Best tool to check trichomes?

I have bought multiple jewelers loops and 100x zoom in hand held gadgets just wondering what everyone else uses and is a cheaper alternative ?

Someone mentioned to get a add on attached for iphones since i have iphone 12 max ??

Any help is appreciated

6 Likes

I have a loupe and a 100x usb microscope but oddly enough my Galaxy S7 gives me a really good view to check the trichomes that I like better then the loupe or microscope.

3 Likes

I can see what I need to with a 30x loupe.

Might be old school but I don’t feel like I need anything more than that.

5 Likes

60-100x small scope…can get ultra cheap from Amazon…

6 Likes

Ya i bought multiple diff ones from Amazon seems to me the little hand held ones with led only work for little bit then hard to focus on them after a while and they are not really clear very blurry…

1 Like

That’s normally from touching the lense with sticky fingers, it seems blurry but it 's normally just dirty. Rubbing alcohol will clean it off

9 Likes

Im a neat freak…i clean everything lol…i used peroxide on it hopefully i didnt screw it up…but ya i get ur point…

3 Likes

I have a Galaxy S7. How are you using it for magnification, if you dont mind me asking.

2 Likes

30/60 x loupe still my go to. I have had two of the microscope things.

2 Likes

I’ve got loupes, a handheld scope, and a scope for the camera in my phone, it honestly depends on the day and the plant which one gives you the best view. I guess I’m still hunting the right tool myself, lots of folks are chirping about the USB microscopes available on Amazon though, that’s one I don’t have that I’ll probably get to see if it works any better than what I already use

3 Likes

iPhone 13 pros macro camera

3 Likes

^^game changer

12 Likes

I use a 35x I think it is lol loop. I also use pictures magnified on my laptop.

2 Likes

Still think it is the best option, I cut a small nug to check it with the stand, sometimes you get nasty surprises … :disappointed:

6 Likes

On almost any phone you can use your camera program and zoom in or out to get a good look at trichomes. Using 2 fingers touch the screen, spreading your fingers zooms in, closing them zooms out.

3 Likes

I agree with @anon90741032 's choice but search it on Amazon as their are some that are half the price :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Thanks Oldjoints, I know about that. I just thought maybe he /she was using an app. I don’t find the magnification that clear on my S7 past a certain point.
I’m pretty sure there is scope under the Xmas tree :evergreen_tree: with my name on the box. :wink:

3 Likes

When you are checking the trichomes, it helps to take a sample and put it on a stable surface before you try and image it with the microscope. Sample stability is number one when taking a trichome photo.

15 Likes

@JoeCrowe knows whereof he speaks! :star_struck:

2 Likes

30x Bausch and Lomb lighted

I used this 20 years ago and using it again

5 Likes