BigMike55’s DragonBlood HashPlant Run (Signups closed)

Huh, I wonder how they could call Island Sweet Skunk a new variety, for instance? Been around and in circulation for a much longer than that … assuming it’s the same … basically in the public domain.

7 Likes

I would be interested in following the first few infringement suits. I want to see how they defend that sort of thing.
Whatever strain might be eligible for a patent would have to be rock solid stable. I would think anyway.

7 Likes

I don’t think they are saying the ISS is the new cultivar. I believe the patent if for the Ecuadorian Sativa, which I think they are saying is cultivar found in seed stock from crossing Celestial Temple Sativa x ISS.

On a related note, I was just listening to Chimera’s potcast, and starting at 1:02:51 they talk about how plant patents work.

3 Likes

I read that the same way. ISS is one of the parents, not the patented variety

2 Likes

Where is @BigMike55 ???

1 Like

beautiful plants bigmike.

just to be clear,
are these the dragonsblood hashplant seeds MomOnTheRun made for the co-op?

this line is still available from bodhi, so if these were grown from a bodhi pack we would need to get his permission to distribute the seeds through the co-op.

if these are the co-op selection bred by MOTR for the forum, then we are good to go for distributing these.

that would be really cool because one of our original goals was for members to grow out the co-op lines and preserve them for distribution every 3 years to keep the stock fresh.

4 Likes

I asked him before and they are originally from the MOTR preservation.

6 Likes

that’s awesome!

congratulations @BigMike55 you are officially the first person to breed and share one of our first round co-op lines!

8 Likes

I don’t speak for Mike but he was upset about someones comments he had received on this run. It went into a PM discussion. I haven’t heard the verdict and haven’t heard from @BigMike55 either. I’m more than a lil sad :pensive:. Hope he is just enjoying his Turkey day.

3 Likes

It’s all good. Carry on.

5 Likes

@BigMike55 went to get mail today and got a package. Ty and was very generous for a prize. Not sure who was more excited the wife or myself again ty

23 Likes

Until this moment I was beginning to think @Slick1 might be alright…but then you had to 'splain this :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

I had a senior moment!

2 Likes

We love ya man. One Love!!! You work to hard.

3 Likes

Better late then never. Thanks @BigMike55 for making these!

5 Likes

actually ended up with zero seeds. they weren’t ready by the chop date :frowning:
next time i’ll be able to let them cook longer.

3 Likes

Sorry to hear that :cry: Good luck man!

I was just thinking. This wiki probably needs to be closed. So Sebring doesn’t continue to get new signups as he’s packing. Please @moderators , @LemonadeJoe
Thanks very much, guys!

9 Likes

It was a good one brother. :+1:

5 Likes

2 posts up
It’s closed
But @BigMike55 is a generous guy.
He might be giving away some in future.
I’m an idiot :upside_down_face: so what flag is that Spain?
Like i stated I’m an idiot :us:

Edit: I’m not deleting my post just because you did lol

2 Likes