BigMike55’s Ongoing Cannabis Log (Part 1)

I’m tuned in for sure. All those strains are great in my book.
You got good plants there. Looking good :fire:.

1 Like

BigMike looking good! I know pollin production very. I know some folks have a female about two week behind the plant that your selfing to get optimal seed production.
I agree with @Chieftain about them looking like nanners. Your pistils look spent in that photo. You still have new one’s growing? Are you pollinating another plant or just the one your selfing. I’ve never slelfed a plant so I personally don’t have any experience in that department. I’ve just been observing others projects.
Love seeing your work as always.

1 Like

Thanks @LilJonB. You always have my back.
Yeah, the ultimate plan is to pollinate another clone from the same mother that has been vegging. If there is enuff pollen I may try to pollinate a White Widow with Blue Cookies pollen. That sounds interesting. And is she/he pollinates itself its cool. Not smoking that anyways and the seeds will be good.

2 Likes

My only concern is that there may not be enough for collecting. From what I’ve read its always best to have another female with the one your selfing. If it seems like the CS is browning your pistils I would leave a branch unsprayed. But if you have a female ready to take pollin it shouldn’t be an issue.
Once again this is stuff I picked up along the way. I plan on selfing this out door season. I haven’t done it yet. I hope it all works out for ya!

4 Likes

Thanks my brethren. We will see. It was frustrating as hell waiting for nanners. I almost threw her away thinking I had failed.
One thing I have learned… BE PATIENT.
Glad I waited now.

2 Likes

I thought, for anyone interested, I would show what I used and how I used it.
So, I made a Colloidal Silver Generator. Used a mason jar, 2 lids (one drill 2 holes 1/4” x 1” apart), 2rubber stoppers, two 12ga. Silver Wire, 2alligator clips, shrink tubing and an old celphone charger. I think its 5 vdc output.

17 Likes

Go for it. Amazon is way overpriced.

1 Like

And then use distilled water and st up like this.

13 Likes

Plug her in and she will do the rest. The first batch I made was too weak. After spraying for two weeks… nothing. I made another batch. The first batch I left plugged up for a couple hours. It was working. You could see one of the wires turned black. The second batch I left for 24hours. Also left a little of the original batch to kickstart. First batch was a light yellow color. Second batch was a beer color. Not that light beer shit either.
So after spraying every day, it is finally putting nanners on.

8 Likes

Those rods are the silver correct?

Yes. .999 Silver. About $30. But I understand they will last long time. I will just keep the entire kit with the rest of my shit and I will always have it now that I know how to use it and I know it works. The rest of the stuff I had laying around except the rubber stoppers. They were like a quarter each.

4 Likes

Sweet. Amazon sells there’s for 75 bucks lol.

2 Likes

By the way. If any of you fellers want but don’t have a celphone charger, lemme know. I think I have 3 or 4 that no longer go with anything I have.

2 Likes

Another thing I noticed was there was a pile of sludge right under the wires. And it works better if you clean the silver every couple hours. Use a scotch pad. Put it back together and plug it back in. That simple.

5 Likes

Alright Gentlemen. Here is my weekly report. Everything is smooth sailing right now. I am thinking 2 more weeks. That will be 10 weeks since flip to flower. They are fattening up nicely.

Closer look

Look at this!

18 Likes

Oops. That second pic is my pollen recipient in a couple weeks. Heres some close ups.

Another

12 Likes

And here is my next project
There are 4 White Widow and the one in the front is an Afghani clone that I have successfully rooted. She was about 5 weeks into flower when I was cleaning the underbrush on her momma. I got 2 clones. This one rooted. Trying to put her into veg for a few weeks. Maybe keep her as a mother. Dunno.

10 Likes

I think with 4 White Widow, 1 Afghani, and a Blue Cookies for fem seed. That oughta fill up my 4X4 tent.

4 Likes

Super Nice Flowers hoping to see flowers in a bit :slight_smile: but looking at yours helps

very nice work you do

all the best and be safe

Dequilo

3 Likes

I am just trying to keep up with all the excellent growers on this Forum. Its a full time job.

8 Likes