Birthday Cake & GLF Fun

Joining the fun here. Let me know how the small plants do in those large pots. I went from solos to 3 gallons this run and struggled with overwatering while waiting for the roots to spread. I’m the king of under or overwatering in early veg🤦🏼‍♂️

1 Like

Haha, those little one are clones. I was messing around with ‘how small of a clone can I cut’.

They ended up taking root (rather quickly too) and have been producing new growth for about a week now.

The fun part of this; I stuck them directly into the flower tent on 12/12. Curious how they react. I expect nothing from them on this run honestly. If they produce one little bud, I’ll pollinate it and make seeds for sharing. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

7 Likes

Bye bye extension cords. Added and outlet to inside the closet. Also changed out the light to a light socket with outlet.

Portable AC in route from Amazon. Now I can fully close the closet doors. Wooooo

4 Likes

Day 15 of flower:

11 Likes

And two lil clones chugging along as well:

8 Likes

Did a little work to the closet cooling and air flow this weekend. Added vents out from the closet to the bathroom (which vents to the roof of my building).

Then installed an AC unit inside.

10 Likes

This is going to be a great run . Looking forward to the show! Stay Airborne my friend!!! @anon90741032

2 Likes

7 Likes

This is slick, man. I dig the innovative craftsmanship going on here.

2 Likes

Ehhh - that did work out as well as planned. :slight_smile:

The heat that little unit puts off almost negates any temperature swing it helps with. I can sustain better temps with just a little fan, than with that AC pumping off so much heat via the exhaust.

Iv been wallowing in shame of a failed cooling attempt for a few days. Started tripping the breaker to boot, lucky I walked in just after it happened the other night…

I am back at a few exhaust fans running the show and holding steady around 79’ish…

2 Likes

I have the opposite problem. Never see above 78 degrees, and typically hangout in the mid 70’s, but the humidity has been in a pissing contest with temps, so it seems. I’m lucky if I can get below 70% lately. Cut a good number of lower growth off, and that helped, but new foliage grows so quickly that the respite is short lived. I have 2 clip fans keeping them moving best they can, and tucking and positioning leaves so they aren’t stacked, but I have a bad premonition it’s going to be futile. Silver lining is the forecast looks rain free for several days and that should make a minor improvement. Still, going to have a look at dehumidifiers this weekend.

Did you make it to the event in Culpepper?

3 Likes

Wow, good luck man - humidity I am blessed with just around 48% at all times. But yeah it should be a little nicer around here for the next little bit.

Nope, ended up eating a fairly large browny the night before and hibernated right past the event that day. lol :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Flower Day 21:

Birthday cake:

GLF:

The clones: (not day 21)

7 Likes

12 Likes

Clones up front have started flowering. Old farts in the back progressing well. :slight_smile:

@corey - got the pollen today - thank ya brotha!

3 Likes

Man, those clones jumped, didn’t they?

3 Likes

Shockingly so. One day small, two days later - almost same as the mothers.

The stretch is real. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’m enjoying the thread good job :+1:

1 Like

Welcome to OG my friend, glad to have you, enjoying your thread thus far. I also have an sf-4000 they are great little lights (mines for veg atm but I’ve flowered under her as well) looking forward to seeing how the birthday cake turns out . Huge fan of wedding cake, hoping it’s just as good. :facepunch:t2:

2 Likes