Crypto fans here?

anyone here a crypto fan or a former one? If you swapped even once with uniswap even a failed transaction will pay each connected wallet 400 tokens. Still alot out there uncollected. Around 6 dollars us per token right now. I had 2 walleta because I was dumb when I first started. 800 tokens. Sold half kept half. Free money

6 Likes

I am currently looking into getting some bitcoin cash BCH. Back in 2016-17 I was thinking of getting into bitcoin, but the whole process scared me. With bitcoin cash being about $450 a coin, but being cheaper to use per transaction than bitcoin, this seems like a no brainer.
Probably gonna grab a few with my income tax return. Bitcoin is probably gonna pop again soon and come down…but the highs and lows are higher than they’ve ever been. But I don’t want to get caught up in the FOMO.

What do you guys think of the current crypto market?

2 Likes

I’m very positive about cryptos and current market mood …

It is the only logical way for many hedge funds. We are in situation of zero interest rates and unprecedented no-limit fiat money printing. Bitcoin is great hedge against inflation, probably even better than gold.

Two big banks (Citibank and JPM) have announced price targets 300k and 600k for bitcoin. Many big names (Paul Tudor Jones, Ray Dalio, …) have already invested into it and others announce hard plans to invest more in following months. Even PayPal is offering bitcoins to their US clients.

The more established companies and big names come into the industry the lower the chance that cryptos will be banned. After all they mean a big threat to conventional central banking.

I have been always a big fan of bitcoin and no new coin will change that. I don’t see any added value in alt-coins with only one exception - Ethereum. Bitcoin is electronic money but Ethereum is much more developed ecosystem which will someday provide very advanced features like smart contracts that Bitcoin can’t provide. Bitcoin is the limited resource and will continue to be the king with highest transaction security (the output of all the miners processing the transaction) and most stable protocol. We are not ready to take full advantage of Ethereum’s features yet.

I’d advise to stay away from anything else than BTC and ETH. You can check price graphs for past few years to see that the disparity between those two and the rest of alt-coins is growing.

2020 was a truly a record year - we have seen only 12 bitcoin “obituaries” :slight_smile: https://99bitcoins.com/bitcoin-obituaries/

and we are still nowhere in terms of popularity compared to mania in December 2017… https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=today%205-y&geo=US&q=bitcoin

9 Likes

I got lucky and grabbed some bitcoin last spring when it crashed hard. Got $300 when it hit 4k… man I wish I had had the money to grab more. But my $1000 invested in assorted crypto is worth about $3500 right now, so I think I have done well in under a years time.

Also trying to get into stock. Brookfield renewable (BEP) has been my best return, up roughly 85% from when I bought (when it was super low in early summer) and gives about 2-3% a month in dividends. BEP has historically doubled its investment every 5 years, seems like a good nest for my little egg.

2 Likes

Very informative posts!

So I have yet to buy any crypto…could you guys suggest a wallet/app(?) that would be good for buying, selling and long-term holding bitcoin and etherium?

Edit. Stupid question…does money earned from crypto have to be dislosed in your taxes?

1 Like

Electrum.org is great wallet app for PC. For best security, you need hardware wallet like www.trezor.io. Trezor supports both Bitcoin and Ethereum.

1 Like

Just beware, especially in the US, of feds looking into your crypto income. One of the first questions on the new income tax forms is “Did you invest in crypto currencies in 2020?” Feds will be cracking down more and more each year. If you made money or purchased things with it, they will want to know all about it.

2 Likes

Still waiting on my new set of lungs from Mexico…

My pc fried about a year ago. Would you say wallets on Android are unreliable and should be avoided? I am an absolute newb and am looking for something secure, but streamlined for new users.

I just want to be able to buy, sell and hold bitcoin, bitcoin cash and etherium.

1 Like

I don’t really care for BTC, and that’s the only ‘bitcoin’ you should hold if you do. BCH might stand to continue to have a decent value, but BTC is where most of the dev is going so I wouldn’t put everything into just BCH.

The issue with bitcoin is it’s not private at all, it’s no where near anonymous, it’s expensive to spend, slow to use, and can be asic mined all day long so pretty much have to buy it or trade for it.

I much prefer my value be in Monero. It is actually private by default, and anonymous outside of an exchange. It’s also much cheaper to send than bitcoin, is much quicker to send, cannot be asic mined.

I do like ETH too since the way it is designed it should have a very long term use case, and is better than bitcoin everywhere it matters too.

There’s literally no reason BTC should have any value at all, monero is what btc was supposed to be, and eth does everything else. Still, I hold all 3 and a few other minor alt coins that might make sense and have a use case.

3 Likes

Why do I feel like the first part of your post is contradictory to the last part? You appear to have very mixed up feelings about BTC haha. Positive vibes…

~nugzz

2 Likes

Yeah it’s my personal feelings vs reality.

You pretty much have to have BTC because of the market.

But if the market had any sense no one would use it because there’s better stuff, but here we are :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just broke 33k per BTC. I’m gonna save cash and wait the pop…or save cash and procrastinate until it hits 100k…then revive this thread again full of regret.

3 Likes

My “Cryptocurrency gift” for today is a tip: go to Unstoppable domains and Buy your personal domains. Just like people buy and sell .com names, .sto, .shop etc. Now you can buy and own your DOMAIN ON THE BLOCKCHAIN :bangbang: Using .crypto .bitcoin .nft .888 .zil .x. . Like Dog.coin sold for $50,000and wolf.crypto sold for $25,000. At least own your name, one time fee and it,s your on the blockchain decentralized forever, you can create website on blockchain uncensored, because you own the keys and access to the blockchain website.
Overgrow is for sale too (tell admin)

so this is a early early heads up. Hell goodluck maybe you buy and sale a $250,000 domain, or keep for generation to pass down. P.s. Im open for tips if you score it big! (in crypto of course) cheers

2 Likes

There is a slight problem with those pseudo domains:

Checkout the FAQ at https://unstoppabledomains.com/

Q: Are NFT domains part of ICANN / traditional DNS?
A: No. NFT domains are what’s called alternate roots. They are not part of the current DNS.

That means, these domains are accessible only using a particular browser or browser plugin.

4 Likes

true, but it’s early. The technology is still coming. The accessability is not stopping, early birds from buying up .eth domains too… example

as more and more browser accept Crypto and Blockchain. But it’s not “pseudo”, there are “working case” uses already…example, instead of typing your whole Address Adtb49fnjjhs7553hnjjjr54j5, you would instead just put your “blockchain domain” leamondheadjoe.crypto. " An immediate use-case for blockchain domains is using it to send and receive payments (crypto for now) from anyone. If a website owner needs to be paid for goods or services, then they can simply give the customer their blockchain domain (for example payment.crypto) instead of copying and pasting a clunky wallet address.

The domain can take receipt of a crypto payment and the transaction is preserved immutably on the blockchain. At the moment blockchain domains need plugins to work inside most browsers, but web3.0 platforms like Opera, Metamask and Brave have been developed to support them"
whole article: Blockchain Domains: Beginners Guide To Decentralised DNS
but it’s “early early”. So DYOR
hard to explain (like explaing crypto to someone in 2017!, lol try that)
some will research and take advantage. This is for those few, but it’s not meant to peddle FOMO. Peace

Sorry, but I don’t see any use case with domains that stand outside the traditional DNS system. I understand that the trend is towards decentralized solutions, but the proper way would be to change ICANN to DAO based organization, not to create alternative name services.

Currently, if I buy dot crypto with Unstoppable (a centralized company btw) it won’t be accessible by other than selected few browsers (low single digit percent of the market share). It is very likely that someday ICANN will issue dot crypto that will immediately become accepted by all browsers. Collisions like this are inevitable. There is no guarantee that Unstoppable will be able to obtain dot crypto accreditation from ICANN.

More reading here: question - Blockchain vs. Tradition Domain Names | NamePros Community

10 Likes

Theoretically Gov’t can basically ban or regulate like China did but if you have the hash and escape the camps you still have access. And as long as some peers are out there it can never be taken down.
I have gold silver etf and forsee 2008 but the propaganda is next lever shit this time.
If they gonna come after your wealth beyond inflation and taxation then stock up on lead it seems thats a good investment too

Good info thanks @LemonadeJoe cheers

1 Like

That’ll be enough of that.

Still hodling shib and doge… Wish I had held onto my decentraland(mana) when I had bought it at .27 and sold at .32

2 Likes