Black Lotus by Bodhi Co-Op Preservation seed run

That’s awesome :clap: :clap::clap::tada::tada::tada::tada:

11 Likes

Was cloning the female going to help? Or is 1 enough seeds for success on this great run?

2 Likes

A week ago @BackyardBoogie420 told me the female Black Lotus plant appeared to be fully pollinated and no calyx left un-fertilized, so imho no need to pollinate a clone.

14 Likes

You can certainly get a shitload of seeds from one plant.

13 Likes

Just count all the white hairs and you know :laughing:

7 Likes

It’s been a while since my last update, so I figured I should drop in a quick one. The sole lady has been trucking along well. She’s for sure loaded to the gills with seeds, and has a really interesting hashy/Snow Lotus smell. I wish I could give a better description of “Snow Lotus smell” but it’s really unique and distinct. It’s one where everyone seems to pick out a different smell, and no one’s ever wrong. So at this point patience is the name of the game to make sure the seeds are well matured before I take her down. I’m guessing another couple weeks. I tend to let seeded plants go pretty long, just to make sure the seed I pull is as viable as possible.

In other good news, I have just been approved for a Dank Sinatra F2 repro which I’m really excited about. Here’s the link to the thread for anyone interested!

72 Likes

Really awesome, you’re a busy man @BackyardBoogie420 :+1::green_heart:

3 Likes

That’s actually a spot on description of the smell I remember :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Well the day has finally come for harvest! I went a good bit longer than I ever would for smokin buds, but I wanted to make sure the seeds were as ripe and viable as possible. As it got more ripe, the smell became harder to put my finger on, but honestly really nice. It’s always really interesting the wild and unique smells those old school genetics can have. At this point it’s just layin out on a little dry rack. Normally I like to hang dry, but theres a bunch of seeds half popping out, and I dont wanna lose and floor seeds. The game plan at this point is just get it bone dry so I can shuck the seeds and get them out the door and in the hands of folks who want them.

84 Likes

Damn hard to find good indicas now a days. Thanks @BackyardBoogie420

7 Likes

Nice job man! Looks nice and frosty too. Good luck shuckin, it always takes forever haha.

9 Likes

I always considered snow lotus crosses more in the sativa category and the ghash as an indica

5 Likes

I’ve had snow lotus by itself and it was very indica. There’s a lil sativa in there though which i’m sure could express itself.

I kept the jar for reference as I was surprised at the THC level. It says hybrid but i’d say def is mostly indica.

!

19 Likes

I just harvested a snow lotus last week, the pheno I got was definitely a sativa leaner but I doubt I did her enough justice to hit 30% but it was a potent smoke. Shout out to Boogie for the f2’s

15 Likes

Nice. I also have some of those and plan on saving them to BX redundant goji f1 lines in the future.

4 Likes

Chop day is always a fun one. I can’t wait to see how many seeds you end up with!

Good job @BackyardBoogie420

8 Likes

Nice! How long did you flower for?

3 Likes

can’t beat their genetics -CSI - running Chem D (what a massive plant) then Chem 91 is next on list Got 9 packs of different genetics (chem line) when I ordered just 1 pack -Chem D - got dam near $1.000 in free seeds (still can’t believe it) Wish Bodhi offered female seeds !!

6 Likes

I had to make room in the tent so I chopped a little bit early at day 69 they could’ve easily went 80 days. Has a very unique scent to it, very earthy with some incense and a slight hint of some type of stone fruit but its very faint

10 Likes

My inner macguyver would be itching making one of those auto seed separating devices lolol

Great job brother i look forward to some f2s! :call_me_hand: :v:

4 Likes