Bitcoin and virtual cryptocurrencies

First you get da money, den you get da bitcoins… den you get da womens… -Scarface

Noticed this has not been touched lately. I bought back in December and sold far to early. I think if bitcoin moves inversely to Treasury notes and Tnotes do a little better then gold in a recession for hedging but bitcoin follows gold prices. Gold went down while bitcoin is going up. So just wanted to know some of y’alls thoughts about how you feel the market is moving.

Thanks V

2 Likes

My thought is buy and hold

4 Likes

I bought a small enough amount where I can dollar cost average my way down; if thats the case.

Really man? I think that some but not all of the digital currencies will become a integral part of the global finance market. The real boom will happen when there are enough Ethereum to go around. This stuff aint going anywhere, its gunna be here forever. The greater the market cap the greater the potential profits will be. Right now Ethereum has a relatively low market cap because there isn’t alot of it, this shys investors away. As more is made, the price will steadily rise untill it plateaus when the investors and the people with coin in their wallet realize they are making shit tons of money. The plateau will last for awhile, then it will start to go up again. This process will repeat.

“Pirate emoji” :wink:

How many public corporations are on the NASDAQ? :wink:
:gem::gem:

Wife bought some shares in Bitcoin,my wife is a smart cookie she’s making
Good money from them shares

I got a big pot garden man. :yum:

We bought a bunch of dogecoin a bit back…paying off :+1:

Doge is a meme coin tho…

Crypto is always moving around buy low sell high.

I haven’t made any money but I can’t sit and wait I’m not patient.

I’m up 5.5-6 times my investment from last year depending on the day. I think btc is going to peak in mid September. I’m going to pull my original investment then, and then a portion a day until it crashes… then reinvest when it levels out again.

2 Likes

That’s awesome. Who knows bitcoin could have another major upswing like it did this year, the stock market and everything else is going up and down a lot and I think they effect each other (people heavy in stocks are trying to hedge themselves in crypto). But it’s not a constant inverse relationship but ideally it would make sense if you could do both to do it. But then you’d be trading full time. Now that they are taxing people cashing out I’m trying to learn more about that and the legal requirements.

1 Like

Decentralized crypto is going to be valuable the more other countries start issuing their own centralized crypto. Aka the ability to control YOUR money. I think people will soon understand this concept

1 Like

How do I invest in Bitcoin? Is Coinbase safe? Robinhood? Would you use a debit card to buy or a credit card then pay off the credit card with cash? If I do use a bank account would you use an account with small amounts of money in it?
I’m not sure I want to use my regular account.

Crypto.com has taken over the staples center in LA…official announcement coming on Xmas day. 6 days to load up.
VVS runs on the Cronos blockchain. Which is what crypto.com runs on…still very, very new. VVS will be the pancake swap of Cronos…and again, it is still very, very early.

Iotex is another one I want to hold for 5-10 years. MachineFi is on the way!!!

SAND from the sandbox is going to be huge once the game is released.

ELK is basically the Forex in crypto.

BIFI (Beefy finance) has crazy APY’s that auto-compound.

Long term holds:
SAND
CRO
iotex
VVS
ELK
BIFI

Here is an example of some of the insane APY available. APY drops as more people join the liquidity pool…but you can’t argue with gains.
This is an LP that pays +15% daily interest and auto compounds earnings…these are hard to find and don’t last long…but it can hold over 1% for weeks…which is incredible!

1 Like

This will be a good long hold…buy a couple hundred dollars worth and let it stew for a few years. Cause Ericsson and Huawei aren’t leaders in 5g or anything! …and Lockheed who?

Tomorrow is the big announcement…staples center in LA will be known as the crypto.com arena.
#FortuneFavorsTheBrave $CRO

1 Like

#Over 9000 other crypto “investment tokens” and growing, unregistered securities one and all except for Bitcoin… caveat emptor.

-Bartering for tools.
-Using stones as currency.
-Gems/precious stones and metals.
-Old, old school “minted” coins.
-What we know as minted paper money and coins.
-Visa and debit cards.
-Online banking.
-Making money and using online services for everything (never having to leave the house and everything interconnected).
-Enter Bitcoin/crypto**
-Mass adoption of blockchain tech and crypto currencies.

I sometimes wonder if my great-granchildren will even use a coin or a dollar bill.

I’m not making an argument for or against cryptocurrencies in general… just noting that, according to the SEC, they are all unregistered securities except for Bitcoin. They all, or at least most, fail the Howey test. That means they’re going to get crushed by regulatory hammers sooner or later, because the average person is not going to wade through a dozen decentralized exchanges and cross-chain trades to buy them for investment purposes; for the same reason, because of securities laws, many of them will utterly fail at their given purpose of “decentralizing” whatever their specialization is.

If you show me a crypto token besides Bitcoin that has completely shed its association with its original creators, to the point where they can no longer be said to be “offering participation in a shared enterprise,” I’ll be less negative about that particular crypto. Most, if not all of them are for-profit enterprises, started by small teams and developed until they can be sold to VCs, who then proceed to look the other way while their legal investments are boosted by illegal sales of securities to retail investors - which is most of the people you’re talking to here, even if you’re an accredited investor. I’m just trying to lay out all the facts. Gensler has already said publicly that he considers most, if not all of these cryptos to be unregistered securities, even if he hasn’t gotten around to putting the exchanges on notice. They’re continuing to sell them until they’re forced to stop, and whoever’s left holding the bag will be unhappy just like XRP’s bagholders. That won’t necessarily stop the networks, of course… it’ll just stop the unbridled speculation in the market right now.

2 Likes