Blank slate, set up suggestions needed

I have seen those they look very interesting! I may have to give them a try!

Tx! Here’s what I suggest. I didn’t see the red tubs at my online Costco, so subbed in the yellow ones for dimensions.

3 tubs, turned sideways, with a U of walking space around them. Since you mentioned needing to keep your plants short, you’ll be wanting easy access to tend them. This allows that, and puts everything within easy reach. If it’s easy, most people do a better job and thus get better results. Fans could be set in room corners, and anything that takes floor space could go at the walls on the ends of the two dead-end pathways.

2 Likes

Very nice idea!! Thank you!

1 Like

Ok so I was thinking, if I moved the inside walls one way or another, would it be worth it for gaining more space and take some away from the other to make the “ideal space for both veg and flower? @Mrgreenthumb @RainToday @Ace71975

1 Like

What would everyone suggest for room sizes?
I’ve just taken some exact room specs, I’m currently entertaining the idea of moving the interior walls, so

excuse the non engineered drawing! :rofl:
Looking to do these rooms once for optimal space, functionality and quality! I may just do a separate post for the grow room/space reno if I can get a plan put in place combining peoples ideas and inputUploading: IMG_0465.jpeg...

One post here works for me :slight_smile:

I’m more busy today, but yeah, I think moving the walls so you could get more plants in your flower room would be good. Especially if you want to be able to run anything with a really long flower time, I think you’ll find it small otherwise.

Though that depends on how much space you are thinking you’ll need in your veg room in addition to baby plants - will you be keeping a bunch of mothers, for example.

With the soil tubs and filtered water, I suggest going all the way to SIPS.
There’s a great thread here - CrunchBerries’Probiotic SIP Thread

1 Like

Something I was looking at doing with it, did a drawing to see what it looked like and get some different opinions! @RainToday

1 Like

Nice!! I think you will be a lot happier with that :smiley: and btw, I have total space envy :green_heart::star_struck:

On the flower side, I can’t tell, but I assume you have a way to reach to work on the back of the back row planned :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, I’ll be able to reach into the back section to do work on the plants by just moving the next rows outside tub @RainToday I’ve already tried it out with the few tubs I have!

1 Like

Awesome! If you can stand to lose a couple inches headroom you could even put some wheels on those bins :smiley:

I’m excited to see your build!

1 Like

Ok now you have “the wheels” turning in my head about rolling tubs hahaha

1 Like

It’s pretty great. The ability to move plants around when one gets taller or shorter or bigger or smaller than its neighbors helps me a lot. Then I can keep the lights high in one area and lower them in another. If you’re growing batches & mostly from clones or well established homogenous lines its no big deal, but if you grow lots of random crosses in a perpetual like me its a huge deal.

1 Like

Trying to figure out my lighting set up for the rooms now, while keeping in mind trying to keep the power bill down, I have 2- 1000watt hps/ my fixtures, a 600 watt hps/mh fixture, a bios Icarus fixture and I have a bunch of older 400watt hps fixtures with magnetic ballasts.
I was think about purchasing a couple T5 fixtures to put over my young vegging plants in the 2.5gallon pots also.

Any input on how I should configure my lights until I can make the switch to all LED?

1 Like

@DougDawson any input for lighting setup or room design before I finalize it?

1 Like

Looks like your flower room is 4x 10 right? Or close to it. The 2 1000 would be able to covet that area

1 Like

Yes that’s right!

@Mrgreenthumb I may just use my LED and my 600-watt to do my mothers and then pick up a nice T5 6 or 8 bulb to do my small veg plants before they go into flower

The 400 watt lights you have would be better, excellent verging lights 2 should do it

1 Like

Use the t 5 f8 bulb for the mothers

1 Like

The 400watts I have are just HPS though, their older non conversion MH/HPS lights

1 Like