Best budget quantum boards

Wheels got to turning on led diy builds and I’m looking at a qb setup in the neighborhood of of 1800-2200 total watts. Is there a noticeable difference in yield/quality between lm281b qb288(3500k ir uv) boards and the same color lm301b board?

2 Likes

Look at lm301h too. Ive only used the lm301b boards, otherwise I’d help more

3 Likes

I am testing spider farmer against dimgogo 1000 they both have meanwell drivers and the 3000 and 5000 samsung 301b’s, the spider farmer is pulling 104 watts wile the dimgogo’s are 110-120. Plants cant seem to tell the difference, been about 4 months now

the dimgogo’s were half the price of the spider farmer and came with a pair of sunglasses for leds

as far as diy what i see is it costs more and your useing the bridgelux(less intense leds). Nothing against those building there own.

2 Likes

I’ve looked, but the 281b boards are like $15/ea compared to $45-$60 for the 301b. Both are the same spectrum (3500k + uv + ir) damn, I think I just answered my own question :sweat_smile: a 20 lumen/watt difference isn’t big enough to justify the increased costs. Gonna get 20 of these hoes.:man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Off topic a bit, but my Hikari led headlights got recalled for being too bright!! Lol I got the email tuesday

1 Like