Blood sugar level while smoking?

He keeps something to eat at hand and claimed it was necessary in each case.

I would need to make a brownie and cut it in little pieces and eat a crumb throughout the day

3 Likes

Safety Beagle & Apathy Cat - modern super heroes for modern times :upside_down_face:

If you sit at home xxxxxxx xxxx xxx xxxx xxxxxxxx, you will die.

:couch_and_lamp:

:coffin:

:evergreen_tree: woohoo!

1 Like

Itā€™s only fair :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

You talking about this guy?

5 Likes

Iā€™ve suffered from episodes of fainting/blacking out linked to low blood sugar.
They came not necessarily from a high, but just in general day to day life, for about 10+ years now.
The episodes started at a point where I was suffering extreme anxiety and depression.
As my mentalnhealth has improved thee episodes have deceresed in frequency.

Smoking was a way to help reduce the feelings of anxiety and help me to relax.
However a poor diet noticeably effected these episodes when I would smoke.

I second this! :point_up_2:
Tsp of Coconut oil in my morning coffee, and a nettle/mint tea in the afternoon followed by a camomile tea before bed.

I think there is absolutely a link between a persons diet and the effects of a cultivars high. Hopefully as legalisation spreads around the world, more research will be done and well find out for sure.

:v:

2 Likes

Love this, hilarious but true!

1 Like

When you feel that cannabis affects your blood sugar, you probably suffer from overweight and have symptoms of diabetes type b. Smoking weed treats the symptoms but a healthier lifestyle is needed to prevent the disease from further development. Try eating half of what you are used to and avoid white bread.

2 Likes

complete opposite with me.

This is the sort of thing most would never think aboutā€¦ but seems to be one of several things affecting individual response.

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

The extent to which our diets effect, not only our bodies but our minds, is massively underestimated.
Even the link of our gut health to our mental health is not fully understood, appreciated or even being fully researched.

I remember learning years ago about trans fats and how they inhibit memeory, literally making you stupid.
While my diet today is still far from perfect, Iā€™m very aware of the effects that come from a poor diet, so Iā€™m always trying to improve and learn more about it.

There are quite a few ways I believe diet could effect your high. Foods that speed up metabolism will for instance surely give you a shorter duration high as you burn through it quicker. While consuming foods with a lot of fat in them before smoking, would likely prolong the duration of the high as THC binds with fats and would then have a slower release in the body.
Consuming the right foods to ensure that we have a healthy and functioning endocannabinoid system will also play a role in how we perceive highs.

:v:

4 Likes

Well than i assume you suffer from underweight which can mess with your blood sugar too.

1 Like

It certainly is, i can testify when many years back i leaned towards obese. Round 16 hours every afternoon i got shaky and blamed the weed. But after i changed my lifestyle and lost many pounds, my blood sugar is stable during the whole day. I donā€™t have to eat during the afternoon can smoke a pound and still do not get shaky.

2 Likes