Anyone have diabetes?

Lately the bottoms of my feet have started getting numb and tingling
I m wondering if this is diabetes? I have the tremendous thirst at night and if I drink water I’m up in fifteen minutes to piss. I can’t get a good night sleep without a glass of juice by the bed to sip it
I’m about thirty-five pounds over weight. Drink sweet tea all day…I’m switching to the unsweetened!

9 Likes

Sounds like you are the very least insulin resistant which is step 1.

Probably should go see a doctor instead of conferring with us useless stoners though haha.

18 Likes

Depending on age and family history it could very well be diabetes.

Definitely consult with a doctor. They will read your fasting glucose levels and theres a reading that measures your glucose swings over time. Forget ehat its called a1c maybe.

There are other sugar disorders too like reactive hyperglycemia and hypoglycemia.

6 Likes

Lots of my dr friends are stoners! No really I want to know others opinion before going to see a damn dr who will prescribe some fancy new pill

3 Likes

You’re describing the classic symptoms of diabetes wondering if you have diabetes go see a medical professional like, yesterday. Adult onset diabetes is more or less reversible. Get it fixed now before you’re managing a chronic disease for the rest of your life.

Like Squirt said too, there are other sugar disorders a doctor will tell you what you need to do. If someone on this board’s day job was being a doctor, he’d tell you the same thing.

7 Likes

Sounds like you need to go to the doctor and get a HBA1C drawn. This is a measure of your fasting glucose over the past three months. If it’s elevated usually the first medication is Metformin due to cost and low side effect profile. Although dropping the sweet tea and all sugary beverages will definitely help!

6 Likes

You can get rid of type 2 diabetes by changing your diet alone.
Doctors can and will prescribe medication obviously, big pharma wants your money and wants to keep you hooked on their shit.
Drastically reduce meat and dairy intake. Lose weight.
Eat your cannabis instead smoking it.
Replace butter with virgin organic coconut oil.
Coconut oil has been proven to help with diabetes.
Add more fiber to your diet, root vegetables like black raddish are great. Chickpeas too. When it comes to bread and pasta eat only whole grain. Replace wheat with spelt or other alternatives. Fiber slows down glucose uptake.
Spirulina wouldn’t hurt either.

8 Likes

I was classified as type 2 diabetic over 10 years ago. you have most of the classic symptoms of type 2 diabetes that I am aware of and you should get it checked by a doctor as soon as you can! At one point, I was checking my glucose 3 times a day and taking 30/70 insulin 120 units 3 times a day. My ‘sugar’ as my parents would call it, was getting ugly. It was due too stress, and uncontrolled pain. I’ve tried to eliminate all of the stress in my life, but my wife keeps finding me, I don’t know how, or why, it just happens… oh well! and pain, well I can’t control that by any means other than meditating, stretching, and cannabis! I think once I started smoking regularly my sugar improved as well. I no longer use insulin at all, and only take one diabetes supplemental tablet a day. that is a pretty good trade off in my opinion, but I do smoke a lot of weed!

regards,

7 Likes

Thanks everyone!
@Rogue
Im already gluten and dairy free…I guess I will eat vegetables and fruit :peach:

3 Likes

I don’t want you to be scared, but my diabetes has manifested itself in the same way as your symptoms. has your vision also deteriorated?

2 Likes

Nothing to be afraid of. Type 2 diabetes isnt a death sentence. It can more often than not be reversed and may save you from a heart attack or other health issues that come with unhealthy lifestyles over a long period of time. Of course if you dont take it as a wake up call to get your health in order yes it can be a death sentence. Or at least a poor quality of life sentence.

Type 1 is more worrisome

1 Like

I don’t notice any vision issues and I’m not gonna let this take me. I’m gonna change my diet today
Starting with sweet tea.

4 Likes

Taking good care of yourself is perhaps the best way of sticking it to the man.
You can do it. Beginning is the worst part, keeping it up is easy once you’re used to the change. Especially once you notice the improvements in quality of life.

4 Likes

Thanks I’m gonna start looking for some weight loss weed tonight

1 Like

After I recovered from cancer I said fuck it and started doing dabs until I couldn’t function and eating horribly. Drinking pop everyday, candy, fast food and baked goods.

Developed adult onset type 2 and was able to recover from it by reverting to a healthy diet and losimf weight.

3 Likes

Nah, that’s NOT how it works NOW, Bro. Wife is Diabetic and have several friends the same. Neuropathy can be debilitating, don’t put it off, please. You may find some relief using @Sebring’s Luscious Body Cream (with transdermal moisturizing), Double Strength @X, diygreenlife.com The friend with the acute neuropathy in the feet ONLY found relief after I referenced him. Do something, it can only get worse. Take your health/well being in your own hands. Best of luck, SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

I started today
Fruit from breakfast and lunch and a reasonable dinner about five hundred calories
I will go see the MD but I’m starting my plan to lose weight now

2 Likes

Pick up a cheap glucometer at Walmart reli-on brand $9 for the meter 9$ for the strips. check your fasting glucose when you wake up in the morning.
I have type 1.5 likely either from constant depleted uranium exposure or the experimental anthrax vaccine we were given before deploying to Iraq. Its a pain in the ass to deal with. Good new is type 2 is reversible if you’re disciplined enough to stick with a keto diet for awhile and make strength training a priority (obviously you should do cardio as well) but muscle mass increases insulin sensitivity dramatically which is why it should be your main focus.

3 Likes

That’s good to know. @EugeneDebs420
I will order a glucose meter tonight from Amazon probably

1 Like

You’ll pay way more on amazon, $50- $60 for a meter and another $40-$70 for the strips depending on brand. I keep a spare for when I’m waiting on refills works just as good as the expensive one the Dr gave me.