Bloated stomach after smoking cannabis

I’ve been smoking weed daily for over 40 years, never had a problem until recently.
Now if I have a spliff, I instantly get a bloated stomach, it fills up with gas. The gas also moves up into my chest making it tight and difficult to breath, I also get a tight throat, making it hard to swollow and it makes me snort at the back of my throat when I try to breath in through my nose.

It’s not nice

I don’t think it’s a panic attack as I’m not panicking,

If I do some exercises and belch the wind out it dies down and I can breath again.

I only have the symptoms when I’m stoned

Anyone any ideas what it is or every had this yourself

10 Likes

Check your fertilizers

1 Like

I only use organic ferts and I also get it if I smoke hash or someone else weed

2 Likes

Wild, hadn’t heard of that so I did some Googling:

Other reports on another forum of something similar:

6 Likes

Cheers man

I never heard of it before but after reading that I reckon that’s it.

The effects are near instant after I have a spliff.
I read some were we’ve got cannabinoid receptors in the brain and in the stomach, maybe ones over powering the other?

I’ll give the weed a rest for a few days, see what happens.

8 Likes

Hope it’ll be resolved. Let us know how it works out.

3 Likes

There are certain strains that I’ve had from the dispensaries that would give me terrible acid reflex which never get. Sour alien was one that did it everytime I smoke. I guessing it’s just the strain that your friend currently has.

1 Like

I’ve had that happen just not with canna though. Weird.

Only side effect I get sometimes is my eyes will start to flutter/ blink real fast.

I’ve got “IBS” according to one MD, but it’s a catch-all phrase for “we don’t know”. Seriously. :unamused:

So that’s one tangent.

Then there’s the unintentional ingestion of smoke due to weak lungs. Which I theorize is why smokers of ANYTHING have higher incidences of GI & bladder cancers.

Hernias. They happen & can be tiny or huge so if you;ve got medical care, seek it out. :nerd_face: :pray:

Sudden changes are always a thing to recognize. Good on you for bowing to your body… I’m still at war. :sweat_smile: :wind_face: :poop:

I’ve found a clockwise abdominal massage to help the colon do it’s thing, and laying on a pillow or exercise-ball help sometimes too.

Best wishes. :v:

:evergreen_tree: :man_health_worker: :herb:

8 Likes

Yeah I’ve had some GI issues since I was 6ish. Excercise is very important, according to my surgeon,lol. Umm…Water, fruit, non-processed foods, etc.
The Probiotic Drinks are supposed to be good, I just couldn’t get into them. I’m forgetting a lot. He did say water and excercise (till ya sweat) were the best things to start with. YMMV

5 Likes

How have things progressed for ya? I am dealing with this exact thing. Symptoms are what you described to a T. Also have noticed that Indica is less severe over Sativa. My problem is I can’t burp either. Tried all the techniques. Also seems to we worse when I’m less active over a period of months.

3 Likes

try drinking something bubbly :champagne: :wink: :v:

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

Sounds like you have gas building up inside your intestines which you struggle to clear. Moving around helps your gut move stuff along which is why it’s worse during periods of inactivity. Smokers also tend to swallow smoke and air, google aerophagia. I get so bloated sometimes i can barely breath and my back aches like hell. It’s taken years but i learned how to shift it by literally swallowing as much air as i can while inhaling a deep breath. Force it right down into my belly and let it fill my lungs right up . Then hold it in for a few seconds before exhaling. If i do this repeatedly for a few minutes the gas starts shifting, then the burping and farting really gets going lol.

Cannabis is very good at masking bowel disorders so try doing without for a couple of days to see how you get on

4 Likes

Hey Billy,

You are not alone with this!

I’ve been dealing with the exact same feeling as you by the sounds of it for a couple of year’s now. Only happens when I smoke and only came on over the last couple of years after smoking 10+years previously with no issues. Bloating of the stomach after smoking, tightness in throat and difficulty breathing sometimes just a generally uncomfortable feeling. Sometimes I have to lie down as it makes my heart rate faster until it passes but it always does pass but it’s getting in the way now and I kind of expect it, I get sweaty palms after sometimes if it’s really bad. I’ve tried everything from cutting out milk, coffee for the caffeine everything that I could think of that might interfere with my digestive system when I smoke bud. Did you manage to find anything that works because this is the first person I’ve found with the same symptoms?

Many thanks, Miles :metal::+1:

6 Likes

Hey there , i have the exact same issue and it is devestating for me, as it leads to a cycle of panics , please let us know if u get to something

6 Likes

Hello, I’m so happy and sad to see people unfortunately having the same weed issue. It all started when I got stomach virus and still was smoking weed. After the stomach virus subdued. I had bubble guts for months on in. I love weed but unfortunately no matter how long I take from smoking weed : everytime I smoke :

I get filled with gas that you can literally hear rumble around. It does get better when I burp so I think it’s due to gas. However, I find it better when I have edibles like it will happen but less likely. Joints and blunts are the worst for me so I only can vape. I always do like have those symptoms when I do t smoke so sadly I think I will just have to give up smoking. I use to think smoking helped the problem but it’s sadly what’s causing it. I can drink or even do Lsd and it’s not as bad as weed. If you still want to smoke I recommend taking probiotics and have fiber and ginger all the time

4 Likes

Ive had the same issue, what helped me was changing my diet to a more high alkali diet so id include, apples, bananas , raisins , porridge and green salads basically anything with a higher ph level between 6-8, id also tried cardio along with core exercises i.e abdominal strength exercises and after a week or so when id smoke i wudnt feel much bloating and higher heart rate etc, id have a more relaxing high. Little tip also… focus mostly on your core strength, that will be most effective, running and cycling also involve the core and it is a good cardio exercise but definetley include strength for the core e.g crunches

4 Likes

Hi. I just read your posts. I’m anxious to know if you figured out what was causing the gas and bloating. I’ve been having the exact same symptoms for 6 months and doctors can’t figure out what it is. I look forward to heating back f on you

2 Likes

Hi. I’m curious to know if you’ve figured out what the problem was. I’ve had the exact same symptoms for 6 months and doctors can not figure out what it is. I’m in excruciating discomfort every single night.

2 Likes

The only thing that should enter your lungs is clean air, that’s what they’re designed for. If you keep polluting them ofcourse you’ll get in trouble. Just switch to eating your weed.

Also drink much more water or organic tea with lemon and a few grains of salt.

Microdosing Cannabis

One teaspoon of cannabis a day keeps the doctor away.

Harvest and dry the cannabis.

I clip the leaves at harvest because I like eating them fresh, and adding them to soups and dishes. I found that when I ate the leaves at the same time as the decarboxylated flowers and stems, it was a different, more potent experience.

Grind the dried buds and little stems into a pot that is placed into a bigger pot with water. Place the lid on the pot containing the cannabis and bring the water to a boil for 3 hours. Add water often, as it evaporates make sure there is always contact between the water and the pot on top. It’s ok if the water stops boiling for couple of minutes now and then.

There’s a company that offers electronic decarboxylating devices claiming it ensures maximum THC levels. However, in my personal experience I found to benefit most from broad spectrum cannabinoids. If you heat cannabis at 100 degrees Celsius for three hours then some THCA will still be left, a lot of THC will be there, and during the 3 hours some of the THC breaks down into other cannabinoids again, and every single one of them is beneficial.

Let cool and store in jars in a cold dark place.

Then just eat half or one teaspoon a day. After a while you might find you need some more, then you go to two teaspoons a day. Then after a while you can go back to one spoon, and you switch as necessary.

This method helps me think clearly and control my thoughts, massively reduced anxiety, suicidal depression is long gone, no more insomnia, and I stopped drinking, increased creativity and problem solving, profound meditations and body connecting with, and being nourished by soul. Together with affirmations and letting go of everything and everyone that is not beneficial to my health, a general feeling of peace has become my first nature.

For me, this has the most beneficial effect on my wellbeing.

https://divine-nonchalance.tumblr.com/post/635247335106052096/microdosing-cannabis

1 Like