Bodhi Guide - Seed and Strain Discussion (Part 2)

Squat, smelled like hamburgers. Not at all what I was expecting. :rofl:

6 Likes

What makes it a magic line in your opinion? Really interested in hearing about the pure line!

7 Likes

I planted one Moms lemon cream pie and it had a tail within a day of being in a wet paper towel. I have two Shakedown street right now that don’t want to crack, first time it has happened with Bodhi stuff for me as well.

3 Likes

interesting lol i wouldnt have expected that either. iirc that pack came straight from bodhi too.

3 Likes

Grows like a champ, even for rookie growers. Doesnt care about cold or extreme heat, indoors or out IME. Yields like a champ in a reasonable amount of time(usually 10ish weeks for me). But the real thing for me is the effect. Its just so damn pleasant, and thats the consensus I get from it from others too. Just the most euphoric and positive high, and no ceiling. Its really fantastic pain meds and energizing as well. Ive got a Spinal Cord Injury and a nasty rare neuro disease, and its one of the strains that kicks the symptoms in the ass every time. True medicine IMO. Its a personal favorite for day meds. Oh, and not to mention its got a really fun nag champa incense-y smell and flavor. Usually throws people off at first, but its such an enjoyable smoke.

From my understand now, it only was released as freebies at the 1 event. I know as I was standing in line some weirdo made a big scene saying “ill buy 2000 packs of Snow Lotus right now!” and Bodhi chuckled and said as I remember it " Sorry bro, its one per person so everyone can have it. Just repo the pack I gave you". Which kinda triggered the whole snowall effect for me lol. Im just really lucky I had a lil space to pull it off at the time! I didnt really think anything of it. I figured everyone and their momma did the same, so it was everywhere. Turns out I was very wrong! haha

27 Likes

Cherry unicorn pack i cracked the run before was solid everything popped and theres one gem in that pack im guessing is a mom leaner. strong vigorous plant with cherry terps frost and killer complex buzz that leans down but has some head stuff to it . .

7 Likes

So, back to Snow Lotus for a sec, I was a bit skeptical on the pure SL claims not gonna lie lol. Mainly because 2017 was also the year we started to see those SL BX1 (Goji B and Goji QM) freebie packs getting out there with orders so I was thinking along the lines of some occams razor type shit lol. I’ve also seen the QM Goji x SL on bodhi’s breeding lists as early as 2013/2014.

Anywho I asked Bodhi specifically about the “Snow Lotus 2017 EC Love Gift” and this is exactly what he said lol – “I have to look on the packs… most likely an F2 to the clone mom, or vice versa” – So that doesn’t sound like it’s the SL BX1 packs.

20 Likes

@backyardboogie420
Wow man you got them really dialed in👌
Beauties!
Keep passing those good-medicine genes around
Nagchampa sounds wonderfull

You said you repro’ed them a few times, do they track pretty similar with phenos at this point?
Do you clone out a room or are they all seed grown?

4 Likes

I didnt think it was something anyone even cared about lol. But Ill happily send seeds to whoever wants em. If noone has it may as well spread it.

Its for sure not the same label at least. Cant speak to anything else. Other than they are generally super uniform.

Thanks! Yup, super consistent in pretty much every way. Of course some are more standout, but all those pics are from seed. I had a mom for almost 4 years of it, but they wanna take 3 weeks to root, and its so uniform I just pop more seeds usually. But I did make sure to OP with a few dozen plants, as well as all the males on a clone of the mom in a 30 gal. But testing them I saw 0 differences in the 15 or so seeds I popped of each. It seems so stable already, Ive wanted to try to find 2-3 good cuts to try to fem the line, but I figured Id be better off just giving some seeds to someone else who knows what theyre doing lol.

20 Likes

A couple different phenos of Terpenado @6ish weeks. I only kept a cutting off one of them, and thankfully it was the more colorful one.

43 Likes

I had a pack, I was there at that Cup

As I remember, and I had a TBI so i dont remember good anymore, it was part of his going away present for SL as he was moving away from using the SL line since he had been using it for half a decade or more at that point.

11 Likes

Out of everything Bodhi…id love his “deadly g” (I believe that’s what it was called) 88g13hp… I read years ago he found a special one in there :wink: … I would love to hear anyones input on this pheno.:+1:

4 Likes

Would highly recommend cracking seeds manually if they don’t show any change in 36-48hrs.

2 Likes

Germinating in worm castings works well for me, even older seeds.

8 Likes

" WE ALSO EXPECT A SMALL RELEASE OF SOME NEW ONES FROM BODHI SOMETIME IN MARCH AND WILL KEEP YOU POSTED WITH DETAILS AS WE GET THEM HERE ON THE NEWS PAGE."

I saw this on JBC yesterday does anyone by chance know what the potential next releases are?

12 Likes

I’m counting down every minute til that new drop hoping someone here gets word or has an idea of what’s coming lol

Seed addict issues… :joy:

10 Likes

yeh i didnt mean i thought you were lying or anything like that… i just know over the years sometimes bodhi’s communication of what stuff actually is can be a bit lacking… seen it coincide with the SL BX1 freebies and figured that is the most straightforward explanation… but yeah sounds like he took his SL male and female and banged em together for an F2! cool that you recognized what ya had and kept it going!

25 Likes

Exactly what I said when I first interacted with him about it in fact . Great minds :wink:

10 Likes

I now have Azad Kashmir and Snow Lotus

HMMMM

10 Likes

Found a nice post from someone named Shmozz who grew out the SL BX:

Hey @Swampthing I know you’ve been at the EC with Bodhi in the past at the booth, any memory of this one or was 2017 not a year you made it out there?

11 Likes