Heady Bear's Den- "Choose Your Own Adventure" OG Style!

Looks to be a tasty plant to grow. Should be some electric trippy bud sure sparkles in the picture.

5 Likes

Indeed! I’ll honestly be thrilled with any of these strains being selected for my next round.

7 Likes

Amazing information

3 Likes

Dang! I’m definitely down for that!

3 Likes

Sounds amazing.

1 Like

Contender number three for the Breeder Pack run!

Bloodhound
In December of 2021 (I had been a member for 1 month!), @JohnnyPotseed held an auction in support of the site, and of some needs that he and and his wife had at the time. This was before JPS was a vendor and sponsor here at OG! I pulled quite a few strains from his collection that day, and Bloodhound was one of them.

Genetics Overview
Chemdawg x Dragon’s Blood Hashplant

About the Breeder
Listen, if you don’t know who JohnnyPotseed is, are you even an Overgrow member? His personal thread is over halfway through its fourth iteration (meaning that his thread, cumulatively, has over 18,500 individual posts)! He is one of the most respected, and most experienced folks on the boards, and he’s probably grown and bred cannabis for longer than I’ve been alive.
He’s the creator of the ultimate polyhybrid- Frankenstein- which, along with other creations are available right here on Overgrow! If you don’t know, now you know:

What do we know about her?
Precious little! These are a JPS original, and there have been no documented grows of it at this time.
As I understand it, JPS has held a Chemdawg mother for several years now, but I don’t know much else (except that he used to have a damn bonsai bush of her that he could cut a hundred clones from!) about his particular cut, or whether it started as a seed or a clone.
I’ve tagged him, so maybe he’ll stop by and tell us more about what his Chemdawg is like, growth-, and smoke-wise. :bear::ok_hand:
As for the other side of things, the Dragon’s Blood Hashplant came from Bodhi by way of @BigMike55 one way or another.

Mike sent Johnny pollen from this run, and I believe Mike was supplied f2 beans from a trusted member, so the pollination was from an f2 DBHP (maybe find a Hawaiian Sativa leaner in there!)
Mike if you or Johnny want to add anything at all about your parts of these, you are most welcome.

Here’s a link to my favorite description of DBHP:

Mmm… Japanese cucumber soda…

So to sum up
Bloodhound’s potential is truly unknown, but, on paper, her pedigree can’t be denied!
This is one where having the cultivators stop in would/ will be enlightening, I would think :thinking: :bear::pray:

15 Likes

Hey cuz, the Chemdawg I got was from a grower/nursery here in Oklahoma. I got clones from several CD and picked the best pheno-typical to keep as a mother. Had her running for quite a few years as clone only, while I was still in the commercial end of growing for sale to the dispos.
By ‘pheno-typical’ I mean the best CD effects, the diesel smell, the heavy/couchlock type buzz if flowered a week or so past grow guides due date lol
I also veg my plants for 3-6 months before flipping, so they get nice and bushy from topping, and training. Better mature, smoke/taste then also.
The DBHP dust from @BigMike55 I used to hit several of the CD clones, which resulted in the BloodHound.

9 Likes

Thanks for responding to the “Potseed Signal” brother!
Based on other crosses you’ve done using your Chemdawg, can you say whether she “plays nice with others” in a breeding project, or is she gonna be pretty dominant?

2 Likes

I can’t give you a straight answer to thatun cuz. F1 beans are always all over the map, pheno wise, as you know. I’d think so, and it’d be up to the individual growing the beans to pick the best pheno type to suit themselves.
I crossed CD with several strains in the time I had her going, she always did well with other strains. So, there’s that info, at least.

5 Likes

All info is good info my friend.

It always comes back around to that :bear::+1:

I know you don’t do much sleeping, but this bear has gotta do some hibernatin’.
Feel free to stop by any time Johnny… there’s a jar of prerolls somewhere around here, but @HumblePie420 is usually hogging them :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
I’ll be talking with you soon

5 Likes

Pretty much everything BOEL still in Gascan’s hands ( that he didn’t kill off ) came from Coot . Which version of Viet Black ? As most are a 60/40 hybrid . Flowering time of 65 days , so has to be Indica dom . Ton of genetics to unlock . I’d hit this with Doc D’s Zang ( Kiona 164 Viet Black x A5 Haze / Thai ) . Even then with limited space , it’d be hard to do it justice ( got the same problem ) . I’d pick @GregOG brain , he has some BOEL stuff from Swami .

2 Likes

Indeed I was the one who did the seed run for DragonBlood Hashplant.
I got the seeds from MisterBee. They were from Bodhi originally I do believe.
If I remember correctly, I got two boys and three girls on that run. I let them all have an orgy in the tent. I also collected pollen and sent to my friends. @JohnnyPotseed got some of it and performed his magic.
As for the plants, they really were very easy to grow. Nothing out of the ordinary. They did seem to need more nitrogen about mid flower though. Frost was off the charts on these girls too. Probably my best effort to date, other than my mistress, Island Sweet Skunk.

6 Likes

JP’s Bloodhound sounds lethal . I’d be scairt have dat around , have to get couch cut out yer ass .

2 Likes

This is my question too, but despite having hundreds of strains, Swami’s underlying genetics are pretty vague and, at least on the public internet, not well documented.

Great info. It’s alluded to, but I didn’t find confirmation.

Could be, but for now they got put on the menu by the random number generator, and the members who voted, so they get a fair shake to go to the 4x4!

6 Likes

Mmm, Vietnamese Black :yum:

6 Likes

Careful not to smoke that all at once. LOL

5 Likes

I remember growing a VB out back in the 90’s that grew huge, and which we chopped at 22 weeks, only to end up looking exactly like this. It was a crazy and twisted kind of high but was also so unsatisfying and with such ugly buds that it was at that time that I swore to never grow another unproven long-flowering landrace again :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Since I used my Canna JLF during watering today, I was exiled to the front porch.
I made the most of it, and grabbed some shots in natural light.

16 Likes

And the new light arrived as well!

Time to get serious about finding a 4x4

22 Likes

Delivery days are the best days :sunglasses:

2 Likes