Is this a good Loop for looking at trichomes?

I’m wanting to get a cost effective way of looking at the trichs so I can harvest more on point. I see loops are a go to for some. I’m finding 30/60 and sometimes 90x ones. Is the one below a decent one?

Also, do any of you use a cheap usb microscope? I was thinking of getting a cheap usb or wireless microscope …I think you can take pictures with them to.

Thanks for advise!

https://www.amazon.com/JARLINK-Illuminated-Jewelers-Magnifier-Foldable/dp/B078N34WZR/ref=pd_bxgy_d_sccl_2/138-8323102-3701607?pd_rd_w=HUgmu&content-id=amzn1.sym.c51e3ad7-b551-4b1a-b43c-3cf69addb649&pf_rd_p=c51e3ad7-b551-4b1a-b43c-3cf69addb649&pf_rd_r=84JZGBGPESQ67JQKACDB&pd_rd_wg=paPIb&pd_rd_r=19198cfd-9315-463f-87c1-5b7bd8be7a69&pd_rd_i=B078N34WZR&th=1

7 Likes

It will work, I use these lol
The turtle is the old lady’s, got to be 30 years old
Maybe gets up to x30
The other is the front eye site to a 4x9x50 scope that crapped out, it get up to about x40
Approx

7 Likes

I was looking at some a couple days ago and decided to throw a handheld microscope in my cart.

I haven’t bought it yet but I’d say it’s a better alt to a loupe

3 Likes

I’ve had one of those a long time ago…somewhere in a box probably. It was just ok, it was hard to use and focus but perhaps they got better. I thought it would be neat to take a pic if those cheap one do that.

4 Likes

I have a cheap USB microscope. I spent $60 in it a few years back. I can plug it back it and make sure it works and send it to you if you want. I don’t use it anymore. It’s 60x.

5 Likes

Remember, make sure alcohol won’t ruin the lens
Cause your gonna get it gummy eventually
And need to clean it.

2 Likes

This is something like I was thinking about. Are these things even worth it? Besides looking at trichs would they for example help identify fert issues or disease like PM?

https://www.amazon.com/Microscope-Magnification-Inspection-Compatible-Smartphone/dp/B07PVMRZQH/ref=sr_1_1?crid=7AMRNQIA25Z5&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.-wQFdn0GC7loIDn2ojYkY54m7g3mH_QnxLEhm8aZA9gezrK92Z3xp1jNPJ6MjLbHUXQn2vA2Z9rycKDTqA64WWv-grI9Q6dnPDpWhQS6eaMgrbivqUVQDyvDAW8CRYFcyBT-38lagi6zJ9BD0XGTDPcDHMskuMJnE3fD6ZhD5wu2pFWUyXOEnwKrGKXfMubm7Id6g-FKJU0IQxrJ3v7tjFPVghEU69CXbOcfezHn6hk.KsfKqh9MfGqLqav7EflTvN59BOGy1dyDsL2D9ExHcyA&dib_tag=se&keywords=usb+microscope&qid=1722715162&sprefix=usb+microscpe%2Caps%2C135&sr=8-1

7 Likes

They’d definitely help. They do provide good images but I’ve found it can be tough to fit a nug or whatnot under it or to get the proper angle to look at things. I’m glad I had it but I think phone attachment microscopes have come a long way

Mine is almost the same as the Amazon link. The light helps, but definitely be sure to clean the lense.

2 Likes

This is all good info for me because I also need something to check my trichs. I have small loupes that I ordered but they are hard to use.

Phone attachment microscopes you say…hmm Is that how you guys get them dope, pun intended, pics of the tichs? I thought maybe lots of you had some super expensive cameras. I’ve got a samsung A52G …I’ll google to see what they have for it.

1 Like

How would I know this? Are some plastic or something…is this what you’re saying?

Yes, I could see them hard to use for sure being so small. I’m a older guy now and my eyes are not as good as they were.

1 Like

This is what I was using years ago before I stopped growing …but it’s not that good but I do like the wide lens.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00524H8MC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is what i use. At least 60X is an ideal magnification. And @Taproot is right. It’s hard to focus but you get the hang of it.
I would probably NOT get the cheapest $15-20 model though. The light isn’t very bright.

1 Like

i use the same yours has a name mine does not only diff it works well the small lens is a bit useless as you have to have hands of a surgeon to hold it still enough but the bigger glass is all you need if you are getting it from amazon look for one that comes with xtra batteries

I have one of those both wired and wireless. They are cheap and work very well.

https://www.amazon.com/Microscope-Skybasic-Magnification-Compatible-Smartphone/dp/B07DVFBVPF/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_sspa?crid=PD67YS0CI83O&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.dSMKMRHya2Ar0HOlOfzqXxMwuTq02f8jLC4mpgytF114IwEMY7mIR1FouH9bOuVP4U-miKJRPttDvDgo9WoKo9gwlOoub4iNOSOruVnqliZBf5mKliIQGwJm2n8Kn1GjTDGPPI7B93J4DGWeTmwsFY6aPD7GJjqgaQAjvvTwRACIs6TWdvg1GonyAFxuM3cMuAsHIWfyR0oS9Tr9saV4uQ.XvZgl3kgIRj8-BLgKNincWZ-oPH7IURN09ULomAbXlA&dib_tag=se&keywords=wifi+microscope&qid=1722717362&sprefix=wifi%2Caps%2C101&sr=8-1-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9waG9uZV9zZWFyY2hfYXRm&psc=1

This is the one I use for the pics in my journal. I like that I connect my phone to it via WiFi.

2 Likes

That would be very nice.

It’s exquisite. Tell her I said that. I’m going to be in a hunt for my animal loop now, I need one.

3 Likes

It really is a nice feature. I used the wired one for years but had to tote my laptop with me. One thing to note is it can be very difficult maintaining a steady shot when zoomed in so far but if you use something like a tripod to help steady the microscope you can get some amazing close up trichome shots IMO.

5 Likes

https://www.etsy.com/market/animal_magnifier

1 Like