Blue dream x super lemon haze collaboration

Congratulations!! That hunt is looking wonderful and the plants are well trained beauties. I´m tagging along :smiley:

3 Likes

Here are the BD females I have flowering to see how they do :sunglasses:
1 is under a trellis, was gonna do them all but was getting pretty full.

18 Likes

Nice! Looking healthy.

May I please ask for a tour of your setup? Would you please explain how you have your watering system and catch tray built? What’s in the ammo box?

3 Likes

LOL. that’s exactly what went through my mind while looking at those pics.
:green_heart:

2 Likes

The watering system that I use for other plants is the octopup setup. You can find it in the forums :sunglasses: @GrouchyOldMan helped me out a bunch :sunglasses:
But basically it is an dwc/soil combo :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: small Rez under a fabric pot. The plants grow through the soil then through a net pot into the Rez. Then no more top water.
The ammo can is the control box that manages the level of the water in the Rez under the pot. And I have a 10-12 gallon Rez that feeds it.

Here’s a link to a video I made.

17 Likes

Greetings @MNGrower,

Thanks for the tag and best of luck on your grow. That’s a very clean implementation!

I hope you’ll post your video on the Autofiller thread, I’m sure others will appreciate seeing your system in action.

Do it yourself MicroOctopot Auto Fill System

-Grouchy

5 Likes

I think it is already over there? I will have to look :thinking:

1 Like

Well I moved the SLH to its own tent.
Got a positive on 1 female which is the one that I up potted cause she is gonna flower out bigger :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
2 others look female, waiting a couple days. And the other one hasn’t shown yet so that’s why they’ve been flipped to 12/12
I’m hoping they aren’t all females :joy::joy: just my luck pop 4 looking for a male and all show as females :joy::joy::joy:

Here’s the pics of them in the tent rockin the old blurple light :sunglasses:

20 Likes

Today separated the male and one female from the other 2 SLH plants.

Here’s the 2 going into the tent to get some pollen from.

Male is on the right and the other pics are of the male sacks :sunglasses:

Now to harvest pollen and wait for the BD clones to mature :sunglasses:

20 Likes

Little update on the girls growing. Still thinking plant #1 is my favorite, plant structure and bud structure.
Discovered that apparently #2 doesn’t really like the scrog. She is a bit behind the other 2 with bud sites. Probably Blue Dream, since in my opinion is a stretchy tall plant, doesn’t like to be scrogged. First time I’ve put a taller growing plant under it.

13 Likes

Looks good. How far in 12/12 now? Are you starting to get any aromas?

2 Likes

BD is mid week 4 of flower. Probably week 5-6 after flip.
It’s hard for me to tell right now cause my stupid nose is being dumb. I’m gonna have to get my nose up on them.
After I had teeth pulled my sinuses have been shot. :man_shrugging::man_facepalming:

I’ll get ya an update on that one soon. Usually wait a bit longer and then I do a smell/rub test :sunglasses:

The BD is super nice though in my opinion. Love how they are filling out. #1 is definitely my favorite for look and growth.

But 4 days from last pics of the SLH and he looks like this.

18 Likes

looking good in here. one of my favorite strains was dreamberry haze. This sounds like it could hit that profile. :yum:

3 Likes

Definitely could :thinking:
Can’t wait to get the first set of seeds off these. Gonna be a while yet. Gotta collect that pollen and get those clones ready :sunglasses:

3 Likes

@Tracker
Ok so did a little sniff test today on the BD and here are pics of the buds and a bit of the aromas I’m getting.
Will post later about the SLH aromas.

So far, since the beginning, plant #1 was the plant I was hoping would be my main focus plant, but that has now changed seeing the trichome production of that plant. It is lacking quite a bit. This could all change though as the plant continues to grow.
You can see my notes below about the plants

Plant #1 - Lemon Cleaner Smell. Fluffy looking structure with long pistols. Lacking on trichome production.

Plant #2 - Lemon, Berry sweet smell. Tighter structure and darker in color to the plant. Good amount of trichomes.

Plant #3 - Lemon Cleaner, Funk. Definitely more pungent smell. Middle of tightness on the structure, middle length pistols. Also a good amount of trichomes.

9 Likes

Pollen was collected today :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
He was generous for sure.

Also the female in the tent for sure got hit and I will have some SLH F7 seeds :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

14 Likes

Little update on the SLH female that got pollinated. In week 4 of flower. She isn’t bulking up and is putting on seeds :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

19 Likes

Checking in on a small update. Waiting for the 3 BD to finish so I can harvest and get to testing them for aroma and smoke :blush:

Once I have those through the drying phase I can have my tent to pollinate the BD clones. They are getting big waiting haha :joy:

So far all 3 BD females look great, I’ll post some pics after a bit. Still plant 1 is looking the most different with the whole furry look :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: she probably won’t be the final seed mother but I’m gonna pollinate her clone anyway so I can see what her offspring are like :relaxed:

7 Likes

Plant #1

Plant #2

Plant #3

16 Likes

It’s nice to see how things are progressing. I like your idea to pollinate anyways to peek at the offspring. They’re little treasures! Hope you’re having a pleasant day. Many blessings and much love

5 Likes