Bugs? šŸœ šŸ›

High everyone, I took a dead leaf from a seedling (read here it is a hotel for bugs and pests) and saw some eggs and strange worms , do they have name and correct treatment? Thanks ā€¦

6 Likes

Ru you sure itā€™s not ā€œsneezeā€ material ? Donā€™t know buddy ? I canā€™t make them out with the leaf tissue the way it isā€¦ is the pic taken with a macro lens or something similar?

3 Likes

Thanks, no sneeze at all! Itā€™s made with a chinese USB mobile scope, I see holes made by ā€œthemā€ ā€¦ :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Donā€™t know what it is, but spinosad is safe. Iā€™d try that, kills most pests.

2 Likes

Thanks, will look for it ā€¦

1 Like

I use a brand called Monterey or a brand called Saferā€¦ Not sure if they have those in your part of the world, but it never hurts to check. Any brand of spinosad will do though.

3 Likes

Thanks, Iā€™ve found one you wouldnā€™t buy, as it is from BAYER, but it has spinosad on it ā€¦ :sunglasses:

5 Likes

@Meesh Thatā€™s a lot of :spaghetti: pasta sounding stuff to meā€¦ :laughing:

:v:

:evergreen_tree: :fork_knife_plate: :wine_glass:

2 Likes

Looks like Thrips maybe. The young larvae are supposed to look like worms. The adults are brown and long and thin with wings(?) Some of the dark brown spots could be poop from one of a few different bugs.

6 Likes

I agree with the gman, it looks like thrips.

I have them in my veg room now as well. It sucks

7 Likes

If they are thrips, you should see white specks/blemishes on the top of your leaves. There will often times be small black specks next to the white (thrip poop).

If you are having yellowing/necrotic leaves and stunted growing, you have another problem.

5 Likes

Sorry to hear that @Mongobongo, hope you blast them all. Thank you all, first step to get rid of them is being able to recognize them, now I know what to look for, time for some action ā€¦

2 Likes

Is Neudorff stuff available in your area? Spruzit should kill them, they also have a spinosad soap, but it seems to depend on the region.

Donā€™t know the shop, but it seems to be in Spain:

3 Likes

Can I ask, can you see these bugs without a loop or microscope? Or are they too small to see with the naked eye?

1 Like

Thanks for the reply, I can only see the damage, not the bugs. I saw the leaf was unsane and took it off to check it with the scope. It was one of the older leaves of the autos ReikoX kindly sent me, as they are youngsters itā€™s easier to control them ā€¦ :sunglasses:

6 Likes

That last picture you put up definitely looks like thrips to me. But youā€™d see shiny spots and black poo dots.
The other two I canā€™t tell Iā€™m sorry. But it looks like a soft bodied, chewing type which can be dealt with azadirachtin (sp?), Neem or pyrethrins

2 Likes

Thanks @Bigbean, I have already sprayed them with pyrethrins, will see how it goes and if I should go one step ahead with spinosad. They are easy to check, cheers ā€¦

2 Likes

Ok good. Plants look healthy - probably just some thrips. Russets look similar to thrips only on a much smaller level.

Russets:

5 Likes

Thatā€™s what I thought too, and then I noticed Mongo posted that, not George.

1 Like

Hey all, got 6 super silver yo mama f2s going. Theyā€™re about 5-6 days old (I donā€™t count days really) and they are beautiful. They seem to be thriving, nice green leaves, growing pretty fast too, theyā€™re on their set of 3 finger fans right now. I was watering today and I noticed 2 very small whitish bugs running around the top of the soil after I watered. They were not very fast moving, but it was two of them and from what I saw there were 2 in another pot as well. So thatā€™s 2 out of 6 pots with 2 very small white bugs running around in each.I watched them for about 30 seconds and they would go under the top soil a little but not too deep cause Iā€™d see them scurry back up to the top. I would include a picture but my camera most likely wonā€™t pick up something so small. My temps swing from the low 70s at night to high 70s/ low 80s during the day. Humidity has gotten up to 50% on the first two days, but recently itā€™s been steady around 40-45%. If anybody can help thatā€™d be great, Iā€™m up to buy some spinosad or anything to treat the soil with, or if these are beneficial critters, even better. Or EVEN BETTER, if somebody has a chart of the most common pests when growing cannabis I can try and identify them since I know what they look like rather than trying to go off my description lol. Thanks

1 Like