Biosolids for weed

So I found a cheap local source for compost and soil. My only concern is that much of their compost is derived from biosolids via local sewage. My mom used biosolids in her vegetable and flower gardens when I was growing up and the veggies tasted fine and didn’t make anyone sick.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t touch that with a ten foot pole.

5 Likes

NO :-1: don’t do it.

6 Likes

It’s gonna be a necessity in agriculture eventually. They just gotta figure out how to purify the inorganic waste from it. Mfs pour all kinds of shit down the drain.

4 Likes

But it’s organic!

Seriously though, miracle grow is very very cheap.

There’s a great article about the value $$$ of night soil in Japan but I can’t find it now.

3 Likes

None of that makes me any more comfortable with using it to grow my food or my weed. I grow my own of both for a very good reason.

I’m one of these tree hugging save the planet types(minus the vegan thing) :sweat_smile: just trying to lower my environmental impact a bit.

2 Likes

The planet ain’t goin nowhere . We are …

2 Likes

Suppose I could poop in a bucket and use that :joy:

2 Likes

It’s a common practice in a lot of places. If your produce is imported you never know.

I just can’t get past the Ick factor.

1 Like

Lol hell no man… I mean I see where you a coming from, but that’d be a hard no for me.

1 Like

Would certainly be easier to confirm what may be in it :stuck_out_tongue:

Probably get me to eat cleaner too😅

2 Likes

Disclosure I’m not gonna actually gonna poop in a bucket and save it for compost :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Just remember that the cannabis family is also well known for removing unwanted and very toxic things from soil.
I don’t agree with it for food either, but that fact does put it on a whole other level .

4 Likes

Do they have a laboratory analysis of the biosolids?

My understanding was there tended to be an accumulation of heavy metals (among other things) in the product.

Cheers
G

5 Likes

I actually just found another source whose composting material is sourced from local school districts, and hospitals cafeterias and soup kitchens food waste.

3 Likes

I would save that for the lawn or ornamentals personally.

3 Likes

Not trying to be Mr Debbie downer , but given what makes up most of what people eat , especially in cafeterias of any kind , I would still pass on using it. It really is amazing the amount of chemicals and toxins that have " allowable " limits in our food. Some of which are systemic and aren’t going anywhere from composting.

1 Like

Is that not exactly like dropping a loaf into your planter? What would be the difference? Inquiring minds want to know