Best c99 out there?

Thanks all, great info. @MBVapester that looks really dank, big too!

4 Likes

Mosca is pretty close to the original - yet Triclouds Pineapple Princess was the best and most diverse and the names deceiving a little being a C88 -99 mix up with a lot of tropical fruit in the very true breeding seeds he released last around four years ago.

4 Likes

The best version you can get is Joey Weed C99. It is F2 of the original Bros Grimm first and original Cinderella.

5 Likes

Wow lots of choices here, great info everyone thanks!

@cannanaut not sure I’ve come across that one in my reading, definitely interesting. Ever ran it?

I think I might have some guava hashplant c99 crosses coming in my near future, so I’ll get to taste that Cindy soon. Still considering grabbing a pack of the pure version and hunting through it too.

2 Likes

Have you grown it out, or are you just giving your impression from grow reports? I have grown out Joey Weed’s version and as much as it was true to description, I wouldn’t say that there was anything special about it. If it’s the best version, then I might as well kill off my PeakSeedsBC version right now to free up space.
It won’t matter who’s you get, you’re still going to have to go through a few plants to find the exceptional individuals if you are going to try to match the legend-level status of original C99. And I know that it is pretty homozygous in traits, but there are still duds. I don’t think you can just say ‘x is the best’ and drop the mic at that point.

Feel free to disagree, but I’ve just grown out too many of what are supposed to be the best version of something to think that you can just pop some seeds in the ground and have exactly what you expect every time.

6 Likes

I agree. Even on mine the one in the pic is the best pheno of the 2 I am growing and lucked into it at 50%. Short on space to hunt in big numbers.

5 Likes

Oh ya, I know I’m not guaranteed a winner regardless of who I get the seeds from.

My plan is to buy a pack or maybe 2 and dig for a champ pheno. Should be alot easier with quality starting stock though!

3 Likes

was gonna recommend that too… hempdepot.ca carries 3-5+ diff C-99’s, either as F2, “IBL” or as hybrids.

5 Likes

was gonna say prolly Bros Grimm myself. Dunno what the new version is like compared the old version, but those guys know their shit pretty well over there tho…
Try hempdepot.ca for C99’s, and C99 hybrids also Beacher. I would consider it as the most concentrated place Ive found for C99’s. Joeyweed has his F2’s there. I think Bros Grimm is there too. As well as there are multiple desirable hybrids containing C99 as well.
Plus hempdepot is a Canadian company,so American funds do go a lot further (if u r a 'Murican?).He sells world-wide as well. I have dealt with him several times. Thats my go-to company for genetics here in Canada. 0 complaints, always quick, discreet and has great service.
As far as C99 growing outdoors. ts quite possible in my opinion. C99’s flowering times are centered around 8 weeks. Ive heard of some 7 week phenos, and Im sure there are some that could go 9+ weeks if wanted.
Being as it is considered a fast flowering plant, I would have little concern about C99 being harvestable outdoors. Now Im just talking out of my ass here, but its known for being a fast flowering plant. in my location in southern Ontario, I would think it would be finished in plenty of time before the shit weather comes and stays. I bet by first week of October, or sooner even if the situation dictates it has to be harvested.
Good luck.

3 Likes

Yea I second that emotion. IMO F2 preserves more genetics because it gives variety if you grow and sex the entire pack. I don’t even mean to breed just cull males and the females will all be cindy’s but will show different phenotypes, then pick the one you want to mother.

4 Likes

Been very happy with Mosca’s version.

2 Likes

@pjay_dubya 's c99 × lemon haze breeding looks interesting dude . If I was you I would hit him up.
Peace V

4 Likes

Sounds like a great combo. I’ve got some c99 x guava hashplants from paintedfire that I’ll be hunting through next when I free up some space!

@SnidleyWhiplash, thats one that keeps coming up in my search, also peakseeds BC. Sounds like they’re both pretty legit.

4 Likes

I’ve grew several c99 over the years and enjoyed a variety of crosses a friend was breeding with C 99 / hippy killer , C99 F3 ,C99/ Santa Maria ,sanfune ( holy princess) . All excellent strains in or out with consistent great smoke !

Thanks for the mention now I want some c99 !

6 Likes

I’ve got some TSI Fly going from Mosca which is a Chimera C4 female with a Cinderella 99 male, and then backcrossing one generation. Looks like it’s going to be delicious at 4 weeks old.

14 Likes
5 Likes

Beautiful plants there with that classic cindy look.

1 Like

just to clarify, i have no breeding or much growing experience at all.

i just have a slh from canuck seeds and two bros grimm apollo 11s vegging outdoors, all feminized. i’m planning on doing a manual cover to induce flowering early because i want to make sure i have extra time to finish flowering outdoors. It high maintenance but I like the idea of having more time to finish.

3 Likes

Thats a good idea @pjay_dubya . You take the cover off after the sun goes down, right? Ive wanted to do this …but it would make my outdoor grow very obvious…

3 Likes

Yes basically it would just need a tarp or something over top from about 5-6 pm until about 9-10 pm around end of July/early August. Then, I just google searched weather records for sunrise and sunset times in my area. So really it would only be high maintenance for less than two months as the days will naturally be 12/12 by mid September.

@MomOnTheRun said she’s done it before so it can be done!

Just from what I’ve read on the new Bros Grimm releases of their old strains, they take a little longer now so while they probably could finished naturally I just want to be in control of the timeline to give a few extra weeks if necessary.

4 Likes