Beans for everyone (Part 3)

IT definitely sucks. I feel really bad eating steak in front of her.

1 Like

Easiest tick extraction is to get a q-tip and petroleum jelly. Dip the qtip in the jelly and swirl the tick. It will back out and die as the jelly suffocates it. Iā€™ve done this many times.

The biggest risk with this method is if they are engorged donā€™t use it. They will spew back in and you will definitely want antibiotics then

2 Likes

That might have just scared me into ditching the flip flops and shorts for boots and pants when I walk the dog. Find them on him once in a while always early on so easy to pluck out, found one on my white shirt not long ago. Not sure if Iā€™m more scared of Lyme disease, no more red meat, or having to pluck one off the balls.

2 Likes

I cut it out, for the most part. :grimacing:
The pharmacist said the same thing only to just use soap. I guess it suffocates it as well.

1 Like

It isnā€™t painless either, but way less pain than cutting the head out.

The things you learn after becoming a surgeon. :rofl:

4 Likes

:joy: I always get the good advice after I took a hammer to everything!

2 Likes

Got ya covered bro :grin::rofl: (check the link, lol, Iā€™m not calling you a grandpa :person_facepalming::joy:)

2 Likes

Are you saying, that I should bury him in a bag, like Grandpa and then put a tree on top of him. LOL

1 Like

I tell ya what, you never know what to expect when you check in at the OG. Balls surgery; didnā€™t see that coming. Sorry about the nads. I hope the antibiotics keep you all cleaned up and you donā€™t pick up any weird nicknamesā€¦ like Ball Bunyan.

4 Likes

Holy shit! What a read! Hod I hate those little bastards! I was hoping they were still inactive but apparently not. The one on your nut would have me in a full blown anxiety attack NO QUESTION. :grimacing:

4 Likes

I have to admit, that I was definitely in a different mind frame while I was digging it out.

5 Likes

Dude, I had a severe case of West Nile virus about 12 years ago. Brain and organs swelling. Insect borne illness are not to be taken lightly.

7 Likes

Yikes, sorry to hear that.

2 Likes

Holy shitā€¦. Sorry to read that @Bert

2 Likes

Just a little heads up to all you Canadians, postage is due to go up on May 6th, so use those stamps up before then.

3 Likes

Bastards !

If you made a donation, please contact me.
Waiting for info from the following,
@Jumbzz @Trae1170 @GrowTheAtlas @HomegrownVABudz @Sailorboy
And anyone else that should be on the list.

3 Likes

Thank you, @Billybob. The beans have made the flight across the pond safely.

13 Likes

Definitely didnā€™t expect to read @THCeed doing impromptu sack surgery but Iā€™m glad it went well. Make a speedy recovery my friend. Cringed so hard reading lol!

1 Like