Crypto Currencies: PotCoin Vs. all other cannabis cryptocurrencies

PotCoin or Paragon dop

1 Like

I am so old school. I should wait for others to post.

I just froze all my credit because of the fiasco with credit companies and am fast losing faith in the direction of this stuff.

Peace. PuffPuffPass

99%

2 Likes

Thanks for responding I am new to this website and was introduced to it by a fellow canna fam, I have been researching this topic to see if it is a wise thing to build capital with …I am in fact quite new to the whole crypto currencies topic generally anyway, hence this thread.

1 Like

https://steemit.com/cannabis/@danyelk/list-and-info-about-cannabis-related-cryptocurrenciesthere is this

i don’t see either of them becoming much more than a niche shitcoin, perhaps you could compare and contrast the strengths and weaknesses of both and perhaps how they differ than more established coins.

i mean i’ve heard of potcoin but always assumed it was an attempt by someone to make a quick buck. whats the PoW algorithm behind them ?

1 Like

Welcome aboard @HempyMcChrism

Yeah, I have avoided it, so I am not the one to speak with. There is another Bitcoin thread if you try a search using the magnifying glass above right (too much weed).

The growth on some of these has been exponential, but the risk accompanies the rewards.

Good luck and keep posting.

99%

1 Like

if you had spent $1000 on bitcoin in january you’d have almost 15000 now. that’s pretty good for one year. if you go back further it’s even crazier. it’s seen about 50% gain in the last month or 2 alone. i would not invest money in these alt/shitcoins. maybe mine them for fun.

what exchanges are they available on?

thanks for the input and will do…

Hello Legal Canada,
I appreciate conversing with someone familiar with the landscape of the environment I was wondering if I could accrue any value by mining as it is known?

there are apparently two different companies that handle the digital transfer

i’m really not familiar with the coins, the algorithms used or the mining difficulty, coins like bitcoin you need mining hardware (ASICs) to have a chance anymore i think thats SHA 256 PoW. coins like monero use the cryptonote algorithm so aren’t compatible with ASIC mining hardware so your best bet is using GPUs / CPUs for mining but the difficulty is still pretty hard you are a lot better off mining in part of a pool and even then unless you have a strong rig you probably won’t earn much, definitely less than your electricity costs.

pot coin and most other altcoins i know very little about so can’t really answer that., but it’s usually only feasible to mine as an individual with a basic rig during a coins infancy. if you have access to lots of cloud computing power for cheap or free it’s a lot more feasible. once the difficulty and network hash power gets too high your probably better off just buying the coin on an exchange to sell for profit.

what country are you in? you should look for a crypto exchange within your country and see what coins they have listed for trade and follow the market or one you are interested in for a little while before making a buy.

i’m really new to crypto trading. i mined bitcoins like 5+ years ago but they were worth nothing then and i don’t have that wallet anymore :frowning: @Herbie and @LemonadeJoe are both much more knowledgeable than myself

6 Likes

yeah bitcoin, and now monero and ethereum have long been the currencies of the darknet markets. monero is more anonymous than bitcoin but if you are careful you can obfuscate bitcoin transactions too. it’s how people buy drugs and all other nefarious stuff over the internet from strangers, usually using an escrow system or multisig transactions to ensure you aren’t ripped off.

1 Like

wow You shared a vast wealth of information in a short couple of sentences thank you !

yes i think most altcoins are usually traded for bitcoin so you’d have to buy bitcoin first then trade it for whatever altcoin. btc seems to be the safer bet lately tho. i expect the bubble will pop soon. other people believe its currently extremely undervalued.

2 Likes

I think it is very late to invest into mining now… This was lucrative business back in 2011 with GPUs to maybe 2012. Since 2013 only with ASICs.

Yes there are coins that you can still mine with GPU (e.g. Ethereum), but still there is strong competition. Just look at youtube how current mines in China look. This industry is now very very technically advanced and professional (e.g. they used oil cooling, using extracted heat, have subsidy on electricity, …).

China - 2/2015

Iceland - 1/2017

Paragon Coin… Just avoid it… It is actually not new coin but just token created on top of Ethereum network (uses Ethereum infrastructure).

• 100,000,000 tokens for sale valued at $1.00 USD each at stage 1
• 50,000,000 tokens for sale at stage 2 - no sooner than 2021, at market
price (not the initial $1 of the first crowdsale )
• 40,000,000 tokens allotted for Paragon controlled reserve to maintain
price support of the PRG tokens. Tokens can be bought or sold to keep
the tokens circulation stable
• 10,000,000 tokens community-controlled reserve to be used for the
best startup ideas as voted on by the community

Notice how coins are distributed (not in fair way through mining). They are basically selling tokens they created out of thin air. This is not how actual free and decentralized currency looks like (this is practically opposite - central emission) . The issuer is the only one that will make money on this offer. Issuer has spent some dollars on advertisement but that is all. There is no edge against any other established currencies (like Bitcoin or Ethereum). They spent maybe few millions USD to advertisement and operating costs, but expect to obtain 100M in initial funding. That screams scam to me. And a model as CEO doesn’t fix that for me.

Why don’t buy Ethereum that allows ICOs (initial coin offering) like this… That is much better idea.

PotCoin

I’d stay away from potcoin. It is PoS (proof of stake) coin, that means that who holds it can collect fees. The only one who gets rich on this is the original creator who has a lot of these coins already. If the author in some time decides to sell the coins and abandon the idea you will end up with nothing. And the same argument applies for both Paragon and Potcoin. Why the hell would dispensaries choose this coin instead of established coins. Just see most seedbanks. They have chosen bitcoin for payment. Because it is widespread and software tools are highly developed.

I’m missing any competitive advantage in these coins over “traditional” widely accepted currencies (bitcoin, ethereum, litecoin)

2 Likes

wats a legit one were you can just use a credit card and dont need to hand them copy of d license

there are sites to buy bitcoin without providing identity confirmation but you generally pay increased rates.

localbitcoins is a site to meet people in person to do cash transactions etc or also online i think with prepaid visas, bank transfer etc. and there are also bitcoin ATMs in lots of cities - although these are generally 9%-14% fees

there are also sites where you can buy small amounts of btc without verification (usually just cell phone number) but it is limited to maybe 250$ a day or something similar

i could sell you bitcoins for 5% fee over market exchange rates :slight_smile:

@LemonadeJoe thanks for that explanation, i have seen these ethereum token things before and they seem like complete scam indeed

1 Like

10 years ago $100 investment in bitcoin would be worth over a hundred million… Or so my friend said, so don’t shoot me down lol

yes but bitcoin was only known to tech enthusiasts then, by january it was already mainstream and very well known to have made lots of people rich already. so basically invest now because next year it will be even higher :wink:

1 Like