Help what is wrong with this leaf?!

I have a leaf and a couple others that are starting to concern me these are autoflowering plants and I’ve had to do nothing but water them bc I was blessed with great soil where I live. Is this from a pest of some kind? I’ve seen bugs on them but nothing that really damaged to me knowledge. I did have the squigglies through some lead which I read are usually some kind of worm. I just removed those leaves. Anyways, these are getting close to harvest so wasn’t sure if that was why? This will be my first harvest.

3 Likes

Perhaps it could be spider mites :sweat:, check the back of the leaves to see if there are white eggs, brown poo and white blotchs … :sunglasses:

6 Likes

That dont look good, looks like spider mite damage, you might get lucky and its Thrips or worse both. Do you have a magnifying glass if you do look under the leaf.

If you see these under the leaf its mites.

The damage looks like this

These are thrips and much easier to get rid of. These live on top of the leaves

8 Likes

You beat me to it just as I posted George lol.

3 Likes

I edited spider mites - thrips twice as I saw you replying :sweat_smile:, this one was mine with spider mites, inclined me to them … :sweat:

6 Likes

Yep that looks just like some of mine :frowning: I can spot mite damage at 10 ft now lol.

4 Likes

Yeap, those devilish creatures girl_devil|nullxnull leave you scares behind, hope they’re gone for good on your side … brutal|nullxnull

4 Likes

Gahhhh you can’t do much when it’s flowering right? Is it pretty much ruined if you have troubles? Sorry I’m a noob I’m just wanting to be cautious. I believe without going out there that it is Thrips not spider mites. I feel like I’ve seen those other little bastards with the naked eye and on top of leaf.

2 Likes

Upon further inspection it does look like Thrips, def not a spider mite, yellow like the thrip shaped like them as well, they are underneath the leaf tho. What should I do? I mean it’s almost done flowering at this point?

3 Likes

3 Likes

I don’t think you cannot do anything at this stage rather than flushing them when chopped, this is Tinyttuttle’s formula that really worked for me … :sunglasses:

Depending on your harvest window you can also shower them away if they are in the top of the leaves, that depends on your humidity and ability to dry the plant after showering it … :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Oh boy. Lol. It is humid here. And for some reason the thrips are crawling around underneath, I checked for spider mites again and it doesn’t Ppear to be spider mites. I guess I’ll have to wash my damn buds.

3 Likes

You’re lucky in some way, spider mites are a nightmare :sweat:, you can also trim all the affected leaves so they won’t have places to hide or expand and improve airflow to fight your humidity … :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I really really appreciate all of you in here!

4 Likes

If its mites, I would just trim off every leaf so they have nothing to hide on, dispose of the leaves carefully, put them in a seal able bag and put them in the garbage and let her finish, dont go near your other plants or grow areas, change your clothes and wash them asap, and take a shower, every time you go near it. Only takes one survivor or egg and they will be back screwing it all up again. Then clean your tent down and everything in it with bleach or some other toxic stuff when the plant is done.

If its thrips just leave her to finish, then wash your buds like George advised, good luck.

4 Likes

I’d be just be happy to not have mites. At your current stage of flower I would just remove ALL the leaves with visible stems.

2 Likes

I just did that! Thank you so much. Yes it’s thrips thankfully(I guess lol). I appreciate all the input, I will start my indoor grow soon Ill keep you all posted on that as well!

3 Likes

With $20 and a trip to the hardware store you can get rid of the thrips. You might have both, though, a lot of that damage screams mites to me.

Spectracide, Sevin, Bayer Tree and Shrub…all kill thrips dead. Spinosad kills thrips too, if a pesticide being of bacterial origin is important to you.

A good option for the mites is abamectin.

“Those types” will be in the thread shortly to suggest I’m crazy for using pesticides, but use your best judgment, Fluff. I just use the most effective tools at my disposal.

2 Likes

This type only ask you: have you seen this photo?

Would you drop all your weaponry in this stage? hum|nullxnull

2 Likes

Infestations don’t get better on their own. They usually just get worse.

Still 3 months left in the season, that auto has at least 4 weeks left; better to act now before it ruins the bud. Or smoke flowers laden with bug carcasses and feces, it’s not my weed, I don’t have to smoke it.

Pesticides are not weaponry, it’s just a tool like any other. It does what it’s supposed to.

1 Like