Best c99 out there?

I’ve decided I want to grab some c99 and hopefully find that big winner phenomenon. After reading for days, there are about 40,000 different versions, and of course all are ‘the real deal’ lol

So far I’m leaning towards FDMs version, but can’t seem to really find any completed grow journals. Any Cindy experts out there want to give me some direction?

@Muleskinner, I know you’re a c99 aficionado, I’d love to hear your thoughts too!

12 Likes

I’d try to get your hands on brother grimm c99. That is the original breeder, so his stock is prolly more to what you’re looking for

7 Likes

That’s what I thought, but it seems that this version is a ‘reboot’ not using the original parents. Most people say other versions are actually closer to the real thing than this new Grimm bros.

As with anything in the weed world, who knows if thats true or not lol

5 Likes

https://www.femaleseeds.nl/en/p/c99-305
People rave about the female seeds version of c99. :v:

3 Likes

Ya that one’s on my radar for sure, alot of great reviews!

2 Likes

I hope to grow some C99 soon, I’m holding several packs from FDM, can’t wait to try them, from what I’ve seen in pictures here they look great

10 Likes

I just got my FDM C99 seeds. Can’t wait to pop some in a few weeks. I’ve heard the same about the Brothers Grim version not being the same as orginal.

4 Likes

I really enjoyed the lesser known PeakSeedsBC’s C99 but to be honest it’s the only C99 I’ve tried. It came from Frost Bros which worked the original release to f4. I’ve used it in some of my pollen chucks because it’s quite inbred and it’s homozygous. Last I checked a few years back it was at f7 so it may be futher down the line now.

9 Likes

That one looks really nice, definitely great reviews. How was the plant as far as yield and taste/potency?

@Muleskinner I got the impression you were always running Cindy from this post:

Have you grown many different types?

2 Likes

I have not grown many types of C99 - I grew the strain in the early 2000’s and I’ve been making my own seeds of it. I want to try the FDM because he’s using some of the same original Bros. Grimm genetics from late 90’s-early 2000’s.

I also have a 5-pack of C99 from Relic Seeds, part of Dynasty Seeds, curious to see how those turn out, it was a one-time freebie. hoping to run them & some of the FDM this summer

4 Likes

Oh that’s awesome, I was wondering how you kept having new seeds lol. Do you find they’re consistent across generations?

Id say that Fleur du Mal Seeds Cindy99 is a good choice, if you want something that is or at least very close to the original C99.
From what I hear, it should be possible to find a really good keeper from FDM’s line.
I would go with that, over any fem hack out there!

7 Likes

You’re not the first to give a thumbs up for PeakseedsBC’s version. I’ve got a couple of them going right now, as they were recommended by some others as a good outdoor option if you can believe it, so I’ll report back on that when I finish growing them out.
Any details on how well they took abuse, speed of flowering, smell and taste, and character of high, would be great if you can elaborate a little.

6 Likes

I could see it working outdoor because she is really fast. I can’t say on abuse but it’s a solid 8-9 weeks indoors. Smells of pineapple funk and spice with a potent but functional daytime high. No lethargy or drowsiness associated with the high from her. I personally don’t get any spice from it but I had others tell me it was spicy when I asked what it smelled like.

One thing I really liked was she had a great calyx to leaf ratio and easy to trim. Her only flaw in my eyes was fairly thin stems that need added support but maybe that’s just from my little indoor environment.

5 Likes

Sounds great, and definitely true to the original.

1 Like

Awesome! Thank-you :+1:

3 Likes

I am currently growing the female seeds grapefruit version of the the C99 and is just in the burping phase but really nice looking and smelling for sure.

20 Likes

I’ve heard that Mosca Seeds version is the best seed version around.

7 Likes

Every time I read about C99 it makes me think about all the packs Unigrower sent out from his hippie cross.The label said c99 uni.

5 Likes

I’m running a TSI Fly from mosca which is there C99 male crossed with C4 female. Its almost ready for flower. I’ll let you know how it goes

7 Likes