My very first cross! *Trial run

Hey OGers :metal: I’m excited to show this off here. . … my own very first batch of seeds!! :hugs:

(this is not even 25% of them, i had a fully seeded plant)
What we have here is BobBitchen Chernobyl x Archive Slurricane F1. The specific Chernobyl I used was flowered out at least twice, very nice lime/tennis ball vibe, SUPER frosty but low yielder. The Slurricane male used just one time to pollinate this Chernobyl and a female Slurricane (F2’s). I didn’t really vet the male or check it for stem rub, I kinda just ran with because it was one of my last of 3 Slurricane seeds.

I have one going now, I plan to run a handful more in 5-6 weeks but I had room for this one now. Gona do a sex test on it in a few days when the leaves get bigger.

Anyways, I’m REALLY REALLY excited for this, I can imagine how some of you guys felt the first time you grew your own seeds made from your own work :metal: it’s a neat feeling, making & then growing seeds is deeply more satisfying than only growing them. But now I have a bazillion seeds & fully seeded nugs in my smoke stash, so, lesson learned :rofl::rofl: lol! No more just letting the male dump in the whole space, I’m going to try more isolated methods of pollination next time :+1:

49 Likes

Congrats on the cross!! You have enough seeds for the rest of your life right there. This is exactly what I’m gonna be doing next run though.

6 Likes

sounds like a good cross. :+1:

3 Likes

That’s awesome @RookieBuds! Nice cross, I like your way of thinking. Frosty indica meets frosty sativa hybrid. The children will definitely be something else :man_shrugging:

Pz :v:t2:

5 Likes

Super cool, keep us updated on this one! Gotta be fun imagining how they’ll come out. I would imagine you’ll have a pretty wide spread of possibilities

4 Likes

:fireworks: :fireworks: :fireworks: SUPER CONGRATS!!! :fireworks: :fireworks: :fireworks: Nice looking seeds, indeed. Contined success in ANY future projects, SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Right on @RookieBuds ! You’ve taken the next step in your evolution as a grower! Soon you’ll be smoking nothing but hash like the rest of us old seed makers!!
:grin::v:

7 Likes

Thanks everybody :metal: @Budderton yeah that’s exactly what I told my wife, “this is the next step in my growing career” — i call it a career only because it’s more than a hobby, I take the work seriously & it’s more of a money-saver than any kind of money-maker.

7 Likes

Congratulations on your first seeds. :clap:

2 Likes

Well done! I can only imagine how cool that must be to have such a giant stash of seeds. There’ll definitely be plenty of interesting things to come from that.

Is there a ~legal~ limit on the number of plants you’re allowed to grow at once?

2 Likes

Awesome! Congratulations! That cross sounds excellent.

Those seeds look fat and mature too. Be sure to let them dry out thoroughly for a couple of weeks in a dry, cool, dark place before putting them in a container with dessicant for long term storage. They will last a long time of you store them correctly. Cool and dry is critical. Moisture and heat are bad.

2 Likes

:partying_face: :partying_face:
Congrats! It is really exciting the first time you make seeds (hell, not just the first time… every time)

When I first started buying seeds, it was still illegal. And getting them in the mail always made me paranoid that the FBI was waiting around the corner to nab me as soon as I went to get the package.
So the first time I got reg seeds, and then made my own first batch, it was like “Cool!! I’m never gonna buy seeds from Amsterdam again! I’ll never get caught now!! I have a lifetime supply!”

:laughing:

3 Likes

Congratulations @RookieBuds!

1 Like

Funny thing is, even though i will NEVEREVEREVER be able to grow all these seeds, with my 6 plant limit n such, i totally still shop for other seeds :wink::rofl: lol but, at least i have something to trade with other people who have seeds and don’t sell them

Thanks for the love, everyone :metal::heart:

3 Likes

You set a fine example for us all @RookieBuds! I hope to follow your path as I get my grow worked out.

1 Like

You’re right its a great feeling making your first beans! Congrats

1 Like

Congratulations @RookieBuds
In a hurry to discover the descendants :fire:. And now you’re catching the brushstroke virus with pollen everywhere with each crop :rofl:.
Good culture and I wish you lots of good things :wave:
See you
O.B

1 Like

Here we go! I hope she gets an F on the test :wink::rofl:

3 Likes

What is this young test? How does it work?

1 Like

Farmer Freeman :ok_hand: