Likes

Yes, I think it’s too much light/intensity/spectrum, some sort of combo of all most likely.

5 Likes