Blue Moonshine - Where did it go?!

Is anyone still working with Blue Moonshine? It seems to have dropped off the face of the earth. It used to be pretty popular, but I can’t find it anywhere.

17 Likes

Mosca had a Blue Moonshine project he ran, Old Time Moonshine I believe it was, but I think maybe @Enjoi802 might have some more info? :pray:….

10 Likes

Yea I’ve got some of @Enjoi802’s Purple Moonshine F2 which uses Mosca’s OTM. Shoud be a good one! Maybe he can drop some more info on BM. Hoping someone can point me in the direction of some F-gen BM beans from somewhere.

12 Likes

I hope so too… that’s gonna be a tough one, but you never can tell what treasures are hiding around here… good luck! :four_leaf_clover::+1:

3 Likes

Here, someone on IG, someone’s roomates’ uncle lol… Been searching for “moonshine” on most seedbanks and even moonshine crosses are pretty limited

3 Likes

I don’t know about Blue Moonshine, but I’m pretty sure Mosca OTM BX is around here somewhere….maybe even the DJ’s OTM 5.5 that he released a little while ago.

3 Likes

Ive only seen old time moonshine around - which is a later f5 generation of blue moonshine. I think blue moonshine was a f3 or f4 blueberry line. DJ has done a few releases with old time moonshine - havent seen many reports on them. Ive got the old time 5.5, and a freebie BBf4x otm.
It does seem like blue moonshine had some
magic in it - just based on bodhis bubbashine crosses which have that blue muffin goodness!

11 Likes

It’s old time moonshine( dj shorts) x gdp (mel franks) if I remember right. I have a pack also I bet there’s fire in there

4 Likes

I still MIGHT have OTM in my “Stash Bag”…“MIGHT”!! I’ll do a physical check after returning home. I do believe it was “OTM 5.5”, but don’t quote me on that just yet. We’ll see, SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: NOTE: Is a “Seed Run” planned???

8 Likes

Wow @misterbee that would be incredible… Seed run would def be planned for the beginning of next year. I’ve got some clones to run once this Ghost Train Haze decides to finish lol, and then my grow area is free.

11 Likes

I’m pretty sure Josh Blue at Blue Star Seed co. is currently working with Blue Moonshine and Floodica as part of their joint projects. Looking forward to picking some of their work up as it becomes available. Much love

6 Likes

I just cruised their IG and they do have some OTM crosses in the works. He responded to a post 6 weeks ago saying there was no timeline on a release and that it would be a while before any OTM crosses would be released, though. They also dropped a pic of the Flodica F40 and B167 BM beans that you mentioned, so that might be another cross. I’m not looking for crosses as much as straight BM or OTM though. Another rare BM cross is Tripleproof Moonshine from Kaya, but I’m not sure if any seeds were ever released.

gh46757yj67

8 Likes

Oh that tripleproof sounds exactly like what we want. or at least me lol.

I know bodhi said he used the “rare stretch-indica pheno” of blue moonshine for his bubbashine cross :thinking:

7 Likes

Yea that Tripleproof would be right up my alley too lol. There was one cross I could find with the TPM called Grendel from The Blazing Pistileros. Not sure how they acquired the TPM for their cross though. I searched OG and a few people here have ran some Grendel beans that were acquired from OleReynard so I’d presume that they might still be around in some capacity

6 Likes

Josh takes his time on everything before he releases anything. Any crosses he makes he’ll run 2-3 times to make sure they’re good to release to the public. So he may not release any otm crosses til mid-late next year. He’s got some fem projects in the works right now and maybe some “mean mug” crosses and fems. But no clue on release dates for those.

3 Likes

I have Olereynard’s Grendal and plan on running it this fall.

I’d try DJ or maybe even Mel Franks and ToddMc’s listings. Mel may have it.

4 Likes

I have Purple moonshine. Would that work?

2 Likes

If they are the ones from Enjoi802 I already have a bunch!

2 Likes

Yes they are…

2 Likes

I saw somebody growing the clone about 6 years ago but not sense.

1 Like