Bird shit on plant right before harvest

Yep, just my luck. A whole bunch of white bird shit all over my plant the day before I chop.

This plant was to be used for edibles only so is it basically totally ruined now with possibility of avian diseases, etc?

2 Likes

Well…you could try washing it off, maybe with the mister setting on your hose? Then leave it a day or two to let it dry, rebuild trichomes, and hopefully disinfect with some UV?

1 Like

I wouldn’t worry about it, just give it a proper wash. Bugs been shitting on your buds since they formed, the only difference is the amount and fact that you can see the bird shit. Here is a good thread on washing your buds.

18 Likes

Yeah what @DougDawson said

It’s nature and all that outside stuff

Think what fruit and veggies go through lol

6 Likes

Yes I always wash my buds, just never had large amounts of visible bird shit before lol.

Trying to trim away the major damage areas before washing. We have lots of rain coming so had to chop a little bit early.

3 Likes

Sorry to hear that one.

I do similar, but second bucket gets peroxide solution final buckets plain water.

4 Likes

Organic forums say bird guano is awesome for weed. I forget though, you guys are all about ritual instead of reality. So wash the shit with baking soda and lemon juice lol

1 Like

Ah yes our resident feces expert back again.

Whatsa matter? Boron played out?

5 Likes

I wash outdoor harvests with the product in my profile pic. Pure crop 1 all day baby

So do you smear it all over your buds at harvest and then not wash it off? Asking for a friend.

3 Likes

You top bowls with it like scissor hash!

1 Like

Definitely don’t wash it off. It is like a marinade. It adds flavor.

Damn Doug, I thought you were an old timer? Shouldn’t you know this kinda stuff? Doug over here asking about stuff like a newb.

1 Like

Everyone should wash their plants when they harvest them especially out doors. The end product is so much better. I wash my indoor grows as well. THc is not soluble in water.

P.S. Dont use cold water. Room temp 70’s.

1 Like

Once you correctly wash outdoor, you’ll keep doing it. Old folks here will understand. My rinse buckets in a year with ash, look like a colonoscopy prep.

1 Like

no but some terps are for sure. Ever smelled bubble water from fresh trim? I wanna make it fizzy and drink it up :cup_with_straw::relieved: I’m not gonna knock anyone for washing their plants before or after harvest, but it’s a thin line between bud washing and water curing, especially when you start adding acid/base extraction tech’s into the mix :joy: It starts to feel more like making DMT than making pot

I’m sure it is, as a fertilizer.
As a flavor enhancer?..maybe not so much.

Thinking you knew that tho…?
Troll much?

Lob

No one is adding anything to the water when washing.

It doesn’t stay in the water that long. But like you said… to each their own.

I prefer not to smoke neem oil myself… Kinda taste like shit… :slight_smile:

GR

1 Like

The only time I washed a bud was with bleach but I don’t want to talk about it.

2 Likes