BeardedMech's Backyard

Is that some kind of rip-stop material? I’d be afraid of a hole expanding.

1 Like

Looks like it’s gonna work well. :+1: lots of space too!

1 Like

It’s a plastic cover with some enforcement mesh in it. It doesn’t inspire confidence. I’m figuring ill get a couple years out of it before I replace it with uv resistant greenhouse plastic.

1 Like

Thursday I started some seeds. We got some broccoli, Pak choy, lettuce mix, and two types of tomatoes. Also popped 5 of the afghani autos @Kasper0909 gave me. So far two of 5 cracked. I’ll check again tomorrow morning and get them in some dirt under the dome.

This is the way I’ve been starting seeds for years.a cheap 60watt grow light and a heat pad. I add in some led shop lights ones things start growing. The shelves get full quick one I up pot them. I’m so psyched for this season. I hope these autos go well. The photos will get started probably early to mid May.

7 Likes

Awesome. Good luck! Thanks for running these. :grin::+1:

2 Likes

Thanks for sending them! Have you or anyone else run these before? So far all but 1 of the 5 cracked. I started getting another just in case. Drooped the other 4 in soil last night And ones already broke through.

2 Likes

Ya a couple ppl are running them. @RainToday and I believe @luxton and @Magu . I have a couple sprouted also.

2 Likes

If you need any more just lemme know. :grin::+1:

1 Like

I have 2 running as well :metal:

5 Likes

Oh haha ya I had your name then was like wait

2 Likes

I had a bomb tomatoe plant last year. Harvested seeds and they’ve all sprouted so hopefully they are the same fruit. If so I’ll be tossing some tomatoe seeds around too.
We need a tomatoes/peppers thread :rofl:

Hardly any water or seeds just straight leathery tomatoe goodness. :yum:
Hopefully I can do them justice this year

5 Likes

I had a couple tomato plants a few years ago, they seemed to like the aquaponics :grin:

This was about a month and a half from seed during a summer of very bad wildfires in 2018 :grin:

5 Likes

looks and sounds tasty! I love growing tomatoes, for whatever reason its just super rewarding. Now that Im growing pot tomatoes are starting to play second fiddle, but i enjoy it all the same. This years garden is gonna be diverse and large this year if all goes according to plan… and it rarely does.

Here’s some of my maters from last year. The long stripped ones are what I sent you. Hopefully you enjoy them.

This first one is of a striped Roman that grew two perfect tomatoes from a single bloom. Typically when a bloom splits like that the fruit is ugly and cracked. Wish I had a pic of when it was ripe.

8 Likes

That tomatoe is huge! :rofl:

3 Likes

Man those plants and tomatoes look amazing. Super excited to get those in the ground. :ok_hand::ok_hand:

3 Likes

Garden update for this weekend… Didn’t get much done. have a killer tooth ache. Have an abscess and an infection in a pre molar with a crown. The post is loose and moving in my skull. I’ve had tooth aches before but this is a different pain. Doc won’t give me pain meds. Says ib proufin is enough. Weed and whiskey for me tonight.

I got to dig around in the garden a bit. Now that things are warming up I figure i would see if my soil was healthy. And I was not disappointed. Turned one spot over and moved things around and came up with a handful of worms. I didn’t add any when I put these beds together last year so that’s a fantastic sign that my soil recipe worked well. It’s been a while since I’ve started from scratch.

One afghani auto broke the surface today. Super excited to see it!

And last but not least. The weed and whiskey makes for poor decision making. Well that’s debatable I guess cuz I just bought this on Amazon on a whim. No idea if it’s any good. Brand sounded familiar, had good reviews,I was/ and drunk and high. Wife will understand right? At least it was cheap. Pretty much plan to use it for starts and veg. Maybe a small scale indoor winter grow? Who knows. I feel things already begining to go off the rails here

4 Likes

I know Amazon is supposed to be an evil company and all but I ordered this thing around 8pm last night and it showed up around 1 this afternoon. Way brighter than the little blurple 60W Fiet light I’ve been using for the past 6 years or so. It has a nice dimming feature and I it’s lowest setting is as bright as the old light. Now I have a larger seed starting area and potential for some indoor small scale fun.

All but one afghani auto is up and out. Last one should come up in a day or two. Man I’m so hyped to see those little tiny leaves!

I somehow found myself browsing seed banks. Eneded up finding a deal and pulled the trigger.
White widow fem x5
Honey cream fast flower x5
Chocolope Auto fem x1
24k gold auto fem x2 freebie
? Auto fem x2 freebie

All for under 60 bucks. I think that’s pretty good? But what do I know.

6 Likes

Like? They look like the l-o-v-e aquaponics those are crazy healthy!

2 Likes

Those Afghani autos look ready to rock.

I get the itch every once in a while to buy seeds, don’t really know why :grin:. So many really good seeds flying around, but fems are more rare and you can’t go wrong with white widow. :+1:

2 Likes

Yeah I wanted fems and some autos to play with. White widow has always been on my bucket list of strains I want to grow. When I was a kid there was a guy in the neighborhood who grew white widow and I’ve been chasing it ever since. The dispensary had it once and it didn’t compare to what I remember getting back then. It was all dry and crumbly. This stuff was sticky and soft but dry. Sweet and piney. I remember such a good energetic high. I had many good times and memories with that stuff.

2 Likes