Bigger Yields By Adding More Food? Myth? Fact? :)

isn’t yield an unchangable genetic trait like mold resistance? I’m no plant scientist but I think that varies plant to plant and strain to strain.

Its weird when you smoke you only want potency but growing you need good yield, good calyx to leaf ratio, nugs that get frosty, strong stalk ability to support said donkey dick nugs.

Best weed plant I personally owned in my garden that was hard to kill and fairly uniform from seed and got me high was Sour Diesel.

Afghan is super easy to grow but for personal weed stash it gets old because its best trait, every plant being homogeneous is its greatest weakness, because if you grow a lot of it and get tolerance fast it loses it’s luster.

So the best way i kow its not cool on the boards but if you dont have space or lots of money, most of the good breeders sell mix packs of their good strains randomly thrown in ten seed pack for discount. It’s random but if you dont care which plant is what strain or mind guessing you can get a crop of keepers with variety, and even the males are true breeding. Getting an afgahn or northern lights keeper from greenhouse or mr nice could be priceless and variety keeps tolerance at bay for me.

3 Likes

Ya good point, turnaround time is a huge factor for sure. A separate veg room makes things alot easier and faster if you can always be putting mature plants right into flower, and your GPW on the flowering room will be good but its cheating if you don’t take the veg time into account!

As far as feeding goes I think you’re better off being on the low end of max vs over the line. I think overfeeding is harder on plants than underfeeding. The ideal is running a strain multiple times and taking it right to the limit, its pretty much impossible with a mix of genetics or something new.

4 Likes

if you cant do two seperate physical rooms there’s always shelf growing. I use the top small shelf for the mother clone room, and seal it off with that black and white vinyl sheeting in a roll for $10 a yard, its black on the outside and white on the inside so inside it works like mylar and outside it seals light, and use those velcro strips with double sided tape for the vinyl door flap to seal it for light. The whole shelf setup can fit in a closet and push perpetual dank from 400w hps and whatever cfl or 2ft t5 in mother shelf. Usually 200 cfm or less and passive intakes in between shelves, with light traps (vinyl again) and booyah, weed city!

4 Likes

Which I knew more about genetics I’m lacking there but if ya have the best genetics grown in the absolute worst conditions ya a plant won’t reach its full potential kinda of what I’m facing now with my 16oz cups in my closet I don’t think I’ll push very much unless I start improving my indoor environments .

3 Likes

if they are stong enough and getting rootbound maybe transfer to two liters?

2 Likes

These are my preparation for the next solo cup competition as of now they are kicking ass compared to my hempy cup versions that I failed miserably at! Lol maybe I just didn’t know how to build them correctly these with the wicking systems are keeping soil clear to the top moist :+1: I have roots to within 1/2 inch or less to the top of the soil hoping this will work I’m planing in experimenting with slightly bigger wicking systems here shortly .

1 Like