Bodhi Guide - Seed and Strain Discussion (Part 1)

here I have to agree with you! and I will say even more that in some cases the next generation from the germ sometimes has no germ at all.
For example, I like Polm Gold Outdoor from Spliff Seeds a lot, but about 75% of the plants have germ symptoms (probably that’s why the line was discontinued and is no longer available). In order to preserve my favorite variety (which is no longer available) I crossed it with many of my boys. And I have to tell you that some of the crosses had no signs of hermy at all! out of more than 100 plants that have been grown I have not found a single one with germy symptoms.

At the same time, sometimes, parents who did not have these signs manifest them in future births. For example, none of the Space Monkey plants showed signs of germ. Also, f2 SM had no sign. But when I did bx1 (SM#6 x (SM#6 x SM#3)) two plants out of 10 showed the first week 12/12 flowers near the trunk.

therefore, I agree with you that the use of parents with germ traits will not increase their percentage in generations, but the fact that this gene will be present and can manifest itself in a poor plant is indisputable.

to reduce the percentage of this trait in generations, it is necessary to use not only plants that do not have the trait (because it can be hidden), but plants that have passed testing… previously I used the method of “stressing the plant with light”, this is when the plant is turned on several times at night for the night Pure girls with XX thunderosomes do not show signs of germs, all others are forced to show them. In this way, I got the desired results from the offspring.

just my experience, which does not pretend to be the absolute truth…

10 Likes

Sometimes maybe better to keep one’s mouth shut and appear ignorant than to open it and remove all doubt. It is not always 50:50 and you don’t know what you are talking about. Just calling a spade a spade right?

5 Likes

Anybody ever run bodhi deep line alchemy 16 beans?

13 Likes

I got one in early flower right now

9 Likes

Do you have a post up covering it? The parent strains really caught my eye. 80s black afghan X 88g13hp. Really would like to see how that turns out if i can.

6 Likes

No here’s a pic

23 Likes

When she gets a bit further along I’ll post some more

6 Likes

Please do i would love to tag along

4 Likes

That’s a really interesting looking leaf shape and the hairs too…

8 Likes

I haven’t actually smoked any of Prayer Tower yet. I made edibles out of the f1 because it was seeded, and edibles were really nice but I find it hard to judge sativas that way. When I grew out the f2s they got bud rot before they finished. The aromas coming off plants I am growing right now are just starting, they are sort of a citrus and tropical blend, vaguely but not quite lemon mixed with vaguely but not quite guava.

14 Likes

Got 4 Pinball Wizard and 6 Dread Bread in the Viva Towel Sauna!
Chopped 2 Jalalabad 12/12 from seed yesterday. Starting some foxtails. 20% amber, most trichs clouded. Smells of forest and exotic incense. One is a bit loud. Both frosty and sticky.

23 Likes

Close to finished. Triple Sunshine C (tk x ssdd) ~day 70

In my opinion it’s definitely worth popping the beans Bodhi made with the ssdd dad. So far everything I’ve tried that he made with it has been great.

41 Likes

I agree. I’ve only run Field Trip, but it was great. And every other SSDD cross I’ve seen looks very good.

Bodhi had a SSDD male, lost it, and then actually spent years trying to find another one. I don’t think he’s ever lost something and tried to get it back. Usually once his male is gone, it’s gone for good. So there must be something special about SSDD that he spent that much time trying to find a replacement

16 Likes

Bad Dawg Freebie ‘Pushine’ (Putang x Sunshine 4)

Mothers Milk x Ancient OG F3

Bag of Oranges x Ancient OG F3

39 Likes

Only got two girls in my pack of Kush 4 x SSDD. They are a little over two weeks from flip. Vegged for a little over 5 weeks, started to get a bit big for the 3 gals.

35 Likes

Can’t wait for the coop run to finish

13 Likes

Made a few Panama x a1 afghan x 88g13hp seeds from bodhi limited drop. The mother was a super heavy sativa leaner, grower(hoarder) beware. Stretch until week 6+. I’ll take 2 dibs.

29 Likes

Dibs for them if available! Thanks @Slammedsonoma420

9 Likes

You got it.

9 Likes