Blueberry Muffin F2's

Hey guys, new to the “new” Overgrow but not some of the other cannabis forums.

I first smoked some Humboldt Blueberry Muffin back in 08 or 09 and I fell in love. I just couldn’t believe those nugs actually smelled like freshly baked blueberries.

I’ve been wanting to run Blueberry Muffin for years but finally took advantage of an opportunity to snag a pack of 15x F2’s.

I’m super excited to hunt through the pack, but I have never ran F2’s and my understanding is there could be much greater genetic variation.

I’m hopeful out of the pack of 15 I’ll get at least 3 vigorous females and take cuts and flower them out and see how they run.

My question to those with more experience with F2 beans is I’d like to set my expectations. How likely out of a pack of 15 beans will it be to find a good keeper that expresses this scents? I realize finding the holy grail or perfect representation of the strain is unrealistic but do I at least have a chance of finding some baked blueberry-smelling phenos?

Thanks in advance and any insights are greatly appreciated!

19 Likes

I think it depends who made the F2s.

FWIW you can buy them from HSC, here’s some examples:

https://northatlanticseed.com/product/blueberry-muffin/

https://gaslampseeds.com/product/humboldt-seed-company-blueberry-muffin/

If it’s really F9 generation and you don’t have a totally different strain, I’d expect F2s (which in reality would be Fx+1. Maybe dependent on the year they were made. I think generally after F4,F5 things are considered an IBL and should be “stable”.

5 Likes

believe that Blue Muffin is Humbolyts flagship strain

3 Likes

According to Seedfinder, HSC Blueberry Muffin is an F9 double breeding line.

So, what you have are probably not really “F2”.
You will likely get very uniform plants.

I have three fem seeds that I got from HSC as freebies and have been wanting to make fem increase, but I don’t know if I’ll ever get around to it.

5 Likes

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate the feedback and insights. The “F2’s” were made by a good grower friend of mine that I’ve known for many years and we’ve shared genetics before. I trust him and he’s always given me what he’s told me it is.

I realize I could have always bought the beans direct from Humboldt, but I already have a pretty big seed backlog and just have never prioritized it. This opportunity came up for basically free (just pay regular postage for seeds) so I had to snag them.

He made these seeds from Humboldt’s stock from his best female and a selected male that expressed delicious smells. Hawkman, yes, I believe its their signature/flagship strain; and for good reason. The quarter ounce I got ahold of several years ago smelled identical to freshly baked blueberry muffins, it was seriously insane. Great high too.

I’m hoping for some fairly uniform plants and to end up with a keeper female with that same smell. I guess I can always make my own beans too and keep hunting if it doesn’t happen. Thanks again!

6 Likes

I agree. They’re Blueberry Muffin fems are F9
I also has some I’ve been wanting to multiply. )

3 Likes

So can it be called an “InBread Line” ? because it went further that an F-7 ? correct ? Have only heard of 1 bad review of this strain - But still want to run it

3 Likes

Probably, but I’m not the right guy to ask.

2 Likes

I’m not the person to answer this type of question either. I’m sorry.

Pretty much depends who you ask. IMO it’s inbred enough to be fairly stable. I guess it doesn’t qualify according to the standard scientific definition, which I may or may not be presenting accurately since I’m just doing research online in my boxers. :stuck_out_tongue: Looks like that’s F20, or more like F150 if you were breeding them to truly be clones of each other.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/biochemistry-genetics-and-molecular-biology/inbred-strain

Given the standards of cannabis breeders, on the other hand, I’d feel very comfortable calling this a highly inbred cannabis line and saying that you could use it as a parent for a mostly “true” F1. If what you want is to make seeds the same as the parent, it should be fairly easy and probably wouldn’t involve much selection.

5 Likes

It’s a beautiful plant too, very colorful. Youtube has a dude with a massive grow if all blue muffins. They look mouth watering. Check it out, from humboldt seeds too.

3 Likes

Thanks great info - cleared up some question I have - always thought that F-7’s was the turning point for inbread. WoW we are talking about some time consuming breeding 20 x’s

3 Likes

Not only is it an amazing smelling and tasting strain, but it flowers quicker than most things out there! Even stuff it’s crossed with seem to flower early. Here’s a Blueberry Muffin tester I’m growing now:

Fuji Apple Cookie x Blueberry Muffin, we call her FAB MC. This thing didn’t show flower for 3 weeks (my tent was too cold) but once it did, it flew past everything & looks a week ahead of everything else.

He also gave me some Gorilla Glue and Vanilla Frosting crossed with this same Blueberry Muffin male which I haven’t gotten to yet.

8 Likes

I was just talking about this variety, this morning. Discussing its super fast flowering time of 45days. Crazy fast.

5 Likes

I grew it outdoors and it took 8 weeks Oct 8th pull. I’m not sure why Humbolt Seed Co hypes it as a 45-day strain. It is a badass 5-star strain though.

17 Likes

I’m going to have to get some Muffin - this post made up my mind !!! Thanks They say it taste like blue berry ? hope it does

5 Likes

I have taken the cut I’ve been running about a year indoors at 7, 8 and 9 weeks. and honestly prefer it more at 7 weeks. If I let it go longer it gets more floral and loses a bit of the intense blueberry smell.

Mine was hunted from a pack of feminized seed though, not sure if yours is from a nursery or if also from seed. Would make a difference in finishing time potentially.

What I really like about this line is even the smell of the smoke in a room smells like blueberries after you’re done toking!

3 Likes

Yeah, mine was a nursery cut that was 8 weeks. They were right on too. I took it 30% amber all the rest milky, maybe a few clear Oct 8th

Yeah, the harvest smell is intense and keeps getting better as it cures. 5 stars on terps easy

3 Likes

They look great by they way, something about sun-grown bud for sure!

2 Likes

Thank you, I do love my outdoor a lot. :sunglasses: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :peace_symbol:

2 Likes