Bitcoin and virtual cryptocurrencies

They’re a fedcoin and rothscoin lol

2 Likes

The NSA outlined cryptocurrencies in 1996, almost 22 years ago. technology is prob at least a decade ahead of whats publicly available. SHA-256 or whatever bitcoins based on was most likely compromised long before bitcoins inception. nothing is released without a backdoor.

HOW TO MAKE A MINT: THE CRYPTOGRAPHY OF ANONYMOUS ELECTRONIC CASH
Laurie Law, Susan Sabett, Jerry Solinas
National Security Agency Office of Information Security Research and Technology
Cryptology Division
18 June 1996
http://groups.csail.mit.edu/mac/classes/6.805/articles/money/nsamint/nsamint.htm

bitcoin sure took a huge hit recently… or at least i just noticed recently… does anyone know if it was in response to a specific event or something?

1 Like

This is such a great thing. Huh?

1 Like

it’s things like this that lead me to believe bitcoin is a state sponsored creation with significant backing from the intelligence community. bitcoins whole concept rests on SHA-256 being uncrackable which i highly doubt is the case. or it’s just random hackers with good zero days or utilizing the recent processor exploits. but i’ve heard lots of stories of peoples bitcoin just going missing from a secure wallet and machine so idk. makes me reluctant to invest heavily knowing it could just ‘disappear’ one day.

actually after reading that article, this theft occurred while bitcoin was already only around 11,000 per. it was around 20k each last month. who knows. risky business i guess.

1 Like

Pretty sure they banned it’s use in Korea the day before.

1 Like

i imagine these markets get manipulated as much as any other market. powerful people can use their positions to effect market changes, like the korean announcement could just be a ploy to lower the value so they can buy cheap. who knows. it’s above my pay grade.

2 Likes

Bitcoin went down from 20000 to 11000 mostly because investors are collecting their profits. Nothing unusual… Also I think surge to 20000 was driven mostly by news about futures going wide public on major exchanges + snowball effect. (Some funds can now legally trade them without actually owning them and needing to secure them.)

2 Likes

well if LJs not worried i won’t worry, was depressing to see my value cut in half, i guess you’re optimistic it’ll recover?

Did you guys see they stole like $400 million in cyber currency?

1 Like

Yes! See the link above.

1 Like

Does anyone still think that an invisible currency backed by nothing is still a sound investment?

2 Likes

Well it’s there u may not see it or touch it but it’s considered virtual currency based on blockchain technology it has to have some sort of viability or else it would be gone by now. I figure just the small fact that you have to keep track of your trades, purchases and overall losses its now taxable income to the U.S. government since Jan 2018. Bitcoin along with ALT coins will be around for the next 100 years easily. My son is 14 and the fact that his teacher asked all the students in his class was asked if they new what Bitcoin was and all 30 of 31 students knew about it seals the deal for me. Invest in Altcoins and Crypto while it’s still relatively new. Bitcoin will climb to 100K one day. Stand by.

1 Like

I believe that the u.s. dollar is not backed by anything. That scares me most. I don’t know how much more paper dollars we can print before it falls apart. I hardly use cash money now. For me it’s all basically numbers on a screen anyway.

1 Like

@weedclectic I absolutely agree!

BTW fun fact - do you know that Arizona is about to enact new law so that you can pay your taxes in bitcoin? :smiley:

1 Like

RIght another fun fact is the price of video cards for gaming are now going through the roof because of all the coin miners around the world. What ALT Coin will Nvidia start to use first? I guarantee the owner has bitcoin!

1 Like

Haha… It is believed that Chinese ASIC producer Bitmain had larger profits that nVidia in 2017 :slight_smile: So nVidia has to catch up first … but they already know that mining is large market because cryptos are going to stay. And now Bitmain is developing new device with 96+ GB of RAM :thinking: to mine Ethereum (previously supposed to be ASIC-immune to the time).

2 Likes

so would also work on cryptonote (monero etc) ?

fiat/fractional reserve banking is the biggest ponzi scheme in the world. every dollar printed is borrowed at interest… where does the money to pay the interest come from? why, borrowed of course (also at interest)!! only a matter of time before it crashes.

i imagine a blockchain type currency will replace most major countries currencies , only a very small percentage of money exists in physical currency anyways. everyones already used to electronic currencies for past couple decades already …

1 Like

What’s your favorite ALT Coin at the moment for yourself? What are your favorite channels if you watch or subscribe to via youtube? I am kind of curious now? Day trading or Long Term HODLER? DM me if you like to answer any of these privately. Glad to have met you. I have a good feeling about this. Have a good week.

Could be some truth to that but if you make it big and come up it can give you opportunity to invest in things you love like growing your own medicine or buying gold and silver or fast old cars you can work on when they break down with some wire strippers a wrench and some screwdrivers. :slight_smile: