Bodhi Guide - Seed and Strain Discussion (Part 2)

Interesting stuff I just found looking up some old Bodhi posts about Bubbashine and it’s hybrids with both the infamous lost dad and also the mom used in Bubbashine x Kashmir (limited freebie along with the BS x GHash and other crosses like A11G).

So I found this dug up by @HolyAngel off Breedbay, where Bodhi makes a few references I wanted to chase down and had some success with:

In there Bodhi mentions “the tex cut” which would have been Texas Kid, by his posts he was growing it OD by summer 2009 in Colorado:

By 2012 Tex is saying that there were F3(ish) floating around forums, he’s commenting here on someone in Colorado growing some Bubbashine in a greenhouse, good log!

Guess those might have come from his F2s

He was cropping all sorts of Bodhi stuff through a Westminster CO dispensary if that rings a bell for anyone from Colorado at that time:

Now untangling the “he calls it Bubba Blue” statement by Bodhi is a little less clear.

In that thread someone also mentions that there’s a Rare Dankness hybrid named Stone Mountain with the same lineage, except it was Katsu cut Bubba, people may be familiar with Scott’s incross/outcross of SM to both Katsu and Pre-98 Bubba cuts which was known as The Ox:

Some OX grow photos from that thread:

https://www.icmag.com/threads/the-ox.239738/post-7286335

And then there was also a THIRD identical hybrid by OG Raskal around the same late Aughts:

Killer vault list here from 2008, great for researching old strains:

In the end, I haven’t been able to figure out who the “he” is that is calling it Blue Bubba, and whether Bodhi collaborated with that person or got the seeds from them (maybe Scott/MoonshineMan/RD or OG Raskal) or if they were the main tester, perhaps Texas Kid who did call it that sometimes. Confusing things is that it’s a pretty basic name for any cross of that general type, for example Hazeman has sold a Blue Bubba for many years that is Blue God x Pre-98 BK.

22 Likes