Blackbeards Outdoor Grow

Haha that’s too funny. Thanks for the plant identification. I did top dress with neem cake.
Who would think that would even germinate.

1 Like

I second this…
Plenty of neem where I live and it sure looks similar.

2 Likes

Thanks for the notice for this grow! The doomsday diesel looks great. Tbh maybe you should just grow some neem and keep it around for KNF style nutrients and to make your own IPM.

1 Like

Thanks, I was thinking about keeping the neem around but It’s not doing very well. I transplanted it into a solo cup then it rained like crazy. It’s hanging on for dear life. I’ll update the pics on Monday. I like to do it every 2 weeks so I can see the progress.

2 Likes

Today’s update.

Plants are coming along.
Doomsday Diesel is flowering nice and slowly getting bigger. Buds are pretty dense.
Dark Tart is almost 6ft tall and starting to throw pistils.
Celestial Tremors and Black Dog are a little behind the Dark Tart but in beginning flower stage.
Not overly exciting but here they are:

Edit* It’s been raining a lot here this summer and it is very humid. Plants are still doing pretty well considering that.

Doomsday Diesel & Dark Tart

Celestial Tremors & Black Dog

Doomsday Diesel

Dark Tart

Celestial Tremors

Black Dog

7 Likes

It’s been a while Since I updated.
The Doomsday Diesel CBD is getting closer to harvest @ F60

The Dark Tart(CherrylimeOG X Lime1) is in flower and is about 6 ft tall.
I might thin her out in a few days

The Celestial Tremors and Black Dog are also in flower but about a week behind the Dark tart.
Celestial Tremors

Black DOG

For my 1st legal outdoor grow it’s coming along pretty good. Not perfect but not too shabby.

5 Likes

Yesterday The Doomsday Diesel CBD was chopped.

I did a bud wash then got her ready for the maiden use of the Cannatrol.
Buds were pretty big. One bud had the start of bud rot which didn’t surprise me with all the rain
we got this year.
The other plants are in flower and will probably be ready in October. Didn’t take ant photos of them.

4 Likes

It’s been a while. Grow is coming along pretty good.
Dark Tart smells really nice, like ripe fruit, cherrys and lime.

Celestial Tremors is more muted and smells like tootsie rolls

Black Dog smells like lavender and a little like perfume at times.

The weather here has been really hot and humid and it’s been raining a lot. A storm last week beat them up a little and I had to tie up some branches. I’m glad they are doing as good as they are considering this.

3 Likes

This may be the last post on this grow.
I went out to look at the ladies minutes ago. They got beat up pretty bad. It was raining all night and just let up. Turns out the main stem on the Black Dog bent over and broke. kinda was smushed, Not looking good. I taped the stem back together and tied more of her up. The Dark Tart had one branch that I had to tape together and tie up for support. I’ll see how resilient the ladies are and hope they bounce back

Nothing good about that, but you know how resilient our favorite plant is. Here’s hoping they pull through!

2 Likes

Thanks for the positivity. It is true about it being a resilient plant. Guess time will tell on how they pull through. A few lessons were learned this grow. I have more knowledge about my outdoor than I did when I started this year. Plus, Expect the unexpected.

3 Likes

Sorry to learn abt this bro.
The rains, especially around this time of the year can be a totall pisser growing outdoors.
I hope you’re able to nurse them back after all that batter.
Wishing you the best. :v:t3::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks Bro.
I will go check on them later. Hopefully they will rebound. I took cuts and will run them over the winter indoors. Not a total loss, but I do see what I need to do for next years outdoor.

1 Like

I just got back in from putting a few more stakes in and tying up the girls. They actually look pretty good for what they went through. I’ll see in a few days if the tape did the trick with fixing the broken stalk.

3 Likes

cheap rasp pi arduino light dep machine is the only thing really on my list of research projects this winter. cost isnt that bad for a standard set up but its heavily machinery and i dont have the hookup outside at my place.

at the very least the buds could provide some good testers to experiment with forms of washing? thats what i did with the early chops this year. hopefully the weather clears up for you.

1 Like

Good luck with the light dep set up. Sounds pretty cool. I prob wont do a light dep.
I only lost 1 branch, not too bad. As an experiment I put it in the cannatrol under the hold setting because I have stuff in my temp controlled beer fridge that I can’t take out right now. andI have buds in the cannatrol as well. If that doesn’t work out no big deal, but its worth a shot.

1 Like

Love how your grow turned out! :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::sunglasses::peace_symbol:

1 Like

Thanks Bro, Its still chugging along. Expecting heavy rains this weekend. Hope I secured the ladies good enough. I’ll find out soon enough.
It’s funny the last time I grew outside was when I was a teenager, don’t really remember much about it but I hardly did anything to the plants. maybe watered once. Plus the cops were hard asses around here. Glad that worry is over.

You could probably get away with using dowel through the enclosure they are in to help support. Seems like they all always get dicey at the end with the weight from the buds and rain with wind don’t help. Still can’t wait to grow outside next spring though.:partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::facepunch::+1::sunglasses::peace_symbol:

3 Likes

I put in some heavy metal poles, kinda like what stop signs are attached to. I will build something for next year that will support the plants better and If I can integrate the enclosure into the build i will. The hardware cloth did keep a lot of insects out which was a plus.

How many plants will you be able to grow outside?

It really makes a difference with an outdoor grow to supplement my indoor grow since I shut down the indoor due to heat.

1 Like