Bodhi Guide - Seed and Strain Discussion (Part 2)

And I’d like to mention how lucky we are for that!!

7 Likes

The #15 male was supposedly selected as a counterpart to the #7. I haven’t done much from the #15 though.

5 Likes

Damn. Im gonna dig into my pack of those citrus bx beans here real soon.

3 Likes

Throwback from the blurple days haha my only saved pic of the cut when i grew it in 2018-2019.

Hella bushy girl! Threw tons of laterals. I actually saw lots of similarities in the way the #7 grows w/ Dawgs Waltz F4’s I bred with. Same bushy lateral physique!

Wookie7

24 Likes

Awesome. I know the wookie 15 hybrids have been some of my favorite terp wise from bodhi.

9 Likes

Some more throwbacks! Been going through my hard drive lol.

Just got the ASS cut back stoked to grow her again. And Bodhi recently blessed me with F1’s of ASS and Pirate Sweat to hunt through.

American Skunk Selection #1 (ASS) bodhi’s cut
(Hippy Slayer x [Hells Angels OG x Sterling Skunk])

Pirate Sweat bodhi’s cut
(1980’s DSB Black Afghani x Instant Karma)

31 Likes

Up for trade is:
Time Bandit x 2
Cherry Trance
Tres Fighter x 88g13hp
Purple Wookie
Space Cowboy

Looking for Fems like CSI or Exotic

4 Likes

I am hearing the new Bodhi drop will be available in the next day or so… What is everyone hoping to grab? DLA 5.3 & Dragonade are where I lean currently. Unless someone can convince me of swapping the Dragonade with another. I am new to Bodhi so all feedback is greatly appreciated!

EDIT I added an older post from @IgrowBodhiandCSI (thank you kind sir!) with more information on the drop for anyone interested in what to expect/packs available.

13 Likes

I’m definitely eyeing the 5.3 myself… Though I would rather have the funky burnt rubber sort of expression I’ve heard about in the 5.1 release.

I might also go for the last chance (Topanga x wookie) as I’ve never had a wookie cross. I definitely don’t have as much experience with bodhi as many others here do though.

7 Likes

I’d grab the dla 5.3 but I still have so much bodhi freebies to pop, not to mention the few purchased packs I have I’d like to go through before buying more haha

5 Likes

I’m about to start a grow of two more tents right now. If I get the mexican chocolate and artifact 1 BLD male lines and run those then I will have ran all 3 artifact lines. There are many good choices though like the lemon breeding tool and the jah goo and the lime.

7 Likes

Hmm hard to tell. I only have a couple pics of my cut at the moment… she naturally grows bushy and short, lots of branching but they’re small.

Clone in veg:

Chop day

33 Likes

DLA 5.3, Zunga Zeng, Eureka, and Holy Hand Grenade are the four I want to grab on day one.

5 Likes

Hey guys, hope you are all doing well.

My name is Vinayak, and I’m from Bangalore, India.

I’m a beginner here. I have never grown or smoked a hybrid cannabis variety in my life, only wonderful Indian sativas.

However, I’m thinking of growing some of Bodhi’s strains to begin my journey.

Are there any particular ones that you’d recommend? I have heard a lot about Goji OG and Mother’s Milk.

Based on your recommendations, I will try trading on this platform or straight up buy them!

Thanks and best regards,

Vinayak."

17 Likes

ya there is at least 3 I want from those selections… don’t want to say which ones hehehe
I bet this drop goes real fast as the anticipation is huge no doubt.

4 Likes

There are so many good choices. This drop just comes down to personal preferences.

5 Likes

Typically with Bodhi beans I have always gravitated to the 88g13hp crosses and have a fairly deep collection. I was also a tester 5 or 6 years ago and ran the irene x 88g13hp which later became grandma’s hashplant. That pack of seeds was killer and I kept a clone of the best female up until last spring when I stupidly decided to let it go. I have another more recent pack to hunt though so I feel okay about it. :rofl:
The wookie stuff though… that’s a rabbit hole I haven’t really gone down but reading all the posts here tells me I might be missing out on those.

18 Likes

Welcome @vinu58ster :wave:

There will certainly be a Bodhi strain or several that will fit what you want :+1:

It sounds like you are looking for something with more of a “body stone” effect instead of a “head high” effect.

You are right that the Goji OG or any Goji crosses would be a good choice for a hybrid. In fact, nearly every Bodhi strain will be like a hybrid when compared to an Indian sativa. I would also guess that Bodhi’s strains will have a much shorter flowering time compared to Indian sativas.

There are wonderful pictures here of Bodhi’s strain More Cowbell v2 “Minty Dub” by @Shevchenko.

@BarefootAndBlazed has a grow log showing off the Lemon Wookie v2.

There are a lot more examples of Bodhi’s genetics all over this thread and the site.

What type of effects are you looking for? That is what will ultimately determine which strain to suggest.

14 Likes

oh yeah imo definitely looks Wookie-statured! bushy and flopping all over the place with long leaf petioles.

the #7 cut has that piney aspect of lavender, and the floral part, as well as a very tropical grapefruit mango trop fruit profile but not musky or that generic “sweet weed” aroma. it smells like it should be a chapstick or lotion or candle or something, not weed lmao.

24 Likes

that’s correct based on the goji razz hybrid I tested.
it was labeled goji raz x omg on the packs, and in the emails they referred to it as raspberry sharpie goji f2.

Here’s an old picture from my grow journal.

26 Likes