Big Plant in a Tiny Pot

So this is my first grow diary on OG, I’ve been enjoying the community so far and figured it was time share one of my grows. This particular plant is a bagseed my girlfriend found in some GMO we got from a local dispensary. I was surprised it survived the grinder unscathed so I told her I would germinate it with some other seeds I was starting.

Fast forward a couple months give or take and I now have a monster in the back of my mother plant tent! I finally had some space in another tent so I took 4 cuttings and started her flowering on 6/2. I don’t normally use these two gallon pots for anything other than autos but she seems to be doing well. I’ve got a couple drippers on her feeding a full strength Jack’s solution (3.6-2.4-1.8 with some extra magnesium sulfate) and hydroguard from a 15 gallon reservoir 3 times daily with a pH around 5.6. I need to defoliate one of these days when I get around to it, I’ve been phoning this one in so to speak lol

The main light is a 320 watt full spectrum led with an old blurple led that I use as a heater. The blurple heater is wired to a controller and turns off when the tent reaches 80F/26.5C.

38 Likes

Pulling up a chair, interested to see how she turns out.

Applying some LITFA already eh ? You’ll fit right in here.

7 Likes

I also need a spot to follow the show. I am willing to set on the grass if need be.

3 Likes

Looks great, pulling a chair up

Happy growing :seedling:

2 Likes

Looking good :+1:

1 Like

Here she is at day 14

And I finally got around to some defoliation this morning. I’m going to put a trellis net on her later and that’s probably the last time I’ll touch her until harvest.

I also realized I forgot to include my media in my first post, I’m using a 70/30 mix of Gorilla Boost coco coir and rice hulls. I like it because its easy to make changes when I notice problems, easy to flush(when pH gets out of wack or something, I don’t personally believe in a pre-harvest flush), and basically impossible to over water.

12 Likes

So I was looking through my phone last night and I found some pictures and this plant that I forgot about.

I soaked her and put her in a rapid rooter on March 17th, the other seedling are a few days ahead.

Sprouted by March 23rd

Now this I thought was kind of interesting…

Taken April 6th
After the first nod this shoot with leaves popped out and then didn’t produce anymore new growth so I “topped” her and two lower branches grew completely normally. Anyone else ever seen this before?

8 Likes

Never seen that before?

Where the center shoot stops growing and turns into a weird leaf above the two lowest branches? No I’ve never seen a cannabis plant that before :man_shrugging:

1 Like

It comes up once in a while, some critical defect in the meristem development.
Last I recall was last summer, can’t recall who…

Cheers
G

2 Likes

Day 20 of Flower
It seems like she’s done stretching for now and is developing a nice lemony/piney odor.

5 Likes

She looks like she is stacking on nice. Any updates?

She is a big, lovely lady in a Tiny Plant.

Thanks @GrowingInThePines and I appreciate you checking in @DGCloud

Here she is this morning 7/1/22 Day 29 of flower:

I’m going to take some time later and remove some more leaves in the center of the plant, hopefully get some more light to the buds in the center of the plant.

3 Likes

Beautiful she is stacking it on nice gonna have some colas there for sure. A lot of difference in a week and some days. Keep posting love seeing the changes.

2 Likes