Best way to transport water stealthy?

Hey guys,
I need to carry water to my place unless I redrill the well. To manage this I bought two 30 liter water canisters.

Now, how can I lift these canisters into and out of my car without somebody noticing that I carry liquids or water?

I was thinking to put one canister into a bag? But for a bag 30 liters might be a bit too heavy.

I can’t allow it to attract attention. I need to do it regularly several days in a row. Is there a way to make it more stealthy?

1 Like

Any way to set up a rain catch near your grow?

5 Likes

Maybe you can mount some baskets on a mountain bike and carry the bagged canisters in those. Only problem is that 60 liters of water weighs 60 kilograms.

4 Likes

Which end of the journey requires stealth?

Where you fill, where you empty, or both?

Place plastic tub in a cardboard box, lift from bottom, label up as recycling :wink:

Apart from drinking it? Try using normal water cooler jugs. You can carry them in at night if that’s possible.Fill it with tea instead of water.

I think the more suspicious you act the more suspicious you look, it’s just water… just load and unload as if it were water.

5 Likes

is the car the problem? (i.e. nobody will notice a pickup, but your miata maybe?)

figure out what you’re comfortable lifting & think about time, distance, weather.

if it’s easy, you won’t stress & trip up. if it’s a strain, you’ll lose focus.

i had to load a backpack(real kind) lined with plastic & trek it about a mile in august heat once, and i was drunk AF too. it sucked. plants only got 1/2 watered that day because the truck was MIA.

if there’s a source near by that you can borrow without asking, consider it, but that’s bad karma, unless you’re jacking a golf course. :smiling_imp:

and there’s this stuff called SoilMoist. it’s a crystal powder that becomes gel when hydrated, allowing a gardener to take a vacation safely. works very well when i used it years ago on tomatoes.

http://www.soilmoist.com/products/soil-moist.php

:evergreen_tree:
c.s

get a few of these jugs and fill them up at the grocery store or walmart or something. you won’t look suspicious bringing it to your car. refill at different location each time.

Bruce Lee said, “be the water”.

6 Likes

I plan to do it in the night or in the evening. I will park my car near my entrance of the house and then load the two canisters (8 gallon/ 30 liter) into the car. Then I will drive to the other building and drive close to it and unload the stuff, but listen to if there are some cars around. (Road isnot often used by someone as it is countryside). I will unload the two full canisters and load up two empty ones and then drive back. Filling up the water etc… I will do at day time when I am there and got more time. I don’t want to be around at night time so much and draw any attention.

I know you can act weird if you act paranoid. So I dont want that to happen.
I was thinking about putting them in a cardboard box. I just wondered if the box will be strong enough. Also I dont want any water sloshing around. Because if I carry a box which makes that sounds, would be weird.

Unfortunately the building is not the home, but it has a bath room. So if there are questions, I could tell that I need water for the bathroom there. But what worries me a bit is that if I go there ten days in a row every evening , filling up 60 liters. Somebody might get suspicious about that.

Fixing the well would be cool. But costs a couple grand. And the owner is a bit particular.

are you growing in a rental property? could be risky but i guess gotta do what you gotta do. why can’t you use the water at the building? are you wanting to use RO or something?

Was wondering how much rain you receive in your area? Is it enough to help cut down the needed trips if a rain barrel type system is employed by catching run off from a house or nearby structure? If that’s not an option when it does rain utilize a tarp on the ground that funnels water to your plants camo it by placing debris such as limbs leaves, and tumble weeds( if you have them in your area).

Couldnt resist temptation another day, please excuse my sarcasm…:wink:

Best way to transport water stealthy?

In a cloud no one will look twice, its where rain comes from :joy:

In a hose pipe like most gardeners, no one will look twice.

Sorry just could not resist :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

Drink lots and hold off going the toilet until you get there…:sweat_smile: Be the water.

Love it :wink: @Kalgrae

5 Likes

I’m confused, we talking indoor or outdoor?

2 Likes

let me try again: http://www.soilmoist.com/products/soil-moist.php

it WORKS. (i’m not a salesperson either) :slight_smile:

1 Like

need to find better place to grow.

3 Likes

Have you thought of a rain barrel under a eavestrough down spout?

Find a huge pair of incontinence pants, put em on, fill em with water, walk/stagger to plants and empty. Job done :thumbsup:

4 Likes