Best wishes to the people of Hawaii as Mauna Loa volcano erupts for 1st time in nearly 40 years

Just posting this to send good vibes to the people of Hawaii. Stay safe folks, hoping for minimal damage and no death toll :pray:

20 Likes

:call_me_hand:

No worries braddah :joy:

I’m 70 miles away…for now. :volcano:

:evergreen_tree:

17 Likes

Stay safe! If I wasn’t on here I would not even know it happened :flushed:

4 Likes

50 miles in the direction of @GreenCaciqueHawaii :call_me_hand::sweat_smile: howzit!

14 Likes

Bro stay safe. :v:
On a positive note if it gets any closer it’ll help reduce your heating bill :crazy_face:

2 Likes

OK not to take away from the current situation I have to toss out this. I have never been there, would like to but who knows. During the last couple years the TV providers went crazy and pulled old stuff out to put on since all the new stuff was on hold. For some reason I wondered why I never saw any old re runs of Hawaii 5 OH which I always watched as a kid. Couple month back I went on prime and paid for season one and regardless of what you think about it ( Magarrett took about 6 episodes I think to say “book 'em Danno”) I cant help noticing the lush and open spaces all over that show and wonder how badly its built up and crowded now. I never realized how beautiful the place was and now all I can think of how sad it is that its probably all concrete and asphalt. The panoramic shots in the show are breathtaking to see and make me want to move there but I am sure thats all gone.

4 Likes

Oh hell yeah. Look for photos of “old Hawaii” which would be up to statehood technically I think, 1958.

Thomas Edison visited & took a bunch of photos (maybe early film too?).

And we’re not even kanakas so imagine how the natives feel. It’s a complex subject & it wasn’t exactly a democratic utopia when haoles (“no breath” literally) showed up.

:evergreen_tree::call_me_hand:

4 Likes

We are on Fireeeeee lmao

2 Likes

@cannabissequoia you can see how the mofo flash in the clouds, look like is really active, i think more fissures are opening but still up there, let’s hope with stay contained up there

11 Likes

9 Likes

The traffic up on the highway is supposed to be super bad :joy: from all the onlookers… they had to pass a $1000 ticket for stopping rule after some nasty accident shoved a sightseeing car down the side :flushed: whoops

Crazy shishi

3 Likes